Sign in to follow this  
edjr

My stealing dominos pizza scheme from the early 90s

Twas a calm evening of drinking and playing cards back in 1991. My friend's house that we all hung out at was up a secluded road. Was maybe 8 or 9 of us hanging out and we didn't have any money and we were hungry. I had been kicking around this idea in my own head about calling Dominos and placing an order and then calling right back and placing another order for a house that was right near where I was. I figured the drivers would deliver the 1st order placed, while leaving the 2nd order in his car while I walked to the door.

After some discussion with my friends, we decided we would put the plan into action. 

It was the night before Thanksgiving and one of my friends called Dominos, 9782815480 (of course I remember their number well) He placed a pizza order for his house. a few minutes later, I called and place a 3 pizza order for the house up the street some.  The plan was in action! Would the driver come to the house and have the other pizza in his car?

We saw the lights coming up the driveway, it was time for me to act! I ran out the back door and around the house and waited for the driver to get out. HE walked up and knocked on the door. They had a front porch type thing and my buddy asked them to come into the house further. As soon as he walked in, I sprang to action! Car still running, door unlocked! could it be? YES! There was the pizza in the dominos bag, I took the 3 pizzas out and left the bag and scurried out of sight.

The driver left and went back around the house to the backdoor and went in and went downstairs. We were having the time of our lives, laughing about what a great scheme it was and filling ourselves with free pizza! 

Not sure how long it was, maybe 30 minutes. There is a knock on the door that leads to the basement room we in, had a pool table and ping pong table. I see Greg's mom peek down and she says "someone is here to ask you guys something" I see 2 pair of black shoes come down the stairs and they peek around the corner. THE COPS! FOCK! We have pizza boxes strewn out all over the place. We deny stealing them and the cop checks the address on the sticker on the side of the box 🙄 They threatened us with jail (for 5 days) till Monday, because Thanksgiving was the next day and the judge wasn't back till Monday. None of us had any money to pay for the pizza, hence the stealing of it. (his mom paid for the original pizza) so she ponied up and paid to keep us out of jail. 

The scheme could have easily worked! Had the original order been to another house and I waited outside that house, OR we just, you know. hid the focking evidence :wall:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

the postage idea was genius. this is the polar opposite of that. you suck.:(

Did it again a few months later and it worked. 😛

• Like 1

If I had a time machine, I would go straight to Gloucester 1991 and lend Ed $3.  He still wouldn't pay for pizza. 

I used to moonlight delivering for Domino's when I was in my 20's.   Drove around in my Camaro slinging pizza's til 2:00 am every night.  Drunk/stoned kids were always pulling some stupid sh!t to get out of paying.  

25 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I used to moonlight delivering for Domino's when I was in my 20's.   Drove around in my Camaro slinging pizza's til 2:00 am every night.  Drunk/stoned kids were always pulling some stupid sh!t to get out of paying.  

Dear Penthouse Forum... 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

i did too when i first got my license in high school. i had a lot of drunk older dudes try to pull fast ones with change. hey man i gave you a $50, etc. good learning experience. i remember i hated the sign they made me put on my car. id drive out of parking lot and take it down. i also remember delivering in my first snow storm. that sucked. to this day i would never do that to someone. :mad:

in fact we never get any food delivered at all....kinda of focking lazy if you think about it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

in fact we never get any food delivered at all....kinda of focking lazy if you think about it.

Can't remember the last time I got delivery. the epitome of lazy trash

• Like 1

Just now, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

You mean you can't remember the last time you got delivery and paid for it. 

:first:

• Like 1

Just now, drobeski said:

I once recieved a free order from dominos because it was my 100th of the year.

:o

That's pretty amazing.  twice a week isn't really that insane though. Was this when they started selling subs and fabulous desserts?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, edjr said:

:o

That's pretty amazing.  twice a week isn't really that insane though. Was this when they started selling subs and fabulous desserts?

Nope just pizza ...was in the early 90s. 2 young kids ..ex worked nights. 

The city I live in got one of those grants to fix potholes that Dominos has been touting in their commercials.  Wow, we got two less potholes than we did last year.  

Just now, drobeski said:

Nope just pizza ...was in the early 90s. 2 young kids ..ex worked nights. 

