Sign in to follow this  
The Observer

Phoenix police dept brutality caught on video

Just now, Fireballer said:

Or, they may have stopped where they were supposed to, and let off with warnings.  Continuing to drive is a choice.  You don't blame them for going to a perceived safe area, and I don't blame the cops for turning it into a high-risk stop.

Fair enough. Let's see if the officers face any disciplinary action.

Let's hope everyone involved gets what they deserve. 

We know this is true. Everyday, millions of cops do great work, and they rarely get recognized for it.  Their job never gets easier or less dangerous.  

6 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Fair enough. Let's see if the officers face any disciplinary action.

They should get disciplinary action. Some of their actions were unacceptable and probably not consistent with their training. My only issue is with people saying that this lady got a gun in her face "just over a doll" like you did in your OP and not having all the facts.

• Like 1

1.  There is always more to the story.

2. The cops are on the job and need to learn to remain more calm and tone down the language. it is unnecessary.  Be more professional.

3. I am sure the call into the cops was for shoplifting / robbery.  I doubt the dispatch said to them "A little girl just stole a barbie go get em!"

4.  People just need to follow police instructions and not resist.  Sometime there are misunderstandings  but it will be sorted out easily if you just comply.

2 hours ago, The Observer said:

Unfortunately, these stories don't fade away. Not in the communities that matter. These stories and videos are why a cop will be sitting in his car doing paperwork and get his brains blown out. This is everybody's problem.

You are correct.  Which is why it's necessary for social media (verified) and media outlets to tell the whole story.   Not just click bait headlines.  It's dangerous.

At least with the settlement they get the kids college will be paid for. 

3 hours ago, The Observer said:

Hmm. Surprised this is a national story then.  Maybe this is how they are training officers to handle 4 year old little girls who have stolen a doll from the dollar store.  For all they know, she may have had a squirt gun too.

You keep saying "4 year old little girl" as if that was the focus of the situation. I'll say one thing about you, you truly are consistent with your inability to see the truth.  

I've told this story before.   In college me and two buddies were driving to the bar / club.   Blue lights pop behind us, then I look back and its multiple blue lights, three.....four cars.   We pull over and I hear......put your hands out of the car!   I look back and guns are drawn on us.   We had done nothing wrong.  Well, except maybe had a few beers underage before we left.   We all are freaking out, I yell at Derek (the driver) and say "Is there something you need to tell us man?!?!?"  He said hell no.

Anyway we comply directly to their orders.   Hands up, we get out slowly walk backwards to them they cuff us to detain us and we sit on the curb.  Guns drawn on us this whole time.  It is a surreal, scary freaking moment.

Well, after about 20 minutes it was figured out that Derek drove almost the exact same car as one that was recently stolen and his plates were off by like one letter or something crazy.   The police explained what happened, apologized and let us on our way.   No harm no foul.

Imagine if we were non compliant and talking smack back or whatnot.  We were totally innocent of anything.......but you still comply and figure it out later is my point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sderk said:

You keep saying "4 year old little girl" as if that was the focus of the situation. I'll say one thing about, you truly are consistent with your inability to see the truth.  

That's how Newbie thinks he wins every thread.  He just repeats the same mantra again and again.  4 yr old.  $1 doll.  4 yr old.  $1 doll.  Rinse and repeat.  Doesn't matter if other facts are presented.

This story got no play that I'm aware of here in Phoenix until it went viral.  The Phoenix Police aren't thought of poorly.  The sheriffs back in the day of Sheriff Joe, different story.  Perps had a way of dying in their custody.  I'm so glad he is finally gone.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I've told this story before.   In college me and two buddies were driving to the bar / club.   Blue lights pop behind us, then I look back and its multiple blue lights, three.....four cars.   We pull over and I hear......put your hands out of the car!   I look back and guns are drawn on us.   We had done nothing wrong.  Well, except maybe had a few beers underage before we left.   We all are freaking out, I yell at Derek (the driver) and say "Is there something you need to tell us man?!?!?"  He said hell no.

