Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

I caught a master angler pike today.

https://ibb.co/kgVbmm8

This is my master angler. Priscilla the Pike. That top mark on my fishing rod is 40 inches. Scratch #2 off my list. One more to go. A 14 inch crappie to complete my grandslam for the year. 

Thanks guys. I was actually not sure if I was going to get a master angler out of this lake. 36 was my previous best 2 months ago.  

Always nice when you land a monster like that. Here’s the question I wanna ask though. What would you rather have? A day where you land a monster fish or a day where you’re catching a ton of fish? 

Check out Richard Gene the fishing machine for tips on crappie. Probably the best freshwater fishermen I've seen on the YouTube. 

He likes fishing with one pound test line "cuz it's fun"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

https://ibb.co/kgVbmm8

This is my master angler. Priscilla the Pike. That top mark on my fishing rod is 40 inches. Scratch #2 off my list. One more to go. A 14 inch crappie to complete my grandslam for the year. 

WOW That is a massive fish.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Always nice when you land a monster like that. Here’s the question I wanna ask though. What would you rather have? A day where you land a monster fish or a day where you’re catching a ton of fish? 

Funny you ask. I caught 3 fish yesterday in 2 hours. A 15 inch pike a 18 inch bass and the 40 inch pike. I actually said to myself yesterday "I'll take a day like that anytime"

7 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Awesome!  What lake, and do you get to keep it?

Goose lake in lower Michigan. I CAN keep anything I want. 

However A. I have not killed a fish since I was 19 or 20. I killed and ate a catfish that was in the high 30s. Like 36 or 38 lbs and I regretted it.  Still regret it. And I am a true conservationist when it comes to fishing. I practice CPR. Catch photograph release and I'm very strict about it. If I had fun catching it. So should someone else. 

B. It takes a northern pike 20 years to get that big. This lake had a massive die off of Pike 20 years ago because of a draught. They are really sensitive to heat changes. While their population has definitely rebounded as this was pike 21 and 22 for the year (I got a 15 inch hammer handle too) not a lot of them are really big. 36 is the biggest before this. 

• Thanks 1