MDC

*** Official *** NBA 2019 / 2020 thread

10 hours ago, MDC said:

They’re going to be a really fun team with Zion, Ball and Jrue. 

Merit: whoops I am blind. :D 

Full disclosure, I didn't give you the confused face and I have no idea why I got one.  :angry:

I knew what you meant.

Starts tonight! :pointstosky: 

Shame that Zion is hurt. That Pelicans / Raptors game is looking not so interesting. Lakers / Clippers will be on way too late for me.

I thought the NBA season started April 7th, 2020. 

I honestly expected the post-Dirk era to be doom and gloom - least for a few years.

But wow, this Mavs team is already on the verge of being really good. Doncic, Porzingis, Hardaway Jr. - l'll be shocked if they don't squeeze into the postseason.

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

I honestly expected the post-Dirk era to be doom and gloom - least for a few years.

But wow, this Mavs team is already on the verge of being really good. Doncic, Porzingis, Hardaway Jr. - l'll be shocked if they don't squeeze into the postseason.

I'm excited to watch a lot of teams play this year, been a while since I could say that.

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Starts tonight! :pointstosky: 

Shame that Zion is hurt. That Pelicans / Raptors game is looking not so interesting. Lakers / Clippers will be on way too late for me.

Little worried about this one, knee injury already at his size (weight). Scary. Hopefully it's nothing serious and he stays on top of his weight during the rehab. I want this kid healthy, love his attitude and style of play.

Lakers -3.5 over the clippers tonight.  LeBron teams usually start slow, and the Clippers should be coming out looking to own the building and headlines.

Am glad ESPN is devoting all 15 stations to 24 hour coverage. Might have missed that opening night even happened.

If this first 5 minutes of the Blazers/Nuggets game is any indication of how they plan to call games this season, it'll be a long year for Jokic.  His whole game consists of that travel when he puts the ball down, pushing off to create space, and reaching and pushing on defense.  He picked up 3 fouls and a travel in 4 minutes!

Steph and Draymond without multiple other All-NBA Players (D'Angelo made the All Star team last year but I won't even count him)   are just an average team.  Poor fella's.   :lol:  

Lets deep dive on this.  Steph Curry is supposed to be a two time MVP - All World - HOF player.  He has two other  healthy All-Stars on his team ( Draymond and D'Angelo).  Would that not count as a Big Three?   Plus....Steve Kerr is supposed to be a wizard of a coach.....one of the best in the NBA.   Lest not forget Klay Thompson is rehabbing on the Warriors still, make that four All Stars when healthy.

But poor Steph.  What's he gonna do?  :lol:

On 6/18/2019 at 11:13 PM, KSB2424 said:

Coby White is a boss.  Whoever drafts this guy is going to land a STUD.  I needed to put this down for future reference.  

I'm telling ya'll.  Coby is a walking bucket.  A great person too.  Bulls fans should be pumped.

After 34 opening night, Doncic fired off his 1st triple-double of the season last night (25/10/10).

The kid can't even buy a beer until February. :D

56 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

After 34 opening night, Doncic fired off his 1st triple-double of the season last night (25/10/10).

The kid can't even buy a beer until February. :D

Such a stud. 

And he is a MVP candidate type basketball player as well. 

On 10/25/2019 at 12:03 AM, KSB2424 said:

Lets deep dive on this.  Steph Curry is supposed to be a two time MVP - All World - HOF player.  He has two other  healthy All-Stars on his team ( Draymond and D'Angelo).  Would that not count as a Big Three?   Plus....Steve Kerr is supposed to be a wizard of a coach.....one of the best in the NBA.   Lest not forget Klay Thompson is rehabbing on the Warriors still, make that four All Stars when healthy.

But poor Steph.  What's he gonna do?  :lol:

I hear ya. Steph needs to will his team to do as well or better than LeBron did last year. LeBron had a couple young 18+ ppg scorers, a couple of former all stars, etc. Very comparable. I think Steph can do it. They’ll win more than 37 games easy. 

Doncic is one hell of a player, I couldn't have been more wrong about him. He seems to be making a concerted effort to get to the basket this year, love that. Really enjoy watching him play.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I hear ya. Steph needs to will his team to do as well or better than LeBron did last year. LeBron had a couple young 18+ ppg scorers, a couple of former all stars, etc. Very comparable. I think Steph can do it. They’ll win more than 37 games easy. 

Pretty sure KSB was drunk when he typed that out, not much else could explain the absurdity of it.

I'm starting to think Steph stuck it in his Mom. Definitely has a hard-on for the dude.

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Warriors. :lol:

You waited a very long time for this, enjoy it my man.

4-0 :pointstosky: 

Gonna miss Joel for a few games though after the wrestling match with Towns.

Just watched the Pistons Nets game in Detroit.  After the game, Kyrie Irving takes his jersey off and hands it to a couple of little kids.  That's pretty awesome.  :thumbsup:

So, this Ja Morant kid... He's a star. All the attributes you want in a leader, unselfish but, an assassin when he needs to be.

Had his 5th game with 20 pts & 5 assists in a win over Utah, all other rookies combined... 1 such game.

Luka Doncic with 42/11/12 last night.

This kid's a freak. He's the only player in the league to be in the top 10 of scoring, rebounding and assists.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 9:41 PM, MDC said:

4-0 :pointstosky: 

Gonna miss Joel for a few games though after the wrestling match with Towns.

fultz is better than simmons:o

4 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

fultz is better than simmons:o

I want some of what you’re smoking. :D 

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

I want some of what you’re smoking. :D 

dude simmons can't shoot!! a bball player that cant shoot a lick. fultz has more career 3's already :lol:.... looked pretty good the other night. just sayin'

12 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

dude simmons can't shoot!! 

You should call WIP with that hot take. :D 

Luka rolls into LaBron's house and drills them - putting up 27/10/9 in the process.

Nat'l game of the week - prime time, the Mavs are officially back on the map.

The NBA now is not watchable IMO...  All it seems to be any more is shoot the three, isolation, dunks and free throws...

47 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Luka rolls into LaBron's house and drills them - putting up 27/10/9 in the process.

:banana:

56 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

spanked by the Clips, but I do like the Mavs, they have white guys

speaking of the Clips, they scored 150 in regulation for the second time this year, and 82 in the 1st half last night

Blake Griffin out after having surgery done on his knee.  Might not return this year.  Pistons are on the hook for close to 35 million this season and he's played 18 games.  I passionately hate Stan Van Gundy almost more than any other human on the planet, for a myriad of reasons not the least of which is trading for Blake.