Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Draft Commentary- Second Half of Draft**

9 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Part of the issue likely might be that the long gaps in action have people mentally check out, so it becomes a self-perpetuating thing.....dunno

yep

Need a Round 11 selection thread.

Thanks!!

Iceman: Penny already taken!!

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

fall apart? didn't we start june 10th? you cant really count the weekend.... i'd say into round 10 on day 6 isn't too bad at all 

Remote prefers them to average 4 rounds a day.

Cam was very tempting.  He's just put his body thru so much already and now they are changing his throwing motion.  Robb will likely get the last laugh, and Cam in round 11 seems very good.

I've always really liked Sanders and he's always provided great value for where you can draft him.  His injury is a concern but as my 5th WR I think he's worth the risk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, remote controller said:

Cam was very tempting.  He's just put his body thru so much already and now they are changing his throwing motion.  Robb will likely get the last laugh, and Cam in round 11 seems very good.

RC: we shall see who gets the last laugh, but already having Mahomes made this an easy pick. And you r right, at 11.03 he had value. Best QB combo I have ever had!

56 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I've always really liked Sanders and he's always provided great value for where you can draft him.  His injury is a concern but as my 5th WR I think he's worth the risk.

Liked the pick.  I was really hoping he'd fall another half a round.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2019 at 8:04 AM, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Yes, I am presently putting together my plan of action to provide to a few people, will make sure everything is set before I fly out.

Anybody receive anything from Ray? 

20 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

Didn't he say he was headed to Greece today?

He did. He said he would draw up a plan before departure. Going to give him until 11:00 am EDT and then we'll discuss options if he has not shown by that time. 

48 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Anybody receive anything from Ray? 

I did not.

19 hours ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Part of the issue likely might be that the long gaps in action have people mentally check out, so it becomes a self-perpetuating thing.....dunno

Those damn long gaps in action... am I right? :P

Now that most teams have their "starting lineups" formulated, let's take a look at what's there before depth...

Somehow, I see this going very badly for me

ICEMAN:

Carson Wentz

Saquon Barkley, Damien Williams

A.J. Green, Julian Edelman, Courtland Sutton

Evan Engram

Seems like a pretty balanced attack with some question marks. How does Damien Williams do in his first real stint as a starting RB from the onset of a season? How does A.J. Green bounce back? Can Denver's passing attack give any WRs decent numbers? Barkley obviously anchors this team, but beyond him, I don't see a lot of sure things. Edelman as a #2 WR, though, does grant some security. 

So far...not an in-depth analysis, I like Dan and Shovel’s teams. Good RBs and balance there. Mike comes in right behind these 2 teams.

Remote Controller:

Matt Ryan

Ezekiel Elliott, Chris Carson

Adam Thielen, Sammy Watkins, Robby Anderson

Zach Ertz

So, looking back at ICEMAN' starters, I think this team's level of talent/capability is very similar until you get to TE where Ertz is at least a solid tier or two above Engram. Remote deserves credit for still being able to assemble this sort of unit in spite of burning such an early pick on the TE position. His #2 WR probably has as much upside as any WR in the NFL, but carries far more risk than ICE's #2 in Edelman. If Watkins has a career year, though, this team would be pretty stout given the proven track record of everyone else. 

Robb:

Patrick Mahomes

Christian McCaffrey, Todd Gurley

Kenny Golladay, Tyler Lockett, Allen Robinson

(No TE taken yet)

This team is top-heavy in that no WRs were taken until Round Four, but you've got to admire the top of that lineup, particularly if Gurley can somehow muster an average of 18-20 touches a game with more in spots. Because Robb used every pick between 4 and 6 on WRs, he's likely to find at least one that makes an impact. If two of those three pan out or a later pick does well, this team would then likely be productive from all spots, including having the best fantasy QB there is. 

2 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Just got an email from Ray...

Was it spam links to pron?

Dak Prescott : so my plan was to try and grab Dak and Cam. That didn't work but Dak was the one who I wanted to make absolutely sure I got. You look at his body of work and his ability as a runner has left him around QB12-13 each of his years as a starter (I think.... kinda pulling that from memory). Also if memory serves me correctly, he was a top 10 fantasy QB after the addition of Cooper as a legit WR1 presence. Now he gets a healthier offensive line than 2018 and an old set of sure hands back on the team....

Basically, as someone who always waits as long as possible on his starting QB, Dak is a guy I will probably own in a lot of leagues this year. I obviosly don't expect him to work out like Mahomes did for me in many leagues last year but he doesn't need to.

