Sign in to follow this  
DonS

CIVIL discussion of Dem presidential candidates

They are all done for. Most of them have shot themselves in the foot by being backed into a corner on reperations. Outside of the 13 percent of the us that is black no one supports this really. 

Biden is going to be the choice and trump is going to shred him like paper. His cancer claim is just dumb and he's a creep. 

Not one of these people can unseat an incumbent president overseeing a good economy.  Keep in mind only 2 incumbent presidents in modern history have lost. 

It's like the island of misfit presidential candidates. Maybe if you combine them all the Dems have a chance

I would vote for yang and Bernie

Anybody else im voting green

Unless some crazy legal stuff happens Trump is winning

Yang is promising X dollars a year for everyone, right?  Is this straight across the board or only for folks below a certain income level? 

2 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

12k a year straight across the board

Really?  No stipulations at all?  Sh1t. I'll be pulling for him (damn, there I go saying it) to get the nomination then.  If a Dem is gonna win I might as well get some straight cash homie. 

if everyone ends up with an extra 12k a year, what’s going to stop companies from charging more money, for goods and services, because they know everyone now has an extra $1,000/month?

4 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

if everyone ends up with an extra 12k a year, what’s going to stop companies from charging more money, for goods and services, because they know everyone now has an extra $1,000/month?

Very good question.  I'd be interested to hear how he responds if he is asked that. 

10 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Or cutting pay to the tune of 12k a year. 

Id go Biden because he is the most moderate. I was hoping he would embrace that but it seems like he is moving left, which is understandable in the primaries. I like Yang but need to know more. I listened to Tulsi Gabbard on the Joe Rogan podcast and liked her as well. Again, need to know more, though. I havent fully educated myself on them all yet.

Heres a link to some info on their positions

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2019/jun/13/2020-election-issues-democrats-policies-climate-change-abortion-immigration-healthcare-where-candidates-stand

16 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Buttgeig is smart, adult and not corrupt. He meets the Dem checkbox by being gay. 

He worked for McKinsey. He's corrupt. 

3 hours ago, DonS said:

So are you an anti-snipper or proud member of The Purple Helmet Army?   Battlelines are being drawn up. Which side are you on? 

I am cut, but I chose not to do it to my son, couldn't really see the point (tip)

2 hours ago, OldMaid said:

Any queer or female candidate should be dismissed immediately. They make our country look weak and we will not be taken seriously. 

Just now, bostonlager said:

Any queer or female candidate should be dismissed immediately. They make our country look weak and we will not be taken seriously. 

You're trying too hard

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

You're trying too hard

It's because I care. 🇱🇷

Really waiting for it to get whittled down some more, but right now the candidates who have I have positive impressions of this early are Pete Buttigieg, Julián Castro, Kamala Harris,  John Hickenlooper, Jay Inslee, Tim Ryan and Elizabeth Warren.   

9 hours ago, OldMaid said:

But but but free market! Competition! Blah blah blah

9 hours ago, OldMaid said:

You will also see drug use and overdoses increase sharply because a certain segment of the population is not responsible enough to use it correctly. 

57 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Please take this to another thread.  We already know how various non-Dem folks feel about Dems.  Just like we know how Dem folks feel about Trump.   Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, DonS said:

Please take this to another thread.  We already know how various non-Dem folks feel about Dems.  Just like we know how Dem folks feel about Trump.   Thanks. 

That was a serious comment. If the democrats want to lose again they will nominate a female or a queer. 

17 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

That was a serious comment. If the democrats want to lose again they will nominate a female or a queer. 

That may be the case, which is why I stated in OP to get folks thoughts about candidates they like for whatever reason and not just who has best chance to win. 

Beto, Bernie, Biden, Warren, Harris are immediate vote for Trump candidates. 

Wang and Buttigieg I will give strong consideration.  I do have some reservations about a small town mayor from a small state running the country.  

11 hours ago, OldMaid said:

A lot of people don't think of such unintended consequences.  :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I would only vote for Andrew Yang over Trump, I agree with 20 of his 25 policies he has listed

The guy wants to lower the voting age to 16. What a nightmare.

