MDC

*** Official *** NBA 2019 / 2020 thread

Anthony Davis to the Lakers for Hart, Ingram, Lonzo, #4 overall and three future firsts. 

My first thought was that’s a crazy package to give up for AD. Then the most I thought about it, I don’t really like any of the Lakers young players. The #4 is fine but all three future 1sts are likely to be in the 20s.

Pelicans should be a lot of fun to watch with Zion and Jrue. I can’t blame NO for getting what they could for Davis. If I were them I’d have rather tried to pry something like Tatum, Brown and a pick out of Bahston.

The new season is officially here! :banana:

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Anthony Davis to the Lakers for Hart, Ingram, Lonzo, #4 overall and three future firsts. 

I thought the fourth pick this year was part of the three firsts...

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, posty said:

I thought the fourth pick this year was part of the three firsts...

You are correct sir my bad.

I guess at the moment the Lakers are in a holding pattern waiting for the trade to be completed so they can officially have enough cap space to sign Irving.  Then its Lebron / Davis / Irving in Staples next year.  Although Irving just bought a home in Jersey so he's probably not going to the Lakers. Anthony Davis bought a home in Los Angeles last year which signalled the move but I don't see anyone else buying a home lately in LA.

14 hours ago, MDC said:

My first thought was that’s a crazy package to give up for AD. Then the most I thought about it, I don’t really like any of the Lakers young players. The #4 is fine but all three future 1sts are likely to be in the 20s.

Pelicans should be a lot of fun to watch with Zion and Jrue. I can’t blame NO for getting what they could for Davis. If I were them I’d have rather tried to pry something like Tatum, Brown and a pick out of Bahston.

The new season is officially here! :banana:

That was my thought process too.   If you are the Lakers you have to make that trade in the end.   I just wish they could have held on to that number 4 pick this year.......there are a couple players at 4 who would fit in perfectly for them and been on rookie deals.

3 hours ago, riversco said:

I guess at the moment the Lakers are in a holding pattern waiting for the trade to be completed so they can officially have enough cap space to sign Irving.  Then its Lebron / Davis / Irving in Staples next year.  Although Irving just bought a home in Jersey so he's probably not going to the Lakers. Anthony Davis bought a home in Los Angeles last year which signalled the move but I don't see anyone else buying a home lately in LA.

The problem is Iriving or Kemba would have to take a significant pay cut below the max to go to LAL.  Irving may do that as he's already made his money.

After that they need to convince role players to take veteran minimum deals to come.   Patrick Beverly comes to mind.

Pretty interesting, Lakers sacrificed the future for this next 2 years.  I still believe it's wide open next year, the Lakers won't have much money to play with.  Not sure they could possible sign Kemba or Kyrie on 22 million next year and fill out a roster.  We shall see, I know the cap can be massaged greatly.

Excited for the Pelicans, they have potentially set themselves up for the next decade, good for them, made the very most of a tough situation.  They just have to draft well, the 76'ers have showed us it's not that easy, more miss then hit.

Feel for Klay, dude has exemplified exactly what you want from a player and teammate, I'm sure the Warriors will do the right thing and max him.  Will also be interesting to see how the KD situation plays out (obviously), will probably never be the same player.  Will still get maxed by somebody though.

Kawhi is the balance of power, it moves with him.  The off-season will be awesome.

19 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

That was my thought process too.   If you are the Lakers you have to make that trade in the end.   I just wish they could have held on to that number 4 pick this year.......there are a couple players at 4 who would fit in perfectly for them and been on rookie deals.

There’s no way the Pelicans do that deal without getting the #4. 

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

Agreed, that was the most valuable asset in the trade.

8 minutes ago, Reality said:

Agreed, that was the most valuable asset in the trade.

Yep. Lakes fans seem to think Lonzo and Ingram are worth something. But Lonzo may be the worst shooter in the league and Ingram is built like a scarecrow. They’re fine role players but that’s it. I expect at least one to get dealt again.

39 minutes ago, MDC said:

I agree, but to be fair, The Pelicans didn't have but sooooo much leverage either.  AD was walking after one year.

Just now, KSB2424 said:

I agree, but to be fair, The Pelicans didn't have but sooooo much leverage either.  AB was walking after one year.

They did better than I thought they would, considering. The Lakers are a retarded organization. 

33 minutes ago, MDC said:

Yep. Lakes fans seem to think Lonzo and Ingram are worth something. But Lonzo may be the worst shooter in the league

Ben Simmons says hello

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Ben Simmons says hello

Lonzo Ball has shot 38% from the field and 43% on FT in his career. That’s right - 43%.

He makes Ben Simmons look like Ray Allen.

Both losers?  Lebron still doesn't have enough supporting cast (although GS is finished).   NO will not be able to keep any of the players once their deals are up.  NO does come out ahead, Davis wanted out and they got a ton for him.  

Lakers not having to give up Kyle Kuzma in that trade is huge for them. They should sign Jimmy Butler to complete their new big three. Get you a veteran point guard that can shoot and defend at a decent level. Forget about Kyrie. Guy's never happy anywhere. 

