Sign in to follow this  
BiPolarBear

Deer Rifle Attack on Dallas Federal Building

An ad blocker has been identified 

We know, you visit our site for the content and not the ads, but ads keep us running and delivering the most in-depth North Texas news coverage. To continue reading, please whitelist us or you can support local journalism by subscribing with one of the options below.

------------------------

Nope, not going to happen...  

What a loser. Armed to the hilt and taken out easily. Good thing he's not protecting us. He sucked.

45 minutes ago, posty said:

An ad blocker has been identified 

We know, you visit our site for the content and not the ads, but ads keep us running and delivering the most in-depth North Texas news coverage. To continue reading, please whitelist us or you can support local journalism by subscribing with one of the options below.

------------------------

Nope, not going to happen...  

That did not happen to me posty. I never go for that shiot either. Sorry it happened to you. I think some sites count how many times you go to them a month, and cut you off at a certain number.  :dunno:

11 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

That did not happen to me posty. I never go for that shiot either. Sorry it happened to you. I think some sites count how many times you go to them a month, and cut you off at a certain number.  :dunno:

That is possible...  It sucks that incognito doesn't work either...

Oh well...

Do you think the assault rifle stopped for a burger and thought about the attack on the way ?

• Haha 1

Dude was into guns, Nazis, hated minorities gays and women, didn’t like liberals, and enjoyed medieval war re-enactments, parting his hair down the middle and the Marvel cinematic universe, probably.

Which Geek has been missing today?

1 hour ago, posty said:

That is possible...  It sucks that incognito doesn't work either...

Oh well...

I tried an ad block, and it did not work for me either. 😑

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

Do you think the assault rifle stopped for a burger and thought about the attack on the way ?

I bought 2 this weekend. They haven't murdered anyone yet. Just sitting there with the rest of my guns. It's weird. 

25 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

I bought 2 this weekend. They haven't murdered anyone yet. Just sitting there with the rest of my guns. It's weird. 

Well keep an eye on them.  You never know when they're gonna hop up, grab a bite and go on a rampage. 

So he posted some sh1t about doing something soon, last week on facebook. Would be nice if those idiots actually monitored stuff like this instead and reported it to authorities.

According to the article he couldn't get laid :dunno:

Clyde posted frequently on Facebook, sharing political memes that made light of — among other things — incest and the Chernobyl nuclear accident. Several memes included Confederate flag imagery. 

One meme he shared referred to a “Chad rampage” vs. a “virgin shooting” — the Chad vs. virgin trope is a common “incel” meme, which is short for “involuntary celibate.” The meme contrasted how two men — a "Chad" and a "virgin" — would go about carrying out a shooting. 

In the memes, "Chads" are strong men who can attract women, unlike weaker "virgins."

The term “incels” usually refers to an online community of men who blame women for not having sex with them. In some cases, the internet subculture makes its way offline, such as when a man killed 10 people after he drove into a crowd in Toronto last year and pledged allegiance to the “incel rebellion.

3 hours ago, MDC said:

Dude was into guns, Nazis, hated minorities gays and women, didn’t like liberals, and enjoyed medieval war re-enactments, parting his hair down the middle and the Marvel cinematic universe, probably.

Which Geek has been missing today?

Nice try, but...nope on the troll attempt  :cheers:

4 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Burgers?

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Burgers?

Yes .223 cal  with 16.1 inch barrel burgers. 30 round fry capacity 

I figured Brian Clyde to be using a .223 assault rifle, but I was wrong. According to multiple sources, he was a 7.62 Nato guy. Since the 7.62 is almost identical to a .308 cartridge, and a .308 is a hugely popular deer gun, I am reclassifying Brian's gun as a deer rifle. 

24 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

I figured Brian Clyde to be using a .223 assault rifle, but I was wrong. According to multiple sources, he was a 7.62 Nato guy. Since the 7.62 is almost identical to a .308 cartridge, and a .308 is a hugely popular deer gun, I am reclassifying Brian's gun as a deer rifle. 

There are many 7.62 assault rifles, including the most popular one in the world, the AK.  It was definitely an assault style rifle in the picture.  Looks to be maybe an AR10 or some variant.   

11 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Clyde posted frequently on Facebook, sharing political memes that made light of — among other things — incest and the Chernobyl nuclear accident. Several memes included Confederate flag imagery. 

One meme he shared referred to a “Chad rampage” vs. a “virgin shooting” — the Chad vs. virgin trope is a common “incel” meme, which is short for “involuntary celibate.” The meme contrasted how two men — a "Chad" and a "virgin" — would go about carrying out a shooting. 

In the memes, "Chads" are strong men who can attract women, unlike weaker "virgins."

The term “incels” usually refers to an online community of men who blame women for not having sex with them. In some cases, the internet subculture makes its way offline, such as when a man killed 10 people after he drove into a crowd in Toronto last year and pledged allegiance to the “incel rebellion.

Here's hoping nobody from here snaps. Media will have a field day reporting about all the racist/sexist/homophobic/weird-ass sh1t that goes on in here! 

2 hours ago, parrot said:

There are many 7.62 assault rifles, including the most popular one in the world, the AK.  It was definitely an assault style rifle in the picture.  Looks to be maybe an AR10 or some variant.   

I know you are correct, sir. I saw an HK .308 shot up in the mountains, and shot a Chinese 7.62 myself. I was impressed with the Chinese gun. I forget the model, but it was the same gun another Dallas shooter put down around five police officers with a few years back. 

Sux pointed out that the article never called the gun and an assault rifle, so not wanting to stir the "ban assault rifles pot", the shooter's gun has been reclassified as a deer gun, until an outside source confirms the gun was, in truth, an assault rifle. 

