Sign in to follow this  
Meglamaniac

To all the GC Pops

Happy Father's Day

Hope you get to enjoy the day/weekend with family.

If you can, let your Pops know you love him.

I'm fortunate enough to still have my Pops around so will be traveling there to see him

After retiring he has started playing golf regularly, at least twice a week, so we have decided to make this a Golf themed Father's Day

We are getting him

An annual Club membership

A Garmin Golf Swing Sensor

A Garmin Golf GPS watch

and a new I-pad so he can download, analyze and store his golf swing and course info.

Sat. night it will be Smoked Prime Rib dinner, we should have around 15 there including the great grand kids.

After that drinks on the back deck and Smores for the grand and great grand kids

Sunday will be less formal with burgers/hot dogs/beans/mac and cheese while we enjoy the day and watch Pop play with his new toys.

Enjoy

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

Happy Father's Day

Hope you get to enjoy the day/weekend with family.

If you can, let your Pops know you love him.

I'm fortunate enough to still have my Pops around so will be traveling there to see him

After retiring he has started playing golf regularly, at least twice a week, so we have decided to make this a Golf themed Father's Day

We are getting him

An annual Club membership

A Garmin Golf Swing Sensor

A Garmin Golf GPS watch

and a new I-pad so he can download, analyze and store his golf swing and course info.

Sat. night it will be Smoked Prime Rib dinner, we should have around 15 there including the great grand kids.

After that drinks on the back deck and Smores for the grand and great grand kids

Sunday will be less formal with burgers/hot dogs/beans/mac and cheese while we enjoy the day and watch Pop play with his new toys.

Enjoy

Sounds like a great weekend Megla!  I've always trolled my family in a fun way about the importance of Father's Day... weekend... week... month.   If you ask my wife and kids what the two most important days of the year are, they would say "Father's Day and Dad's birthday" with a big :rolleyes:  

:D

That being said, two of my 3 kids are out of town working for the summer, and my father passed decades ago.  The 3rd kid is in HS and a waitress at Denny's; I'm sure she will be working both days this weekend.  It'll be mostly the wife and me.  She is planning ribs tonight, and I asked for filet/lobster on Sunday.  Maybe sushi Saturday, no plans yet.  Basically I plan to use some stuff you sent me recently and make a weekend out of it.  So far so good with the blue chips, going for the yellow this weekend.  :cheers:

Just another day...  I tell the family that I do not want anything (mainly because if I need something I get it, I don't wait for "Father''s Day") or anything special done...

It is always a great day...

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Sounds like a great weekend Megla!  I've always trolled my family in a fun way about the importance of Father's Day... weekend... week... month.   If you ask my wife and kids what the two most important days of the year are, they would say "Father's Day and Dad's birthday" with a big :rolleyes:  

:D

That being said, two of my 3 kids are out of town working for the summer, and my father passed decades ago.  The 3rd kid is in HS and a waitress at Denny's; I'm sure she will be working both days this weekend.  It'll be mostly the wife and me.  She is planning ribs tonight, and I asked for filet/lobster on Sunday.  Maybe sushi Saturday, no plans yet.  Basically I plan to use some stuff you sent me recently and make a weekend out of it.  So far so good with the blue chips, going for the yellow this weekend.  :cheers:

They are good for a more sustained effect over a couple of days so have fun

Sounds like a great time Megla.  My dad is gone but I look forward to spending the day with my daughter.  Happy Fathers Day, fellas.

Heading to my sisters house Saturday for Father’s Day get together with my family. Everyone’s cooking and bringing food. Also gonna swim at the pool. Gonna be a good day. Hope all you dads in the GC have a great Father’s Day weekend :cheers:

I just bought myself a Bonafide SS107 fishing kayak and all the trimmings, so I told my wife and kids not to get me anything. Maybe I'll fire up the smoker and grill if we get decent weather.

Happy Fathers Day to y'all.

