Sign in to follow this  
The Observer

What are your fast food 'go-to's' in a pinch?

1 minute ago, nospk said:
The beginning of the end occurred in 1982, when General Foods' Burger Chef division was sold to Imasco, a Canadian tobacco conglomerate, who had purchased Hardee's the year previous with the goal of quickly amassing a nationwide fast food chain. 

Burger Chef's mostly midwestern market made for a significant territory expansion when added to Hardee's mostly southern market. Around this time, most Burger Chef locations converted to Hardee's locations. Burger Chef franchisees located sufficiently far enough away from the nearest Hardee's were offered Hardee's franchises. Burger Chef franchisees in existing Hardee's markets, located too close to existing Hardee's locations were allowed to continue to operate as Burger Chef until their franchise agreements expired. Most of the remaining Burger Chef franchisees had either closed, changed restaurant formats, or at least had changed their names by the early 1990's. The last remaining Burger Chef, located in Cookeville, Tennessee changed its name to Pleasers in 1996 following an ownership change, and would eventually close.

"Burger Chef's mostly midwestern market made for a significant territory expansion when added to Hardee's mostly southern market."

Like I said they have always been Hardees in the SE

2 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

"Burger Chef's mostly midwestern market made for a significant territory expansion when added to Hardee's mostly southern market."

Like I said they have always been Hardees in the SE

Except for Charlotte NC 

Not technically fast food, more fast casual, but we like Panera Bread, Hook Burger, and Tender Greens. I will occasionally do a double double from In-N-Out, or a 1/2 lb bean and cheese burrito from Del Taco. Will do a Mc Donald’s sausage and cheese biscuit if you put a gun to my head.