MDC

*** Official *** NBA 2019 / 2020 thread

3 hours ago, Cruzer said:

KD and Kyrie, big whoop 

- wake me up in 2 years when KD actually plays ..

Signing kyrie might get them in the lottery next year, so there's that. KD is a focking moron that will be forgotten in NJ. 

• Like 1

Suns signed Ricky Rubio to a 3 yr, $51M deal.  They desperately need a PG and were targeting Deangelo Russell but hey, I'll take it, especially if he can return to his form from two years ago. 

Sad day for the Hornets.  Kemba was my dude.  😢

My 10 year olds favorite player.  He is devastated.  

Mitch Kupchak can eat a d!ck

What's lost in all of the kawhi mania is that the team that doesn't get him, whether that be the Lakers, the Clippers, or both will be picking from a bare cupboard.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Suns signed Ricky Rubio to a 3 yr, $51M deal.  They desperately need a PG and were targeting Deangelo Russell but hey, I'll take it, especially if he can return to his form from two years ago. 

He's a needed stop gap that "should" be a good fit.  I have high hopes with the new coach. I miss caring about the Suns. 

15 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

He's a needed stop gap that "should" be a good fit.  I have high hopes with the new coach. I miss caring about the Suns. 

I heard today that we are a Josh Jackson away from having a "no head case" team.  We'll see.  Lots of changes.  I think Igor had a combo of language barrier and being more of an assistant than a head coach.  We'll be watching.  :cheers:

7 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Sad day for the Hornets.  Kemba was my dude.  😢

My 10 year olds favorite player.  He is devastated.  

Mitch Kupchak can eat a d!ck

He should become a celtics fan 

The Knicks just can’t help being the Knicks.  They cleared cap space for 2 max deals and they had the best chance of the #1 pick.

they get the number 3 pick, miss out on Irving, Durant, Anthony Davis, Kawhi (probably) and they have cap space with nobody to spend it on.  It’s just so knicks that I can’t stand it.

The KD and Kyrie thing is going to be a disaster.  KD will want out of Brooklyn before KD ever suits up.

D'Angelo Russell to the Warriors is a weird one, guess they figured they needed some firepower going into next year.   I like the kid but, not sure I'm convinced after one good year.  

Horford to the 76'ers is the head scratcher of the weekend for me, I don't get that one at all.

The Knicks..  :doh::lol:

I know it is the state of the NBA, but these contracts are out of control...

Kawhi Leonard signs with Clippers and Paul George traded to Clippers.

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

🕺Happy Clipper Day....Finally??? 40 years a Clippers fan

Congrats to you sir! :first:

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

🕺Happy Clipper Day....Finally??? 40 years a Clippers fan

Do they have anything to go with Kawhi and George?   I mean, Zubak doesn't count.  They mortgaged their future for these two guys.  If they can't win a championship they'll be back to their old pathetic selves. 

33 minutes ago, Strike said:

Do they have anything to go with Kawhi and George?   I mean, Zubak doesn't count.  They mortgaged their future for these two guys.  If they can't win a championship they'll be back to their old pathetic selves. 

Aren't you a Lakers fan? They did the exact same thing but, for one guy...

:doh:

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Lou Williams is one of the best scorers off the bench in the league

Beverly one of the best perimeter PG defenders in the league

Harrell is a great 4/5 swing man

Shamet is a great defender as well, and was a solid rookie

basically they are Toronto+George

they hardly mortgaged their future either 6 non lotto picks, and vets will be looking to come here as well

56 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Lou Williams is one of the best scorers off the bench in the league

Beverly one of the best perimeter PG defenders in the league

Harrell is a great 4/5 swing man

Shamet is a great defender as well, and was a solid rookie

basically they are Toronto+George

they hardly mortgaged their future either 6 non lotto picks, and vets will be looking to come here as well

The Clippers are going to be extremely good.

Instant favorites.

Remember when the Knicks traded away Kristaps Porzingis away in an effort to clear the cap space to acquire 2 max level free agents?

15 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Remember when the Knicks traded away Kristaps Porzingis away in an effort to clear the cap space to acquire 2 max level free agents?

There are plenty of free agents willing to take a Max contract, and the Knicks are just the organization to give it to them!

2 hours ago, Reality said:

The Clippers are going to be extremely good.

Instant favorites.

Profound

Thank God it wasn't Detroit.  Would have been a giant waste of money for us.  We need a complete rebuild.  I feel bad for Blake.

41 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

gotta say, nothing tops the NBA offseason as a whole this is insane

Houston is now 1B imo

1) Bucks

2) Clips

3) Houston

4) Jazz

5) GS

Fixed your post.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

gotta say, nothing tops the NBA offseason as a whole this is insane

Houston is now 1B imo

1) Clips

2) Houston

3) Jazz

4) GS

5) Lakers

Ive got the Bucks and Sixers in the Top 5. Hadn’t considered the Jazz that high. Are they really any beer yet than say Denver or Portland?

Pacers will be sneaky good in the East this year. GS is going to fall off a cliff and may not even be Top 5 anymore.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Houston..

😂😆😂😆😂😆

Those 2 are going to murder each other.

Oh fock yeah, sports radio and the west playoffs is gonna be glorious next season. There very  well could be a 54 win team in the west NOT make the playoffs. The east is laughable 

On 7/6/2019 at 9:18 PM, cbfalcon said:

They should hire Sam Hinkie and full on tank for 4-5 years.

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

Ive got the Bucks and Sixers in the Top 5. Hadn’t considered the Jazz that high. Are they really any beer yet than say Denver or Portland?

Pacers will be sneaky good in the East this year. GS is going to fall off a cliff and may not even be Top 5 anymore.

I dont pay attention to the East

Jazz are a really good team, probably the best "team" in the league as they aren't a super team, I kinda root for them

Two guys who hold the ball for 15 seconds every possession.  Probably not ideal.

6 hours ago, nobody said:

Two guys who hold the ball for 15 seconds every possession.  Probably not ideal.

... and neither moves without of the ball well and they both suck on defense.  :lol:

Houston’s bench is going to be pretty thin. They should be in on Monte Ellis, as he is trying to make a comeback and fits their scheme. In fact, I’d also look at JR Smith if he is bought out. Jamal Crawford could be made available. And while Carmelo didn’t work last season, he probably fits in a bit better considering what they are trying to do now offensively with the Westbrook/Harden mix.

I like the Piston's addition of Derrick Rose.  If he can stay healthy I think he can really help us.

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I like the Piston's addition of Derrick Rose.  If he can stay healthy I think he can really help us.

They’re going to be a really fun team with Zion, Ball and Jrue. 

Merit: whoops I am blind. :D 

• Confused 1

My Hornets may be the worst team in the league.  Love you Kemba.  :sadbanana:

LeBron is on the Lakers.  :puke:

I have nothing.  So depressing.