20 minutes ago, Vince44 said:

Lakers not having to give up Kyle Kuzma in that trade is huge for them. They should sign Jimmy Butler to complete their new big three. Get you a veteran point guard that can shoot and defend at a decent level. Forget about Kyrie. Guy's never happy anywhere. 

They’re not allowed to have him. :nono:

9 hours ago, Reality said:

Pretty interesting, Lakers sacrificed the future for this next 2 years.  I still believe it's wide open next year, the Lakers won't have much money to play with.  Not sure they could possible sign Kemba or Kyrie on 22 million next year and fill out a roster.  We shall see, I know the cap can be massaged greatly.

Excited for the Pelicans, they have potentially set themselves up for the next decade, good for them, made the very most of a tough situation.  They just have to draft well, the 76'ers have showed us it's not that easy, more miss then hit.

Feel for Klay, dude has exemplified exactly what you want from a player and teammate, I'm sure the Warriors will do the right thing and max him.  Will also be interesting to see how the KD situation plays out (obviously), will probably never be the same player.  Will still get maxed by somebody though.

Kawhi is the balance of power, it moves with him.  The off-season will be awesome.

moving Lonzo and the circus was addition by subtraction, IMO. The rest of what they gave up was more than fair for Anthony Davis. As far as sacrificing the future for the next two years, what's to say they can't build around AD once Lebron is done? 

doubtful they can bring in a Kemba or Kyrie or if those guys even want to. I think they can fill out the roster pretty well if they go after players willing to take less for a title who can still contribute. Brook Lopez comes to mind. Played very well for Milwaukee this year and I think he wants to go back to Brooklyn or LA. 

I think the Knicks should still be all in on KD. They trade KP and cleared the space for 2 max guys with KD being the be all, end all. I think at this point they would be much better off maxing KD and lets say.... Kemba, drafting Barrett (who I think might be potentially the best pro of those top 3) and simply tossing this year away as experience for the young guys with Kemba running the show and the team and fan base simply knows its all about 2020-2021 season..... better than signing Jimmy Butler, Middelton and whoever else. Would just be a repeat of the Amare years.

11 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Both losers?

Considering Davis was leaving next year,  absolutely not.  

Coby White is a boss.  Whoever drafts this guy is going to land a STUD.  I needed to put this down for future reference.  

Romeo to the Celtics, good landing spot for him. 

Cam Johnson to the Suns...

:lol:

That's why you're the Suns.

49 minutes ago, Reality said:

Celtics are only drafting guys who are 6’7”

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Sarver has made the suns irrelevant. It sickens me after having Jerry do such a great job for decades

Yeah baby yeah, AD and bron! We are finally legit again. Longest Laker drought in my lifetime is finally over. God its great being a Lakers fan.👍

On 6/18/2019 at 5:15 PM, WhiteWonder said:

I think the Knicks should still be all in on KD. They trade KP and cleared the space for 2 max guys with KD being the be all, end all. I think at this point they would be much better off maxing KD and lets say.... Kemba, drafting Barrett (who I think might be potentially the best pro of those top 3) and simply tossing this year away as experience for the young guys with Kemba running the show and the team and fan base simply knows its all about 2020-2021 season..... better than signing Jimmy Butler, Middelton and whoever else. Would just be a repeat of the Amare years.

I've been hearing that alot, but I disagree.  Achilles injuries take a long time to come back from.  He'll be 32 by the time he gets back on the court for the first time.  He might need that whole year to be completely right.  That means he's 34 by the time you get him really right.  Potential Chris Paul situation here.

Sixers had a poor draft. 

I love Matisse Thybulle and think he’s instantly a guy who will give Philly 12-15 minutes nightly and play some tenacious defense. I don’t even mind trading a 2nd to move up and get him.

I really hate putting on 34 overall when there were several potentially capable players on the ball. Especially for a team that needs to fill out its bench on the cheap.

I hope they sign Jontay Porter now because why the f not.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

I've been hearing that alot, but I disagree.  Achilles injuries take a long time to come back from.  He'll be 32 by the time he gets back on the court for the first time.  He might need that whole year to be completely right.  That means he's 34 by the time you get him really right.  Potential Chris Paul situation here.

I'm not saying it's sure fire by any means, I'm just saying the knicks would be better off taking that gamble than spending the money on players who are not truly max guys 

KD and Kyrie, big whoop 

- wake me up in 2 years when KD actually plays ..

15 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

KD and Kyrie to the Nets.

Wow.  Durant basically signed a 3 year, 164 million dollar deal.

people still watch basketball? 

2 hours ago, fandandy said:

Wow.  Durant basically signed a 3 year, 164 million dollar deal.

164 for two and a half years since you know they're going bring him back super slow and rest him 30 games the year he come back in 2020.

2 hours ago, tanatastic said:

KD and Kyrie to the Nets.

Yeah, been follow a little.  I think win or lose, it hurts his legacy. At some point NJ loses it's patience and expects a championship which is likely more than they can deliver over there.