Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Draft Commentary- Second Half of Draft**

Unfortunately, Burton has the same bye week as Ebron, but he's the best left. If he can build on last year's surprising performance, he could easily start more weeks than Ebron for me.

I almost went burton over olsen. I'm surprised burton was not picked a lot earlier. He played well in spurts last year and a tight end in nagys offense offers lots of upside.

Ray Lewis' Limo Driver:

Aaron Rodgers

Devonta Freeman, Phillip Lindsay

Davante Adams, Odell Beckham, Jr., Calvin Ridley

Vance McDonald 

Ray put a lot of eggs in one basket here (wide receiver), but if Rodgers and Mayfield stay healthy, that basket should produce tremendous results. Going WR-WR will always leave you with some question marks amongst your starting RBs, but in the end, Ray resisted the urge to take a second or third tier RB, opting instead for first-tier guys at the other primary skill position in fantasy football. From his draft position, I think the move made sense and he even got a top QB out of the deal without sacrificing much to do so. Well done. 

Dan:

Ben Roethlisberger/Kirk Cousins

James Conner, Nick Chubb

Amari Cooper, Stefon Diggs, Chris Godwin

Jared Cook 

While Ray opted for WR-WR, Dan went old school if you will by taking back to back running backs. He was likely trying to decide between two Browns in doing so as he passed on Beckham for Chubb. This is really a team without a superstar as Conner is a solid choice in a solid offense, but has limited ability in my opinion to out-perform his draft status. Despite the lack of elite talent, though, this team achieved balance when Dan found such great bargains at WR in Rounds 3 & 4. Those picks may end up being the engine that drives the bus in the end. 

Shovelheadt:

Andrew Luck

Joe Mixon, Dalvin Cook

Robert Woods, Jarvis Landry, DeVante Parker

Austin Hooper 

This is basically the same formula that Robb used: That is, RB-RB-QB. The difference being that Shovel has less upside at RB than Robb, but possibly more stability. But, while Robb recovered at WR after such a start, I'm not sure Shovel did. I guess it depends on how you see Woods, Landry, and especially Parker. There are a lot of mouths to feed in those first two offenses and Parker thus far has been more hype than substance. I think ultimately the selection of Luck hamstrung Shovel a bit at the WR position, but can't argue with the foundation of Mixon/Cook. Two backs in their prime and ascending. 

1 hour ago, Vikings4ever said:

Unfortunately, Burton has the same bye week as Ebron, but he's the best left. If he can build on last year's surprising performance, he could easily start more weeks than Ebron for me.

You sniped him right before I was going to take him, had him typed in and ready to select! Nice pick V4E

Mike FFToday:

DeShaun Watson

Aaron Jones, Kerryon Johnson

Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, Tyler Boyd

O.J. Howard

Mike sucks and so does his team. 

Just kidding. 

I really think this is how you put a team together from the bottom of a draft. WR prowess can be found at that spot, and like Ray, Mike found it. He then added a top-3 QB, a high upside TE and two young RBs who could outperform their draft positions by a country mile. This is probably my favorite team thus far along with V4E's. I think Mike did what had to be done from the 12 spot and did it well. 

Not going to critique my own team at this point. If someone else wants to do that, feel free. 

42 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

Not going to critique my own team at this point. If someone else wants to do that, feel free. 

It sucks

Just kidding. I'll throw a little critique when I get home

Belichek doesn't mess around.....never has.  He has kept this guy he highly coveted through two seasons even though injury kept him from the field quite often.  When available he did well.  He gives the Pats something different than Michel (run play) and White (pass).  He's a power runner with great hands........and.......rumor is.......... Sony might start the season on pup.   Bill rarely keeps players he doesn't really need.  

Waited a bit longer for my QB2 than I would have preferred, but I'll gamble Murray will at least occasionally put up some big games.