• Thanks 1

My pops died in 94'  I was 26.  :(

Saturday I'm coaching my youngest son's all star baseball game then doing yard work.  Sunday, I'll smoke a brisket and hang out in the back yard.  My dad and his wife are coming in from Scottsdale next week to visit and watch my son play ball.  We're taking them to Gibson's in Chicago for dinner next Friday.  

4 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

RIP NorthernVike's Dad...

• Like 1

Never had kids but the mrs (36C) and I have always had pets,so each year we get each other something from the cats and dogs.

At 56 I'm fortunate enough to still have my pops so I called him yesterday and told him instead of sitting for a couple of hours at a restaurant I'd like to come to his house and cook for him.Gave him the choice of two of his favs,my homemade spaghetti or marinated steaks,he chose the steaks.

Happy Father's Day to all you pops!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

That really sucks. ☹️

That he was 26 in 94'?  No doubt.  What an old fart.

44 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

My pops died in '85.  I was 18 and it was 10 days after my HS graduation. Yay look at meeeee FTW$#@!  :(

44 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Saturday I'm coaching my youngest son's all star baseball game then doing yard work.  Sunday, I'll smoke a brisket and hang out in the back yard.  My dad and his wife are coming in from Scottsdale next week to visit and watch my son play ball.  We're taking them to Gibson's in Chicago for dinner next Friday.  

If you ever make it out to Scottsdale to visit them and have the time/interest to meet, shoot me a PM.  Also I think you would enjoy the Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) on such a trip.  :cheers:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

My pops died in '85.  I was 18 and it was 10 days after my HS graduation. Yay look at meeeee FTW$#@!  :(

If you ever make it out to Scottsdale to visit them and have the time/interest to meet, shoot me a PM.  Also I think you would enjoy the Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) on such a trip.  :cheers:

Will do.  We were out there 3 years ago for Spring break.  Haven't been back since.  My dad's wife is sorta hard to take for very long, so that trip worked out well.  She was only there for one day before she left for the east coast.  

I'm glad my dad is coming to visit here, but I wish she wasn't gonna be with him.  

2 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I'm glad my dad is coming to visit here, but I wish she wasn't gonna be with him.  

Just find some Father/Son things to do so you can get way from her

12 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Then you have people in their 60's that still have both their parents and they are ass holes to them.  It pissses me off to no end. 

Big FD cookout at my in laws Sunday and they have kids to keep my kid busy. I can sit back, get drunk and relax.

1 minute ago, NorthernVike said:

Then you have people in their 60's that still have both their parents and they are ass holes to them.  It pissses me off to no end. 

My wife's oldest sister took their father(84) in after he finally sold the family home.  All of the siblings(5) thought is was a good thing, 9 months later the entirety of the money he got from the sale 300K + was gone and so was her ability to take care of him.

State wont give him living assistance due to the money from the sale so the 4 other families now send $500 a month to pay for his assisted living and ancillaries.

Its just sad how some people treat their parents

Mother's Day became a U.S. holiday in 1914.

Father's Day became a U.S. holiday in 1972.

19 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

Just find some Father/Son things to do so you can get way from her

That would mean I'd have to dump her on my wife.  My wife is already gonna have to deal with them while I'm coaching.  She'll probably strangle me if we go very deep in the tournament.  

19 minutes ago, edjr said:

Big FD cookout at my in laws Sunday and they have kids to keep my kid busy. I can sit back, get drunk and relax.

Gonna Uber home?

Just now, vuduchile said:

Gonna Uber home?

your mom is picking me up

2 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

That would mean I'd have to dump her on my wife.  My wife is already gonna have to deal with them while I'm coaching.  She'll probably strangle me if we go very deep in the tournament.  

LOL

Here's hoping for a 2 and Q tourney

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

your mom is picking me up

what a coincidence.  your mom is licking me up. right now

I think that my sister and I are taking my father out of eat on Sunday.  Hard part is that Sunday is also my wife's 50th birthday, so she will be taking over the entire weekend with stuff that she wants to do.

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I think that my sister and I are taking my father out of eat on Sunday.  Hard part is that Sunday is also my wife's 50th birthday, so she will be taking over the entire weekend with stuff that she wants to do.