I remember the day they started selling subs. Good times

43 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

i did too when i first got my license in high school. i had a lot of drunk older dudes try to pull fast ones with change. hey man i gave you a $50, etc. good learning experience. i remember i hated the sign they made me put on my car. id drive out of parking lot and take it down. i also remember delivering in my first snow storm. that sucked. to this day i would never do that to someone. :mad:

They never made me put the sign on. I might have quit it if they had.  

Ever walk into a Domino's and order a pizza for delivery so your drunk ass could get a ride home?  :ninja:

29 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Ever walk into a Domino's and order a pizza for delivery so your drunk ass could get a ride home?  :ninja:

No, and if I were a delivery driver I wouldn't give you a ride home anyways.

1 minute ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

It's hard to deliver a pizza to someone that's not home. 

That's between him and the pizza place.  They pay me to deliver pizza.  They give me a pizza and an address and I'll try to deliver it.  I"m not gonna let some drunk stranger in my car.  I know a few people who tried the uber/lyft thing and they've all quit after some idiot threw up in their cars. 

5 hours ago, edjr said:

Twas a calm evening of drinking and playing cards back in 1991. My friend's house that we all hung out at was up a secluded road. Was maybe 8 or 9 of us hanging out and we didn't have any money and we were hungry. I had been kicking around this idea in my own head about calling Dominos and placing an order and then calling right back and placing another order for a house that was right near where I was. I figured the drivers would deliver the 1st order placed, while leaving the 2nd order in his car while I walked to the door.

After some discussion with my friends, we decided we would put the plan into action. 

It was the night before Thanksgiving and one of my friends called Dominos, 9782815480 (of course I remember their number well) He placed a pizza order for his house. a few minutes later, I called and place a 3 pizza order for the house up the street some.  The plan was in action! Would the driver come to the house and have the other pizza in his car?

We saw the lights coming up the driveway, it was time for me to act! I ran out the back door and around the house and waited for the driver to get out. HE walked up and knocked on the door. They had a front porch type thing and my buddy asked them to come into the house further. As soon as he walked in, I sprang to action! Car still running, door unlocked! could it be? YES! There was the pizza in the dominos bag, I took the 3 pizzas out and left the bag and scurried out of sight.

The driver left and went back around the house to the backdoor and went in and went downstairs. We were having the time of our lives, laughing about what a great scheme it was and filling ourselves with free pizza! 

Not sure how long it was, maybe 30 minutes. There is a knock on the door that leads to the basement room we in, had a pool table and ping pong table. I see Greg's mom peek down and she says "someone is here to ask you guys something" I see 2 pair of black shoes come down the stairs and they peek around the corner. THE COPS! FOCK! We have pizza boxes strewn out all over the place. We deny stealing them and the cop checks the address on the sticker on the side of the box 🙄 They threatened us with jail (for 5 days) till Monday, because Thanksgiving was the next day and the judge wasn't back till Monday. None of us had any money to pay for the pizza, hence the stealing of it. (his mom paid for the original pizza) so she ponied up and paid to keep us out of jail. 

The scheme could have easily worked! Had the original order been to another house and I waited outside that house, OR we just, you know. hid the focking evidence :wall:

You are the reason everyone suffers the high cost for pizza!   :mad:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

You are the reason everyone suffers the high cost for pizza!   :mad:

we had to pay for it :mad:

Just now, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

The first time. But then you tried it again and..........

My mother stole pizza once,..... once.

Did something similar in college. Our fraternity house was on a fairly main road and there was a pizza truck that had something like 40 small pizzas in a warming thing in the back. The delivery guy would grab one from the back and deliver it to where he was told and then go to the next place.

We had a mascot (dog) that was a Dalmatian. He was a mean dog to some people and he was very racist. Almost all of the delivery guys were black and many of my brothers thought the civil War was a mistake.  They would have the delivery guy come into the house and was sent upstairs to where the rooms were. Someone would let the dog out and he would proceed to chase the delivery guy for a good 4-5 minutes. 

Guys would go around to the truck and grab a bunch of pizzas. The dog was well known to the delivery guys, but we would always say we had him locked in a room. Every 4th or 5th time they would come, we would steal the pizzas.