• Undercover Angel- Alan O'Day
    • Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song- BJ Thomas
    • Love Will Keep Us Together- Captain and Tenille
    • Sunshine (Go Away Today)- Jonathan Edwards
    • Dancing in the Moonlight- King's Harvest
    • Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)- Looking Glass
    • Rose Garden- Lynn Anderson
    • Mr Bojangles- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

So my wife played that Brandy song for me last night. Sounds a bit familiar. 

As I heard some of the lyrics about her working near ships or whatever, I said to my wife "Oh, it's a song about a dockside wh0re!".  She was not amused. 

(we can't even say wh0re now?) 

When I worked at K-mart in my teens they used to play "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding all the time. Great song but not 836 times a day great. If public shootings were as popular back then as they are now I might have partaken :wall:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Observer said:

great song

I've been driving my wife and kids crazy singing it for the past 3 days.  We were watching a movie on the couch and my wife told me to come closer, so I immediately started singing it.  The lyrics just rolled off my tongue effortlessly.  How the hell do I remember that sh!t when I haven't listened to this song in at least 20 years?  Maybe more.  

50 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

My favorite of theirs was always

• Like 1

Time to bring out the big guns.  Posting this can probably be classified as a hate crime. 

18 minutes ago, nzoner said:

My favorite of theirs was always

Tuesday Trivia: I've probably shared this before sometime in my 15 years here, but Jim Seals from Seals and Croft is brothers with Dan Seals, from England Dan and John Ford Coley (I'd Really Love To See You Tonight, Nights Are Forever, Love Is the Answer).

Kind of strange that they were brothers and members of two of the most successful male duos of the 70's and never recorded together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

Tuesday Trivia: I've probably shared this before sometime in my 15 years here, but Jim Seals from Seals and Croft is brothers with Dan Seals, from England Dan and John Ford Coley (I'd Really Love To See You Tonight, Nights Are Forever, Love Is the Answer).

Kind of strange that they were brothers and members of two of the most successful male duos of the 70's and never recorded together.

From wiki:

"In the early 2000s, Dan embarked on various tours with his brother Jim (of Seals and Crofts fame), billing themselves as Seals & Seals, and performing their successful hits from Seals & Crofts and England Dan & John Ford Coley, Dan's hits from his solo career, and a few original songs written between the two brothers...The status of the original recordings is unknown."

Edited by kutulu
X

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Time to bring out the big guns.  Posting this can probably be classified as a hate crime. 

Muskrat Sally. Muskrat Sue. There ain't no difference between the two. Cocaine. Running all 'round my brain. 

Wait. Wrong song. 

There are a lot of good choices on the list.  My favorite is Summer Breeze.  

15 hours ago, dain11279 said:

When I worked at K-mart in my teens they used to play "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding all the time. Great song but not 836 times a day great. If public shootings were as popular back then as they are now I might have partaken :wall:

I worked in the mall during the summer of 98. Between "My heart will go on" by Celine dion and "truly madly deeply" by savage garden, I was ready to kill something. 

Always my favorite by them (live no video)