Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Federal agency recommends that Kellyanne Conway be removed from service over Hatch Act

Washington Post

The Office of Special Counsel has recommended the removal of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway from federal office for violating the Hatch Act, which bars federal employees from engaging in political activity in the course of their work.

The report submitted to President Trump found that Conway violated the Hatch Act on numerous occasions by “disparaging Democratic presidential candidates while speaking in her official capacity during television interviews and on social media.”

The counsel said Conway was a repeat offender and recommended that she be removed from federal office.

The Office of Special Counsel is charged with enforcing the Hatch Act and is not to be confused with now-former special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation. The office is run by Henry Kerner, whom Trump nominated to the post.

This might have been considered a big deal at one time.    

If you read the official report, they are really splitting hairs here.  It seems their claim is based on Conway always being in her "official capacity" no matter where or when she is speaking.  It would be nearly impossible to prove exactly when someone shifts from "official" to "personal".  It will get press and then fizzle out.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

If you read the official report, they are really splitting hairs here.  It seems their claim is based on Conway always being in her "official capacity" no matter where or when she is speaking.  It would be nearly impossible to prove exactly when someone shifts from "official" to "personal".  It will get press and then fizzle out.

If you are a White House spokesperson, if you are talking to the press, then you are on the company dime.  That is not personal time.  

Richard or the one in Lost?

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

If you are a White House spokesperson, if you are talking to the press, then you are on the company dime.  That is not personal time.  

It's about capacity.  She can speak her personal beliefs on company time.  First Amendment and all that, you know.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

It's about capacity.  She can speak her personal beliefs on company time.  First Amendment and all that, you know.

Not according to the Hatch Act.  If you want to say that it is Unconstitutional, then argue that point.  The other part really isn't a good argument.  Might also want to bring up Obama lackey's who probably pulled the same crap.  I think that the problem with Conway is that she has been told not to do it and she keeps doing it.  

I wouldn't want her to leave. She's a comedy act. Love when she comes on Chris Cuomo's show and talks over him and then refuses to answer simple questions but instead rambles on with he preplanned statements.  The fact that her own husband hates Trump and mocks him incessantly is just a bonus.  Honestly, I'd hate for her to be gone. My favorite Trump administration member.

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Not according to the Hatch Act.  If you want to say that it is Unconstitutional, then argue that point.  The other part really isn't a good argument.  Might also want to bring up Obama lackey's who probably pulled the same crap.  I think that the problem with Conway is that she has been told not to do it and she keeps doing it.  

You are wrong here.  The Hatch Act differentiates between Official and Personal, and they can both occur on the job. Read the text of the accusations against Conway.

So there's a law that says federal employees cannot attack political opponents? 

If they enforce that, they'll be no Democrats left. 

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

This might have been considered a big deal at one time.    

Until the Democrats started and havent stopped breaking the rule daily since trump won the nomination?

The hatch act is focking stupid. It's an outdated law that should be removed.

That being said, the HATCH ACT MODERNIZATION ACT OF 2012 (thanks Obama) updated penalties for violators to include "reprimand". So I think Trump should let her know what a bad girl she has been.

I seem to remember Obama having some choice words about Trump.  Was he on or off the clock as POTUS when he said them?  :lol:

Just now, TimmySmith said:

I seem to remember Obama having some choice words about Trump.  Was he on or off the clock as POTUS when he said them?  :lol:

President and VP are exempt.

2 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

And all Democrats evidently 

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

When they break the hatch act it's just a matter

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

When they break the hatch act it's just a matter

Is there anything that they've accused the trump administration of that they arent actually guilty of ? 

They should change their name to the projectionist party. 

8 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Which Democrats are you talking about?

Just now, parrot said:

Which Democrats are you talking about?

A better question is which ones havent attacked Trump. 

Zero?

She literally looks like a meth head skank that works truck stops.

2 minutes ago, drobeski said:

A better question is which ones havent attacked Trump. 

Zero?

The Hatch Act provision in question only applie to the Executive Branch.  

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

She literally looks like a meth head skank that works truck stops.

She does look like she was ridden hard and put away wet.  When I see Conway, I imagine that she was pretty 25 years ago and hasn't done anything to update her look. Her long blonde hair is now thin and stringy.  She always looks frazzled. Like Julian Assange, she appears to have aged ten years in the last three. I'm sure lying every day and then going home to a husband that absolutely despises your boss is stressful. He life has to absolutely suck.  Remember, she was Ted Cruz' campaign manager against Trump. She doesn't even like him. It's just a paycheck. The act is killing her.  

Logan act, Hatch act. Maybe they can dig up some pilgrim laws too. 

24 minutes ago, parrot said:

The Hatch Act provision in question only applie to the Executive Branch.  

Was this a hatch act violation?

Remember when Barry dropped the phone while disparaging trump on that late night comedy show ? 

Who hatched up that idea ?

22 minutes ago, Strike said:

Was this a hatch act violation?

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

:thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

No it wasn't a hatch act violation. Really REALLY stupid, but not a violation.

You won't hear them going after Trump for a hatch act violation for attacking the loser democrats running for office, because the Hatch Act doesn't apply to the President , VP and certain high level officials.

11 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

If it's in fact true that the pres/vp are exempt the whole damn act should be abolished.  How idiotic is it that KAC is subject to this but her bosses are not. 

2 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Like a witch hunt? 

It's been done to death 

16 minutes ago, Strike said:

If it's in fact true that the pres/vp are exempt the whole damn act should be abolished.  How idiotic is it that KAC is subject to this but her bosses are not. 

It's very dumb.  To see just how dumb it is see my Trump Calendar thread.

13 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Esp AT the WH

12 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Big fan of her sexy hag look. Would look nice riding upright. 

She would have more money than god, if she upped her dominatrix game. :thumbsup:

19 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Here is where I'm confused. Was she in the clock when she appeared on the program? Everyone has core hours. If she wasn't on leave that's a problem

2. They announced her government title. Which is normal for a news show but the hatch act says you cannot use your government station to influence an election. Example: I cant go on national TV and say. Hi I'm Cdub and I work for the federal government (insert title) and I think Trump is the best president ever. What I can do is say hi I'm Cdub and I think Trump is the best president ever.

It's a fine line and it's weird considering her station that she's not exempt.

I still think the hatch act is really stupid and should be abolished. Of course it only there because Democrats abused the system.