Sign in to follow this  
The Observer

Phoenix police dept brutality caught on video

Just now, Alias Detective said:

Don’t tell Newbie.  They are good upstanding citizens to him.

Not true!  He doesn't know anything about the family and doesn't know all the facts, but he can pass judgment based solely only the fact that it involves a 4 year old black girl stealing a $1 doll.  How much more info could you need? 🤣

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Yet another "police brutality" story that will fade away. Poor race baiters remain winless.

Unfortunately, these stories don't fade away. Not in the communities that matter. These stories and videos are why a cop will be sitting in his car doing paperwork and get his brains blown out. This is everybody's problem.

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/growing-outrage-over-confrontation-caught-on-camera-between-family-and-phoenix-police-62121541734

If you haven't seen this, just try watching it without feeling nauseous. All because the four year old little girl stole a $1 doll from the dollar store.   "I'll put a cap in your f****** head!!" ☹️

ALL law enforcement actions are based on the facts known AT THAT TIME.  Ive only watched it once, but there is no fukin way these guy based their actions on the kid stealing a doll or dude stealing underwear. If you think that, your an idiot. Its what they knew about the perps, or what they did during the stop.  If you dont comply and furtive movements were made, then this turns into a high risk stop, which means guns are drawn. Im not defending all of their actions, the language was unnecessary. But tactically, Im eager to see what they get gigged on.  The Chief has already said this isnt reflective of their department, so something isnt kosher.

2 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Unfortunately, these stories don't fade away. Not in the communities that matter. These stories and videos are why a cop will be sitting in his car doing paperwork and get his brains blown out. This is everybody's problem.

This is why innocent cops get their brains blown out ? 

You're a sick focker. 

Barry and scumbags like you are why.

3 minutes ago, The Observer said:

These stories and videos are why a cop will be sitting in his car doing paperwork and get his brains blown out. This is everybody's problem.

Fock you Newbie.  You are trolling along here, purposely being obtuse, and then you spew this .  Fock you.

Finally we agree. Criminals start this crap and cops finish it. Sometimes they use what we (from our armchairs)_consider too much force due to selective facts.  Then race baiters demonize cops and we are all less safe.  Criminals win when we allow them to. Let's not.

4 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Fock you Newbie.  You are trolling along here, purposely being obtuse, and then you spew this .  Fock you.

So you don't think this kind of stuff is why black players kneel? And that it doesn't ad to the disdain of police officers amongst many in the black community? I'm not trolling. You're being willfully naïve.

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Another one in the loss column for Newbie.  Typical start to the morning.

So this isn't really a story?  Nothing to see here?  Business as usual for the Phoenix Police Dept? No big town meeting today?  Mmmkay.

Just now, Gladiators said:

Correct

Make sure you leave yourself a passageway for air as you bury your head in the sand.

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

All because the four year old little girl stole a $1 doll from the dollar store.  

This is what youre missing.  You've bought into the narrative.  As I stated before, youre not wrong about everything here,  but this is purely an emotional stance on the situation.

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

This is what youre missing.  You've bought into the narrative.  As I stated before, youre not wrong about everything here,  but this is purely an emotional stance on the situation.

I know. He also stole a dollar pack of underwear. And had a suspended license. 

I know. He also stole a dollar pack of underwear. And had a suspended license. 

JFC...whatever dude.  Congrats on being a sheep on this one. And I direct quoted YOU.  You're the one who said its all over a doll in your OP. 

5 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Make sure you leave yourself a passageway for air as you bury your head in the sand.

You're the one who makes judgments with next to nothing for information.  As more information comes out that doesn't bode well for the race baiting story you post, you double down anyway.  Yet I'm the one with my head in the sand.  🤣

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

You're the one who makes judgments with next to nothing for information.  As more information comes out that doesn't bode well for the race baiting story you post, you double down anyway.  Yet I'm the one with my head in the sand.  🤣

I actually agree with the poster above (a conservative, by the way) who said the officers will probably get administrative leave.  Had this been 20 years ago and there was no video, it would be business as usual. There's a new set of rules now that police activity is monitored.   Someone above said the cops tried to pull them over on the highway but they continued to drive to the apartment complex.  That is not uncommon.  Black people want to go where there are other people when getting pulled over.  These cops were treating them like they were Americas most wanted. Like they had a long line of murders. And that was in front of witnesses. Can you imagine what would have went on if there were none?