9 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Just got an email from Ray...

So, are you trying to keep us in suspense? I'm only asking cuz I have a meeting at 11.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

So, are you trying to keep us in suspense? I'm only asking cuz I have a meeting at 11.

The pick is in.

• Like 1

RAY PICKED A SECOND TIGHT END!!!

There's a first time for everything... 

5 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

The pick is in.

Mine, too.

Vikings 4Ever:

Russell Wilson

Alvin Kamara, Kenyan Drake

Antonio Brown, T.Y.Hilton, Tyreek Hill/Mike Williams

Eric Ebron 

Vikes has been using the above formula to compile teams in this draft for over a decade. Obviously, if Hill somehow plays 12-16 games, this team would be a monster at the WR position to go along with having a borderline top-5 TE and QB and a stud leading the charge in the backfield. Without Hill, it's still a team with strong WRs and explosive playmakers at the other positions. As was stated in Men of Honor, "8 days, 2 hours, and 4 minutes- perfect assembly"

Hawkeye21:

Drew Brees

Melvin Gordon, Sony Michel

Keenan Allen, Alshon Jeffery, Anthony Miller

George Kittle 

Whereas Remote got away with taking a TE early, there are some definite holes in this starting lineup from my perspective based on Hawk's decision to follow suit. Sony Michel and Alshon Jeffery are low-end #2s at best and that stands in contrast to some of the #2s from teams already noted. Miller is also a pretty questionable choice as a #3. What isn't factored in, however, is depth and I've actually loved what Hawk has done with his depth picks so far, so the overall rating of this team would be much more positive than merely looking at "starters". 

Matt's Eagles:

Baker Mayfield

David Johnson, Marlon Mack

Mike Evans, D.J. Moore, Dede Westbrook

David Njoku

Our defending champion is following a similar pattern as last season as he's put an ascending second-year QB in the spotlight much like he did with Mahomes then. The running game on this team looks strong and the TE position is in good hands, so what success may come down to is whether or not Moore and Westbrook can take a big step forward. There's some risk associated with putting that kind of faith in guys who haven't done it before. The rest of the starters, though, are solid for sure. 

1 hour ago, Fumbleweed said:

Vikings 4Ever:

Russell Wilson

Alvin Kamara, Kenyan Drake

Antonio Brown, T.Y.Hilton, Tyreek Hill/Mike Williams

Eric Ebron 

Vikes has been using the above formula to compile teams in this draft for over a decade. Obviously, if Hill somehow plays 12-16 games, this team would be a monster at the WR position to go along with having a borderline top-5 TE and QB and a stud leading the charge in the backfield. Without Hill, it's still a team with strong WRs and explosive playmakers at the other positions. As was stated in Men of Honor, "8 days, 2 hours, and 4 minutes- perfect assembly"

:cheers:

Not stoked with my team, as I'm not thrilled with my 2/3/4 turn. Brown is someone I'm avoiding, and not thrilled by Hilton. Maybe I go Gurley/Hilton/Golladay or Brown/Fournette/Golladay, but I don't see that as any better.

Hill, I'm expecting a 6 game suspension. I think 10 games of Hill, especially in best ball format, is better than 16 games of some of the other WRs available there. Especially with my top 3 WRs. Any shorter suspension is a bonus, any longer will likely make the pick a mistake.

In short, not my best work, but the best I could do given how things fell.

2 hours ago, Fumbleweed said:

RAY PICKED A SECOND TIGHT END!!!

There's a first time for everything... 

🤭

White Wonder:

Dak Prescott

Le'Veon Bell, Leonard Fournette

JuJu Smith-Schuster, Brandin Cooks, Will Fuller

Hunter Henry

While Wonder got conservative with his later picks of guys like Fitzgerald and Olsen, his "starters" are anything but. Bell and Fournette have the potential to both be top-five at their positions, but both could be straight up busts, too. Hunter Henry could easily be a top-3 TE, but could also struggle to regain the promise he once showed. What I'm getting at is that this group of starters contains some risk/reward to it. The WRs look stable, so really this comes down to whether QB is good enough and whether or not the RBs perform. 

Thanks fumble,

It's a very boom-bust team. It all kicked off with the 7 pick and rolling the dice on Lev. I also usually draft more boom-bust in non ppr formats. (We probably changed this to PPR and I forgot) but that's why I had guys like Cooks and Fuller targeted. Henry may be key. His per game numbers are outstanding he just needs to play.

Hurry up!  I want to pick!!!!  😶