LOL, I know your pain

Saturday is Mother in Laws Bday

Sunday Fathers Day

Tuesday My Wedding Anniversary

Luckily the woman were on board with what we wanted to do for the weekeknd

6 minutes ago, Meglamaniac said:

LOL, I know your pain

Saturday is Mother in Laws Bday

Sunday Fathers Day

Tuesday My Wedding Anniversary

Luckily the woman were on board with what we wanted to do for the weekeknd

I only have to get through the weekend.  On Monday, we trade her in for two 25-year olds.  I told my kids that they are getting new mommies.  :banana:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I only have to get through the weekend.  On Monday, we trade her in for two 25-year olds.  I told my kids that they are getting new mommies.  :banana:

LOL

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Have you picked them out yet?

9 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Have you picked them out yet?

Are you crazy?  I am a married man. I don't look at other wimmens!!!  :mad:

how do you know she doesn't follow me here?

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Are you crazy?  I am a married man. I don't look at other wimmens!!!  :mad:

how do you know she doesn't follow me here?

Oh come on.  It's called window shopping!!!

21 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

There are some hot Czech pron chicks who might serve nicely, but you didn't hear it from me, just helping a brutha out.  :cheers:

I have only seen my dad once since I was 3. My dad gave me one piece of advice, ever, on that day. He told me, Patrick, don't take steroids because that shlt will shrink your peepee. 

On 6/14/2019 at 12:16 PM, vuduchile said:

Will do.  We were out there 3 years ago for Spring break.  Haven't been back since.  My dad's wife is sorta hard to take for very long, so that trip worked out well.  She was only there for one day before she left for the east coast.  

Well, My dad and his wife did visit.  I was hoping to get through the weekend without her doing something kunty, but it was not to be.

For some reason, she has a need to constantly compare our family to her Nephew's family in Brooklyn.  

During dinner the first night, I was told for the 50th time about the high end french-based elementary school grand niece 1 is attending. She then said something about grand niece 2 and how she was held back a year from starting kindergarten.  She asked, didn't you also do that with your youngest?  I told her we'd contemplated it since his birthday is one day from the cut off but decided to let him start and he's done well in all respects.  Her response was "Well you live in Podunkaville MI, and they live in Brooklyn.  They just didn't want her to be left behind socially since their crowd is so she she and wealthy.  

When she came to our house for dinner, she said a couple things about it being nice, asked when it was built (1900), then launched into a complete rundown of how the Brooklyn family bought and renovated a 1930's era condo from top to bottom.  How much they paid, how much they put into it, what the value is now.  On and on.  Again, we've heard this rundown at least 50 times since she first told us.  

Throughout the weekend, she was constantly finishing my dad's sentences.  He's getting up there, so his speech is more moderated and he takes more time finding the right words than he used to.  This doesn't bother me or my wife, but apparently she doesn't have the patience for it, so she spoon feeds him the words he's looking for.  

I managed to avoid her as much as possible via working, walking the dog (my dad went with us), and coaching 4 little league games.  

Then at dinner last night, I asked my dad a simple question about Luxembourg and she went off about their travels all over Europe.  They lived in Brussels for a few years, so they saw a lot.  

At the end of the night, my sons asked if they could go swimming at the pool in their hotel. They had asked my dad earlier in the day and he said sure.   When we got to the hotel she decided she had to check with the front desk, then come out and make a big show about how she got them to make and exception for them since they weren't technically guests of the hotel.  My wife was ready to punch her. 

Our kids are 9 and 11.  What kid that age doesn't like to swim?   They don't need her supervision, the approval of the front desk, or her blessings.  Just give me your focking spare key and I'll take them while you pack, take a sh!t, or check in with your wealth management advisor . 

Seriously, how does anyone not know how to work this out?    She unlocked the door to the pool, there was literally nobody in there so I thought she might just go on her merry way.  But after 15 minutes, it became apparent that she wasn't going to leave the pool area.   I finally just told my kids to get out and we left.  What a focking b!tch.  I would be extremely happy if never have to see or talk to her again.