I actually agree with the poster above (a conservative, by the way) who said the officers will probably get administrative leave.  Had this been 20 years ago and there was no video, it would be business as usual. There's a new set of rules now that police activity is monitored.   Someone above said the cops tried to pull them over on the highway but they continued to drive to the apartment complex.  That is not uncommon.  Black people want to go where there are other people when getting pulled over.  These cops were treating them like they were Americas most wanted. Like they had a long line of murders. And that was in front of witnesses. Can you imagine what would have went on if there were none?

LMAO...

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

LMAO...

Great reply. Shows how clueless you actually are regarding the treatment of black suspects.  Watch the video again. Put the volume way up.  Now, keep in mind that this is how the cops acted knowing there were witnesses.

30 minutes ago, The Observer said:

So this isn't really a story?  Nothing to see here?  Business as usual for the Phoenix Police Dept? No big town meeting today?  Mmmkay.

Do some focking work and stay off the Internet. Geez what a slacker.  

Great reply. Shows how clueless you actually are regarding the treatment of black suspects.  Watch the video again. Put the volume way up.  Now, keep in mind that this is how the cops acted knowing there were witnesses.

If you go back and read my first response, I already said that the language is not necessary.  And, BTW, this happens to white people all the time and doesnt make news.  So what are your issues with this?  The language?  The guns? You've already said it over a doll.  Is that the issue?  I dont have all the facts known to the officer at the time. Neither do you.  And that is what all law enforcment actions are judged on. BTW, im a law enforcement officer trying to have reasonable discussion about this. 

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

If you go back and read my first response, I already said that the language is not necessary.  And, BTW, this happens to white people all the time and doesnt make news.  So what are your issues with this?  The language?  The guns? You've already said it over a doll.  Is that the issue?  I dont have all the facts known to the officer at the time. Neither do you.  And that is what all law enforcment actions are judged on. BTW, im a law enforcement officer trying to have reasonable discussion about this. 

My issue with it is the way the cops were conducting themselves. Unnecessary pointing of gun at mother holding child. The language.  It seems like a training session might be in order for these officers.  

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

After watching that video a few times here's what stood out to me....

1.Looks as though entire family left without purchasing anything(so this thing was planned from the get go)

2.The guy with the underwear was definitely up to no good as each time he gets up and steps away tells me another customer or someone was passing by the aisle and he was doing his best to look inconspicuous.

3.Have to wonder if the woman checking out was possibly involved as looks to me she's doing her best to preoccupy the cashier with her phone.

4.Lastly even though not on the video but reported,did this family drive to the apartments before stopping knowing someone was ready and waiting to video the cops in hopes of something like this and thus a possible 10 million dollar lawsuit.

2 minutes ago, nzoner said:

After watching that video a few times here's what stood out to me....

1.Looks as though entire family left without purchasing anything(so this thing was planned from the get go)

2.The guy with the underwear was definitely up to no good as each time he gets up and steps away tells me another customer or someone was passing by the aisle and he was doing his best to look inconspicuous.

3.Have to wonder if the woman checking out was possibly involved as looks to me she's doing her best to preoccupy the cashier with her phone.

4.Lastly even though not on the video but reported,did this family drive to the apartments before stopping knowing someone was ready and waiting to video the cops in hopes of something like this and thus a possible 10 million dollar lawsuit.

I agree with 1 and 2. Obviously nervous about stealing the underwear and doll.  And probably was planned (more likely the underwear. Doll may have been to make little girl happy).

Not sure on #3.  May be a coincidence.

On #4, I discussed this upthread. Black people always try to drive to where there will be witnesses when being pulled over.

My issue with it is the way the cops were conducting themselves. Unnecessary pointing of gun at mother holding child. The language.  It seems like a training session might be in order for these officers.  

Ok now we are getting somewhere.  Nowhere in my training was I told that you gain compliance by threatening to put a cap in someone's head.  A phrase Ive used is something like.  "Hands up.  Do not reach.  If you reach it will be seen as a threat and dealt with". 

As far as the gun pointed at the lady...high risk is high risk.  It appears that this was a investigation of a misdemeanor that went high risk(guns drawn, verbal commands etc). This situation plays out thousands of times everyday in America.  Its nothing uncommon. If you dont treat everything as high risk in that situation, one day it will bite you.  

Tactically, without seeing it all, it appears that maybe both the contact and cover officers were giving commands.  Thats a recipe for disaster.

1)  The family is clearly a POS without values.  Even the best case scenario for this case has the mother admitting she knew the daughter stole the doll when she came out of the store.