I'm just trying to get along. :cheers:

2 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

I know you are correct, sir. I saw an HK .308 shot up in the mountains, and shot a Chinese 7.62 myself. I was impressed with the Chinese gun. I forget the model, but it was the same gun another Dallas shooter put down around five police officers with a few years back. 

Sux pointed out that the article never called the gun and an assault rifle, so not wanting to stir the "ban assault rifles pot, the shooter's gun has been reclassified as a deer gun, until an outside source confirms the gun was, in truth, an assault rifle. 

I'm just trying to get along. :cheers:

Okay, but the gun in the picture is clearly an assault style rifle, so I would stick to my guns if I were you.  (See what I did there?  :lol:)

https://www.armytimes.com/resizer/iD2BDbiqXyDMDlc74i5RYsH6S6k=/1200x0/filters:quality(100)/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-mco.s3.amazonaws.com/public/6DQPZY4ILVAZHNWNB6CFDGSVNM.jpg

15 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Sweet. What kind did you get? You fired them yet? 

1 minute ago, parrot said:

Okay, but the gun in the picture is clearly an assault style rifle, so I would stick to my guns if I were you.  (See what I did there?  :lol:)

https://www.armytimes.com/resizer/iD2BDbiqXyDMDlc74i5RYsH6S6k=/1200x0/filters:quality(100)/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-mco.s3.amazonaws.com/public/6DQPZY4ILVAZHNWNB6CFDGSVNM.jpg

😆 Deer rifle, deer rifle!! 

Also I looked up the Chinese gun I shot. It was an SKS. It pointed extremely well, imo.

...and the other ex-military shooter was in 2016. The gun he used was misidentified as an SKS in early reports.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/dallas-police-ambush/dallas-gunman-micah-johnson-used-saiga-ak-74-assault-style-n608311

15 hours ago, lod001 said:

So he posted some sh1t about doing something soon, last week on facebook. Would be nice if those idiots actually monitored stuff like this instead and reported it to authorities.

first world problems.

15 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Doesn't make sense. If I couldn't get laid and was that angry, I rape me some b1tched AND THEN try to kill people

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

An assault rifle is a selective-fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable ... Semi-automatic-only rifles like the Colt AR-15 are not assault rifles;

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SUXBNME said:

An assault rifle is a selective-fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable ... Semi-automatic-only rifles like the Colt AR-15 are not assault rifles;

Un-bunch those panties. 

Here are some related new stories with the words "assault rifle" in them. :dunno: 

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/shooting-reported-at-dallas-federal-building

https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburner/2019/06/shooter-in-custody-outside-federal-courthouse-so-avoid-the-area/

https://www.newsandguts.com/video/gunman-opens-fire-outside-the-dallas-courthouse/

8 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Sweet. What kind did you get? You fired them yet? 

Ruger 8500's. They were on sale CHEAP for a complete rifle with BUIS.  I will be taking them up with me on my next camping trip next month. 

6 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

Link #1   - Tim says it appeared the shooter was trying to get into the south entrance of the federal building. A mask covered the gunman’s face while his hands gripped a high-powered assault rifle. He had five magazines of ammo strapped to his hip.

So..Someone who saw the shooting called it an Assault rifle. 

Link #2 - Dallas police have a suspect in custody who apparently opened fire Monday morning with an assault rifle outside the Earle Cabell Federal Courthouse.

So a reporter who doesn't know what an assault rifle is, called it an assault rifle. Nice scary werd, right? 

Link #3-  A man in a mask, combat gear and glasses was shot and killed Monday morning in downtown Dallas after he opened fire with an assault rifle outside the Earle Cabell Federal Building. No one else was injured. FBI Special Agent in Charge Matthew DeSarno identified the shooter as Brian Isaack Clyde, 22.

Once again, another reporter calling it an assault rifle. 

I know that you, Shore and Parrot know your guns. (prolly more than I do) If it turns out that the fuckstick had one, I'll be the first to apologize, but this is one of my pet peeves. People calling something completely incorrect just cause it's easy to do. 

:cheers:

8 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Link #1   - Tim says it appeared the shooter was trying to get into the south entrance of the federal building. A mask covered the gunman’s face while his hands gripped a high-powered assault rifle. He had five magazines of ammo strapped to his hip.

So..Someone who saw the shooting called it an Assault rifle. 

Link #2 - Dallas police have a suspect in custody who apparently opened fire Monday morning with an assault rifle outside the Earle Cabell Federal Courthouse.

So a reporter who doesn't know what an assault rifle is, called it an assault rifle. Nice scary werd, right? 

Link #3-  A man in a mask, combat gear and glasses was shot and killed Monday morning in downtown Dallas after he opened fire with an assault rifle outside the Earle Cabell Federal Building. No one else was injured. FBI Special Agent in Charge Matthew DeSarno identified the shooter as Brian Isaack Clyde, 22.

Once again, another reporter calling it an assault rifle. 

I know that you, Shore and Parrot know your guns. (prolly more than I do) If it turns out that the fuckstick had one, I'll be the first to apologize, but this is one of my pet peeves. People calling something completely incorrect just cause it's easy to do. 

What is amazing is your level of paranoia. I do not want your assault rifle. I am not trying to take them away from America. Who, in your opinion is qualified to utter the words "assault rifle"?

I believe the shooter put his weapon together from parts. The exact specs, and weather it can operate in anything other that semi-auto may never be know. I will leave the "Deer Rifle" title on the thread, just for you, unless a breakdown of the operating capabilities of the weapon are revealed. 

1 hour ago, BiPolarBear said:

What is amazing is your level of paranoia. I do not want your assault rifle. I am not trying to take them away from America. Who, in your opinion is qualified to utter the words "assault rifle"?

I don't own any guns