• Thanks 1

Fumble

QB - Jared Goff

RB - Derrick Henry, Mark Ingram

WR - DeAndre Hopkins, Cooper Kupp, Dante Pettis

TE - Travis Kelce

Obviousloy grabbing the consensus top tight end here put Fumble a little behind the 8 ball at other positions. Hopkins is a stud and Kupp should be solid. Not sure what to expect from Pettis or the SF WR group as a whole. The RB's look uninspiring but in non PPR if Ingram shines in Baltimores run heavy offense and if the Titans start using Henry as the workhorse he can be, than this tandem might be pretty darn good. Goff is a fine QB, as we all know my stance on QB's. I like the team and Hopkins was my other choice with my own 7th pick. Utimately I went RB-WR and explained why.... I'd be curious to know if fumble faced the same two players, which direction he would have gone. Was his 2nd round Kelce pick due to not liking the RB's available at that point or was it calculated? 

Who are the St Louis Rams??

12 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Fumble

QB - Jared Goff

RB - Derrick Henry, Mark Ingram

WR - DeAndre Hopkins, Cooper Kupp, Dante Pettis

TE - Travis Kelce

Obviousloy grabbing the consensus top tight end here put Fumble a little behind the 8 ball at other positions. Hopkins is a stud and Kupp should be solid. Not sure what to expect from Pettis or the SF WR group as a whole. The RB's look uninspiring but in non PPR if Ingram shines in Baltimores run heavy offense and if the Titans start using Henry as the workhorse he can be, than this tandem might be pretty darn good. Goff is a fine QB, as we all know my stance on QB's. I like the team and Hopkins was my other choice with my own 7th pick. Utimately I went RB-WR and explained why.... I'd be curious to know if fumble faced the same two players, which direction he would have gone. Was his 2nd round Kelce pick due to not liking the RB's available at that point or was it calculated? 

When you're done critiquing all of the teams, I'd like to see you list them 1 to 12 on which you think is strongest.

1 hour ago, shovelheadt said:

When you're done critiquing all of the teams, I'd like to see you list them 1 to 12 on which you think is strongest.

I only critiqued fumble because he didn't want to critique himself. I can certainly rank them though. Give me a few.

Marquise Brown.... total best ball pick and I won't attempt to hide that fact. Although this is roughly where he should be drafted... among these next 2 rounds anyway... so I don't think my own reasoning takes anything away from the validity of the selection. I expect Brown to have some big games due to big plays and a bunch of duds in that run first offense with Lamar Jackson.

Anyone have a list for RLLD?

is he oversees now?

My flight delayed until later this afternoon, last minute travel arrangements are the suck

Guys...I posted a pick inadvertently, then realized my mistake and deleted it. Everyone ok with me changing my pick or do I need to stick with my original choice?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, shovelheadt said:

Guys...I posted a pick inadvertently, then realized my mistake and deleted it. Everyone ok with me changing my pick or do I need to stick with my original choice?

Great. Now we have to start the draft over.

2 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

Honestly, shovel, I don't think anyone even saw. Go ahead and make your new pic.

8 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

Pick made is a pick played focko😛

No. We have to start over with a new draft order as well.... 😶

Really glad someone took Washington. I only avoided him because I have 2 Steelers already. But hes the logical gamble as the #2 in Pitt. Tremendous value at this point

2 hours ago, shovelheadt said:

Damn it!  Then you go and take my guy.

Just like Shovel, I changed my pick very quickly after making it. Nobody had selected after me so I hope it was okay with everyone.

In Geneva, will keep an eye on things

In Telluride for the 46th Annual  Bluegrass Festival but will keep available.

36 minutes ago, remote controller said:

I'm on the Space Station, but can see everything you guys are doing.

Well, I'm jealous. I'm just dying in a den in Bombay.

Mike...can you draft a kicker for Ray or something at this point? 

Main thing is we need to wrap this up on Friday. 

5 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

😴 5 hours is waaay too long to wait. I'm picking for you.

That is an excellent generous selection for RLLD by Mike.

Thanks for helping me out guys, go ahead and pick my last one too please, I am tied up with some”things” for a day or two

7 hours ago, RLLD said:

Thanks for helping me out guys, go ahead and pick my last one too please, I am tied up with some”things” for a day or two

We’ll grab the very worstest kicker we can find.