16 hours ago, drobeski said:

What policies can they/are they running on other than not trump ? Like what legit this will be better for America stuff do they got ?

Bump....anyone ?

So Yang wants to give everyone $1000 per month. Where is that money coming from? And what are drug addicts going to do with that extra income?

Also, where does money come from for these?

$1 Billion Local Local Journalism Fund

Free Marriage Counseling for All

Free Financial Counseling for All

Paid Family Leave

Increase Assistance for Single Parents

Fund Medical Technology Innovation

Prosperity Grants

On and on... 

Then in addition:

Empower MMA Fighters

Support the Dream Act

Lower Voting Age to 16

Weird.

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

So Yang wants to give everyone $1000 per month. Where is that money coming from? And what are drug addicts going to do with that extra income?

Also, where does money come from for these?

$1 Billion Local Local Journalism Fund

Free Marriage Counseling for All

Free Financial Counseling for All

Paid Family Leave

Increase Assistance for Single Parents

Fund Medical Technology Innovation

Prosperity Grants

On and on... 

Then in addition:

Empower MMA Fighters

Support the Dream Act

Weird.

Just print it. Or take it from others. But not the donors. Their money is sheltered or off shore. I doubt the SJW's in Hollywood or Silicone valley actually pay much income tax. It's all good 

2 minutes ago, sderk said:

He might actually have a sneaky smart idea. For maybe only a few grand he's counting on Darwinism taking it's course.  The junkies will probably end up overdosing and killing themselves so their overall drain on society will be cut short.  The result would be a net savings for America.  He probably owns stock in the company that manufactures Narcan just to hedge his bets. 

12 minutes ago, DonS said:

He might actually have a sneaky smart idea. For maybe only a few grand he's counting on Darwinism taking it's course.  The junkies will probably end up overdosing and killing themselves so their overall drain on society will be cut short.  The result would be a net savings for America.  He probably owns stock in the company that manufactures Narcan just to hedge his bets. 

He might also be thinking, if he offers up free stuff, people will vote for him. And if he makes 16 year olds able to vote, what high school kid doesn't want free stuff? Especially if it sparkles and has a bow on it with a $ sign in front of it. Reelection confirmed in 2024.

You see those guys going onto college campuses and asking the students why they want to vote for Hillary. Then the students stutter their answers to the point of embarrassment. Can you imagine what those interviews would look like if they were to interview 16 year olds and ask why they want to vote for someone like Harris? 

You won't here many  democrats scoff at this guys lunacy. The worst they will say is that they will consider it. Can't upset the children. The democrats really are the me too party. Batshit crazy idea thrown out there? 23 of them, me too! 

I think Biden remains the best prospect they have, and the most well-equipped to take on Trump.  The rest are not much to speak of, how is it that they are fielding such a weak assortment? 

Also you do understand that yangs policy essentially eliminates welfare including for illegals which he has specifically stated. Also eliminates food stamps and 127 other govt welfare programs

1 hour ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I think Biden remains the best prospect they have, and the most well-equipped to take on Trump.  The rest are not much to speak of, how is it that they are fielding such a weak assortment? 

Maybe they anticipate a big downfall in economy and more racial / gender unrest and don't want to win in 2020 so as to make Trump look bad? Although, if they do lose in 2020, there biggest nightmare would be that Trump and the economy keep working hard for the American people.

17 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Also you do understand that yangs policy essentially eliminates welfare including for illegals which he has specifically stated. Also eliminates food stamps and 127 other govt welfare programs

Based on the little bit I listened to of the Joe Rogan interview, the $1k per month would decrease if they're receiving other government handouts, but it wouldn't eliminate any.

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

Based on the little bit I listened to of the Joe Rogan interview, the $1k per month would decrease if they're receiving other government handouts, but it wouldn't eliminate any.

from my understanding if they are on Welfare, they can stay on the hassles of welfare, but once they opt into the new program, they wouldnt be able to get any other govt handouts

I haven't finished Rogan's yet, but watched Shapiro and Rubin, what I understood of alot of it, is that the 1000, for example a lot of people are getting 700$ a month in handouts so essentially these people would only get an additional 300, but when you factor in the money spent on administrative fees its a net zero