Sign in to follow this  
BiPolarBear

Dominican Republic Tourist Deaths

I’ve recommended this paradise to MDC for his upcoming anniversary. 

And to think my big fear down there was getting the clap. I stuck to the Presidentes. I never drink mixed drinks in the brown places. Learned that in the Philippines

Don’t get why people vacation in these sh!tholes when there’s plenty of places you can go without being a target.

Never drank from the mini bar when I vacationed overseas. Always from the actual bars at the resort. Would rather be out and about drinking at the resort than in my room. Only times I would be in the room was to change, shower, sleep, or fock. 

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Don’t get why people vacation in these sh!tholes when there’s plenty of places you can go without being a target.

Got me. Let me vacation in a place where they practice Voodoo and kill you to make you a zombie, but only half that plan works. 

21 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I would guess it is a lot cheaper...

59 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I have a friend with a house on the beach in Mexico. Not a shack. Two stories with a pool. I can go down any time, but I don't want to get held for ransom or some dumb shioit. 

You can never relax...

7 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Never drank from the mini bar when I vacationed overseas. Always from the actual bars at the resort. Would rather be out and about drinking at the resort than in my room. Only times I would be in the room was to change, shower, sleep, or fock. 

Yeah, you're much better off at the actual bars!

https://blackdoctor.org/515616/10000-gallons-of-tainted-alcohol-seized-from-mexican-resorts/

11 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

I went to DR in 2012 with my wife. Cheap, beautiful beaches, great weather and we didnt die. I will not be going back

7 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Anyone else think we have a serial killer situation?

It's the booze.  

33 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It's the booze.  

That will make you go blind. Have a heart attack? That sounds like deliberate poisoning 

10 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

That will make you go blind. Have a heart attack? That sounds like deliberate poisoning 

Maybe. Im willing to bet the booze in those mini-bars has all been switched out with legitimate stuff. Lots of money at stake. So many have a reason to cover this up. The DR is in for a bad time over this. You can expect a shitload of them to head this way soon. Domo women are the biggest who-res on the planet, rivaled only by Puerto Rican's. So there's that. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Maybe. Im willing to bet the booze in those mini-bars has all been switched out with legitimate stuff. Lots of money at stake. So many have a reason to cover this up. The DR is in for a bad time over this. You can expect a shitload of them to head this way soon. Domo women are the biggest who-res on the planet, rivaled only by Puerto Rican's. So there's that. 

This will kill tourism there. I have been twice and won’t go back. 

54 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Nah people are stupid, it could never happen to them.

Trump's fault

BUSH🤬

On 6/15/2019 at 3:26 PM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

True. Competition is steep.  The DR has only one option and that is to slash prices and provide great service.  The well run joints will survive. The economy places will not get the U.S. tourists. 

On 6/15/2019 at 1:25 PM, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Anyone else think we have a serial killer situation?

It’s possible.   Not sure I trust the DR authorities to get to the bottom of this.  How involved will the FBI get with this?  

Either way, their tourism industry takes a major hit.  

The Dominican Republic: Come for The Who-res, stay for the poison 

On 6/14/2019 at 10:14 PM, Brad GLuckman said:

I went to DR in 2012 with my wife. Cheap, beautiful beaches, great weather and we didnt die. I will not be going back

Dumb 

Edit: not dumb 

5 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Dumb

What is dumb?  That he went to the DR, his assessment of the DR or that he won't be going back.  

I happen to agree with him.  

7 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

What is dumb?  That he went to the DR, his assessment of the DR or that he won't be going back.  

I happen to agree with him.  

I read it wrong sorry 

I think there is something in the liquor there, maybe its bootlegged or something, and its effectively poison...

18 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I think there is something in the liquor there, maybe its bootlegged or something, and its effectively poison...

I've been making bootleg liquor in my kitchen using a jerry-rigged pressure cooker still for 20 years and no one has ever died. You've got to be a dumb motherfuckker to make something that will kill, unless it was done on purpose. 

11 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I've been making bootleg liquor in my kitchen using a jerry-rigged pressure cooker still for 20 years and no one has every died. You've got to be a dumb motherfuckker to make something that will kill, unless it was done on purpose. 

I like to think I never underestimate the stupidity of people, and yet I will often find myself amazed at what people think and say.....it would not shock me if some moron was just being a d!ck here...hell, the Chinese know damb right well that Fentanyl is essentially poison, and yet export it like its cool....

I remember a local bar burned down when I was in H.S.  A couple of guys I knew went there and grabbed a bunch of liquor bottles. We were getting ready to go out in the woods and drink it, when one of our smarter friends told us that was not a good idea, that the liquor could be deadly. Maybe a place burned down there and someone sold the salvaged liquor to the resorts? 

Timely, watched the movie,  The Master, yesterday. Besides being a focked up movie in general, the main character makes homemade hooch which is basically a posion. Stars J. Phoenix and PSH, btw.

On 6/18/2019 at 12:03 AM, RLLD said:

I like to think I never underestimate the stupidity of people, and yet I will often find myself amazed at what people think and say.....it would not shock me if some moron was just being a d!ck here...hell, the Chinese know damb right well that Fentanyl is essentially poison, and yet export it like its cool....

Fake bootleg booze is a problem in China too. The bars sell empty bottles to some guy who refills them with God knows what and brings em back.

It doesn't kill you, but it sure makes the next day suck. You learn to avoid this buy buying booze at reputable places, never ordering mixed drinks at a skeezy bar, and avoiding the popular name brands (jack and Johnny are the most commonly faked.)