2)  The cops were dooshbags and clearly overreacted.  The involved officers should be disciplined up to and including termination depending on the final investigation findings.

3)  There's been a thread about this case over at FBG's for a week.  Why the fock did you have to start one here?  Can't you just discuss this with your playmates over at lib central and leave us the fock alone dickforbrains?

38 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I haven't even finished my morning coffee and you've already pissed 5 people off.

Ok now we are getting somewhere.  Nowhere in my training was I told that you gain compliance by threatening to put a cap in someone's head.  A phrase Ive used is something like.  "Hands up.  Do not reach.  If you reach it will be seen as a threat and dealt with". 

As far as the gun pointed at the lady...high risk is high risk.  It appears that this was a investigation of a misdemeanor that went high risk(guns drawn, verbal commands etc). This situation plays out thousands of times everyday in America.  Its nothing uncommon. If you dont treat everything as high risk in that situation, one day it will bite you.  

Tactically, without seeing it all, it appears that maybe both the contact and cover officers were giving commands.  Thats a recipe for disaster.

I don't know why it would have been deemed high risk. That's what I'm trying to figure out. I saw or heard nothing from the black couple that sounded the least bit threatening. It just seemed totally mishandled by the officers involved.  That poor child has to be traumatized.

9 minutes ago, The Observer said:

On #4, I discussed this upthread. Black people always try to drive to where there will be witnesses when being pulled over.

Well that's fine. But just be prepared to exhibit full compliance when you do stop. And obviously we did not see that here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

1)  The family is clearly a POS without values.  Even the best case scenario for this case has the mother admitting she knew the daughter stole the doll when she came out of the store.

2)  The cops were dooshbags and clearly overreacted.  The involved officers should be disciplined up to and including termination depending on the final investigation findings.

3)  There's been a thread about this case over at FBG's for a week.  Why the fock did you have to start one here?  Can't you just discuss this with your playmates over at lib central and leave us the fock alone dickforbrains?

I agree with both of your points.

Also, was unaware that topics were limited to one board only.  That's a new one.

4 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I don't know why it would have been deemed high risk. That's what I'm trying to figure out. I saw or heard nothing from the black couple that sounded the least bit threatening. It just seemed totally mishandled by the officers involved.  That poor child has to be traumatized.

Just spitballing here because I don't know the details or the neighborhood, but failure to stop and then driving into a known high crime or drug area, will buy you a high-risk stop. Or maybe the vehicle belonging to a known felon or someone with a felony warrant that is known to be armed. At that point you don't wait to approach the person and find out if that wanted person is actually the driver. It turns high-risk immediately whenever you find that information out.

We need to save this video and the next time Sharpton, Quianell, Shelia Jackson Lee, Maxine Waters and Jesse Jackson complain that there are no stores in black neighborhoods.  We can show them this perfect example.  Their people encourage their kids to steal, conspire to committee theft and then spin it into police brutality.  Keeping it real in the hood.

That poor child has to be traumatized.

Oh boo-hoo that poor child knew enough to walk out of a store without paying for something and I don't care if it was only a dollar as that kind of behavior without punishment one day becomes $10,$20 and so on.Hopefully she was traumatized enough to know better next time.

Just spitballing here because I don't know the details or the neighborhood, but failure to stop and then driving into a known high crime or drug area, will buy you a high-risk stop

I don't care if they get charged for shoplifting or any other crimes they may have committed. But I don't blame them one bit for going where they felt the safest. The way the cops acted, it was definitely a great choice. There could be a dead mother and/or four year old if this had happened roadside.

Just now, nzoner said:

Oh boo-hoo that poor child knew enough to walk out of a store without paying for something and I don't care if it was only a dollar as that kind of behavior without punishment one day becomes $10,$20 and so on.Hopefully she was traumatized enough to know better next time.

Or traumatized enough to hate law enforcement and keep the cycle going.

4 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Or traumatized enough to hate law enforcement and keep the false narrative going.

Fixored

6 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I don't care if they get charged for shoplifting or any other crimes they may have committed. But I don't blame them one bit for going where they felt the safest. The way the cops acted, it was definitely a great choice. There could be a dead mother and/or four year old if this had happened roadside.

Or, they may have stopped where they were supposed to, and let off with warnings.  Continuing to drive is a choice.  You don't blame them for going to a perceived safe area, and I don't blame the cops for turning it into a high-risk stop.