Anyway we comply directly to their orders.   Hands up, we get out slowly walk backwards to them they cuff us to detain us and we sit on the curb.  Guns drawn on us this whole time.  It is a surreal, scary freaking moment.

Well, after about 20 minutes it was figured out that Derek drove almost the exact same car as one that was recently stolen and his plates were off by like one letter or something crazy.   The police explained what happened, apologized and let us on our way.   No harm no foul.

Imagine if we were non compliant and talking smack back or whatnot.  We were totally innocent of anything.......but you still comply and figure it out later is my point.

I couldnt agree more.  Unfortunately, theres some sh!tty  cops that plant drugs, etc that ruin it for the good guys.  Groups that perceive they are targeted are resistant to comply because they think cops are gonna fabricate some BS.

25 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

1.  There is always more to the story.

2. The cops are on the job and need to learn to remain more calm and tone down the language. it is unnecessary.  Be more professional.

3. I am sure the call into the cops was for shoplifting / robbery.  I doubt the dispatch said to them "A little girl just stole a barbie go get em!"

4.  People just need to follow police instructions and not resist.  Sometime there are misunderstandings  but it will be sorted out easily if you just comply.

I can agree on all these points

3 hours ago, Intense Observer said:

Also interesting the difference in coverage that this story is receiving compared to the cop who shot and killed and autistic kid and shot both of his parents over a scuffle in the free samples line at Costco Friday night.

A couple of low life thieves get yelled at by cops vs a cop blasting 3 people inside a friggin grocery store.

That tard attacked the cop while he was holding his kid. B!tch move worthy of getting shot for. 

Thank God for cellphones.  The cop was clearly shown shoving the handcuffed man against his car and kicking his legs so that he would spread them. On the police report, he simply wrote that he 'made him spread his legs'. ROFL.   Hard to say how much of this went on through the years and no consequences were paid by law enforcement.

Trevor Noah:

Noah praised the onlookers who can be heard in the clip urging the officers with raised weapons to calm down. Another concerned woman is heard asking if she can take the children away from the escalating scene.

“This is ridiculous,” Noah commented. “How do civilians know how to better act like police than the police know how to act like police? How? Because this guy’s next to the car, holding his phone, but instead of panicking, he’s trying to calm things down. He’s even using the language cops are supposed to be thinking about: ‘Guys, let’s defuse the situation.’ ”

Noah pointed out that the city of Phoenix led the nation with 44 officer-involved shootings last year and said that he was glad there was video because the officers' original reports of the events do not match the evidence.

“You would think cops cursing at civilians and pointing guns at a 4-year-old child would be as bad as the story could get,” the host said. “But what makes it even worse is that if we didn’t have these videos, those cops would have been able to paint a very different picture of how this all went down.”

12000 violent crimes in Phoenix past year. 137 Murders.  Glad this story surfaced.  We might not have known what a dangerous place this is.  Great work by the PPD. :thumbsup:

Cops answer 1900 calls a day in Phoenix. Wow. 1900 chances to get killed by some scumbag, everyday.  Only 44 officer shootings for the year.  One for nearly every 16000 calls. And none, of course, in this situation.  :thumbsup: 

And libtards make no mention of the horrible parenting. They figure the kids should have been aborted, then this wouldn't have happened. 

I was all ready to beat up on the cops and then I did a little reading and watched the video.

These people are thieves and they ignored instruction to pull over. 

:dunno:

Also, where is the brutality?  Is screaming instructions now considered brutality?

Most people here seem to get it.

Looks bad for the cops scream profanity at this woman and trying to kick the guy’s legs out while he’s restrained. But I’m reading they didn’t initially pull over. Cop shouldn’t blow a focking gasket over a petty shoplifting incident but other than acting unprofessional they didn’t seem to do much wrong. I can’t get outraged about this one.

39 minutes ago, Reality said:

I was all ready to beat up on the cops and then I did a little reading and watched the video.

These people are thieves and they ignored instruction to pull over. 

:dunno:

Also, where is the brutality?  Is screaming instructions now considered brutality?

Most people here seem to get it.

He swept the leg bro...that's racist!

Sweeping the leg is taught. So seeing as democrats are in charge of most police policy in the US, take it up with them if you don't like it. 

4 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Don’t tell Newbie.  They are good upstanding citizens to him.

Day diddin du nuffin

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sweeping the leg is taught. So seeing as democrats are in charge of most police policy in the US, take it up with them if you don't like it. 

Obviously you dont know what Noah knows 

13 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Obviously you dont know what Noah knows 

Same goes for education. Got a problem with any of it? Take it up with the libtards. They've been running the show for 40 years now. 

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Cops answer 1900 calls a day in Phoenix. Wow. 1900 chances to get killed by some scumbag, everyday.  Only 44 officer shootings for the year.  One for nearly every 16000 calls. And none, of course, in this situation.  :thumbsup: 

City of Phoenix has a north/south road in the middle appropriately called Central Ave.  East of that are the "streets" and west are the "avenues".  Most of the drama happens in the aves (Shore Patrol I believe lives in the aves but not in technically in Phoenix, rather Glendale?).  I read that this confrontation happened in the streets, which mildly surprises me.  I used to work about a mile south from 32nd Street and Roosevelt, and I had my knee scoped about a mile east.  I don't know that particular intersection but given the layout of Phoenix I can see it being mildly ghetto, but not terribly so.  

My area of Phoenix has a mountain between it and the above so we are removed from it.  I think there is one police officer who patrols our suburb any given day, and I personally know one of them.  The only time you see multiple officers is when they are getting side pay to provide presence at a HS sporting event -- we have two large HSs which compete with each other for a variety of state championships, and tempers can flare.  Luckily that is the extent of our drama.  :cheers:

3 hours ago, The Observer said:

Thank God for cellphones.  The cop was clearly shown shoving the handcuffed man against his car and kicking his legs so that he would spread them. On the police report, he simply wrote that he 'made him spread his legs'. ROFL.   Hard to say how much of this went on through the years and no consequences were paid by law enforcement.

Well no sh!t he kicked his leg.  Its called the use of force continuum.  You exert the force needed to obtain compliance.  Obviously the arrestee didnt comply with the officers mere presence or verbal commands, so he bought himself a leg sweep. Dudes legs needed to be spread for search subsequent to arrest.  You know how much contraband is found between the legs, to include weapons? 

You need to stop posting in this thread.  First you call it brutality based on a 4 year old stealing a doll, then its blacks have to drive to a safe place, then it was a problem with the woman having the gun on her, now youre taking exception to the use of force continuum.  Nobody here is defending the course language.  That was unprofessional.  Any anecdotes from bystanders is a joke when truly assessing if these guys were out of policy.

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Well no sh!t he kicked his leg.  Its called the use of force continuum.  You exert the force needed to obtain compliance.  Obviously the arrestee didnt comply with the officers mere presence or verbal commands, so he bought himself a leg sweep. Dudes legs needed to be spread for search subsequent to arrest.  You know how much contraband is found between the legs, to include weapons? 

You need to stop posting in this thread.  First you call it brutality based on a 4 year old stealing a doll, then its blacks have to drive to a safe place, then it was a problem with the woman having the gun on her, now youre taking exception to the use of force continuum.  Nobody here is defending the course language.  That was unprofessional.  Any anecdotes from bystanders is a joke when truly assessing if these guys were out of policy.

I'll continue to post if I have something to add. But it's adorable that you think you have any say about that. You go.

15 minutes ago, The Observer said:

I'll continue to post if I have something to add. But it's adorable that you think you have any say about that. You go.

It seems you missed his point. You can post as you say Like the Trump thread you started, you are wrong and he just doesn’t want you to embarrass yourself more.  

And yes, I’m infatuated with you. 

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

It seems you missed his point. You can post as you say Like the Trump thread you started, you are wrong and he just doesn’t want you to embarrass yourself more.  

And yes, I’m infatuated with you. 

Embarrassing?  lol   Can't wait till you wake up and realize that having a different viewpoint than you and the rest of the right wing mob doesn't make someone wrong. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that I'll end up being right and the officers will face disciplinary action.

30 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Sorry, that went over your head.  I shoulda said "if you wanna stop being wrong, you really need to stop posting".  Its was figurative.  Sorry.

9 minutes ago, The Observer said:

In fact, I'd be willing to bet that I'll end up being right and the officers will face disciplinary action.

Now your backstroking.  First, you picked the situation apart based on your emotion and lack of knowledge.  Now, your gonna be proven right if they get disciplined?  Well no sh!t, 99% of the poster here know their gonna get disciplined.  Talk about moving goalposts.

Just now, Fireballer said:

Sorry, that went over your head.  I shoulda said "if you wanna stop being wrong, you really need to stop posting".  Its was figurative.  Sorry.

No worries. Problem is, I'm not wrong. This is a national story. People are up in arms about it and the Phoenix police department is trying to do damage control. There are protests there today. Again, learn to have opposition without taking it as a dig at your manhood. It's going to be ok. The sun will still come up for you tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Embarrassing?  lol   Can't wait till you wake up and realize that having a different viewpoint than you and the rest of the right wing mob doesn't make someone wrong. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that I'll end up being right and the officers will face disciplinary action.

The only reason they would face disciplinary action would be to appease the ignorant cop hating left wing mob....sadly this route has to be taken to prevent the violent left wing animal mobs from attacking the officers and their families. 

A sad state Barry and the ass holes have put this country in. 

4 minutes ago, The Observer said:

No worries. Problem is, I'm not wrong. This is a national story. People are up in arms about it and the Phoenix police department is trying to do damage control. There are protests there today. Again, learn to have opposition without taking it as a dig at your manhood. It's going to be ok. The sun will still come up for you tomorrow.

No sh!t its a national story.  No sh!t there are protests.  So was Ferguson.  And what was the outcome of that criminal case? Youve been flat out wrong about your opinions on police tactics.  If you can spin it another way, continue with your fantasy land. And I have agreed with you on the professionalism so obviously I can accept dissenting and agreeable opinions.  

Newbie taking another beating. :(

1 minute ago, 12th Man said:

Newbie taking another beating. :(

And he doesn't even realize it.  Poor guy

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

No sh!t its a national story.  No sh!t there are protests.  So was Ferguson.  And what was the outcome of that criminal case? Youve been flat out wrong about your opinions on police tactics.  If you can spin it another way, continue with your fantasy land. And I have agreed with you on the professionalism so obviously I can accept dissenting and agreeable opinions.  

There are a lot of Newbie's out there.  See a headline and run with it.

6 hours ago, The Observer said:

I actually agree with the poster above (a conservative, by the way) who said the officers will probably get administrative leave.  Had this been 20 years ago and there was no video, it would be business as usual. There's a new set of rules now that police activity is monitored.   Someone above said the cops tried to pull them over on the highway but they continued to drive to the apartment complex.  That is not uncommon.  Black people want to go where there are other people when getting pulled over.  These cops were treating them like they were Americas most wanted. Like they had a long line of murders. And that was in front of witnesses. Can you imagine what would have went on if there were none?

Cameras, for the most part now help show what lying trash the cops have to deal with on a daily basis. They are a positive for 99% of the police force. It's showing what garbage this family is. It's also stopping garbage like jessie, Al and Crump in their tracks as they head towards the so called victim only to turn their limo around and say 'no money in this one, ….stupid focking cameras.'