Sign in to follow this  
Big Guy

"Wildfires"

I believe most of them 90% are being set intentionally, as well as let burn. If you don't agree, instead of calling me crazy, perhaps you should study Agenda 21/ 30.

I personally feel that we as a society should be able to put them out quickly, within a day or so before they get too big. Otherwise, we simply need to boost the funding in that direction. I feel it's totally UNACCEPTABLE to allow the destruction upon the environment (air) and personal property. So many people have asthma and respiratory issues and it can become life threatening.

NO TAXPAYER wants a wildfire and we play PLENTY of taxes to take care of this .......just do it!!!!

Aside from all that, what are your thought considering "Wildfires"? 

Surprised they don't happen more often.  I've always thought that would be almost too easy for terrorists.  I think I recently read that ISIS had talked about doing this.

I saw it somewhere else but here's an article laying out how easy and economically devastating it is.  

https://www.hstoday.us/subject-matter-areas/counterterrorism/isis-claims-escalating-use-of-wildfire-arson-as-terror-tactic/

Fires are actually beneficial to forests. They burn the deadwood which turns into nutrients for the next generation of new growth and reduces the risk of a larger fire by removing some of the fuel. Forests actually need a good burn once in a while.

I don't lose any sleep over the loss of property/dwellings. It's common knowledge that if you're going to live in a fire prone area you need to create a defensible space around your home. Some people are either too ignorant or lazy to do so. That is their problem. 

41 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Fires are actually beneficial to forests. They burn the deadwood which turns into nutrients for the next generation of new growth and reduces the risk of a larger fire by removing some of the fuel. Forests actually need a good burn once in a while.

I don't lose any sleep over the loss of property/dwellings. It's common knowledge that if you're going to live in a fire prone area you need to create a defensible space around your home. Some people are either too ignorant or lazy to do so. That is their problem. 

I agree.....they are beneficial to forests. I'm just saying that taxpayers are suffering and authorities are obliged to protect them when wildfires affect their homes.

22 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

I agree.....they are beneficial to forests. I'm just saying that taxpayers are suffering and authorities are obliged to protect them when wildfires affect theirs homes.

Maybe people should stop moving into areas that are subject to wildfires on a yearly basis. It's like spending money on saving the idiots who risk their lives to climb a mountain for no other reason than to say they did it. Or tried to do it.

1 minute ago, sderk said:

Maybe people should stop moving into areas that are subject to wildfires on a yearly basis. It's like spending money on saving the idiots who risk their lives to climb a mountain for no other reason than to say they did it. Or tried to do it.

You kind a have a point there, but still.......smokes travels for hundreds of miles.

I'd imagine that other than protecting us from foreign and domestic invaders this concern is up toward the top of the list.

Well, there are commercials still playing about not dragging a chain while driving which would cause sparks, not parking or idling over dead grass and such. I don't know. I remember the stories of those fire fighters managing wildfires tactically to burn sensibly. Now more than ever I hear about celebrity homes being affected by the fires. Guess they didn't do their homework when building or purchasing a house. :dunno: