Sign in to follow this  
Bier Meister

Outstanding in the Field

Nice! :thumbsup:

As I'm looking at the link I'm drinking Wine with a plate of sharp cheddar cheese, crackers, grapes & bacon :P 

and listening to CSNY "Teach Your Children Well" 

• Like 1

This sounds awesome. Hoping to get to Cali soon. Want to tour NAPA Valley and do some wine tasting. My girl and I are headed to the Finger Lakes in upstate NY for a long weekend. Hundreds of wineries run along the lakes. Soil/temps are conducive to great semi-sweet whites. Prize-winning Rieslings, specifically.  I know you're more of a beer guy, though.  Have a blast. That event looks awesome.

Big Guy, I wish I had a dollar for everytime I drank wine while having a chees plate and grapes.  Can't say I've ever added bacon to that, though.  Is that idea a Big Guy original?  lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

This sounds awesome. Hoping to get to Cali soon. Want to tour NAPA Valley and do some wine tasting. My girl and I are headed to the Finger Lakes in upstate NY for a long weekend. Hundreds of wineries run along the lakes. Soil/temps are conducive to great semi-sweet whites. Prize-winning Rieslings, specifically. [/b] I know you're more of a beer guy, though.  [/b]Have a blast. That event looks awesome.

Big Guy, I wish I had a dollar for everytime I drank wine while having a chees plate and grapes.  Can't say I've ever added bacon to that, though.  Is that idea a Big Guy original?  lol

both really (level 1 somm).  over the course of a year probably drink more wine that beer, but generally not drinking as much these days. I have only sample a few wines from that region... I believe rieslings.  I happen to enjoy german wines, but the sweeter they get, the more reliant upon food they become for me.

Great evening.  These events are held across the nation and internationally.  I will definitively try to do a few of these a year.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NorthernVike said:

$285 :lol:

go camping.

You do you NV.  We will do some camping later this summer (for a lot less than $285).

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

both really (level 1 somm).  over the course of a year probably drink more wine that beer, but generally not drinking as much these days. I have only sample a few wines from that region... I believe rieslings.  I happen to enjoy german wines, but the sweeter they get, the more reliant upon food they become for me.

Great evening.  These events are held across the nation and internationally.  I will definitively try to do a few of these a year.

If you ever venture east and have a day or two without plans, I'd be happy to meet you at the Finger Lakes and take you to some of my favorite wineries.  Their Rieslings are to die for. And they're not too sweet, as some Rieslings can be.

• Like 1

In.  I like the full range.  Rieslings have a fun flavor profile. I’ve been fortunate to be able to try them along the Mosel, Rhein, Alsace, Washington, and California.... oh, even Hawaii.

• Like 1

Jk... if you are following along, my contact no longer works at silver oak.  She is now at Ehlers Estate ☹️

6 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Jk... if you are following along, my contact no longer works at silver oak.  She is now at Ehlers Estate ☹️

My parents keep a case of silver oak cabernet at the house. I don't llke it. I always decline now, no point wasting expensive wine like that on me. 

15 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

$285 to stand in a field? 

Watch out for the cowshit. 

30 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Of course I'm going to watch out for the cowshit. That's where the mushrooms are. 

:bandana: 

3 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Why the hell else would you pay 300 bucks to stand in a field? Ok Maybe Woodstock, but even then you would be looking for the cowshit shrooms. 

Sorry Biermeister. Some people don't understand culture. 

1 minute ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Because nothing says I'm cultured than licking a$$. 

I'm a lady in the streets but a freak in the bed  :wub: 

I am not really bothered by the comments.  Just wanted to share a very fun experience with the group. It may appeal to some but not others. I may post some pictures later if I can remember how to do it.

2 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I am not really bothered by the comments.  Just wanted to share a very fun experience with the group. It may appeal to some but not others. I may post some pictures later if I can remember how to do it.

Actually it sounds like a good time. I'm just playing around. And picking shrooms. 

9 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Sorry Biermeister. Some people don't understand culture. 

Also... I am seeing an event at Finger Lakes in August.

Would love to attend the one in burgundy, and heard hawaii.

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

Oh I see that. In Geneva.  I may have to look into it.  That would be my third trip up there this year. 

• Like 1

I am looking at the other events in Northern California... all Spring/Summer are sold out and 80% of the Fall/Winter are also booked....

I see two in November: santa cruz and big sur, but not sure how weather will be :kicksrock:

Should be fun, you couldn't have something like that anywhere near the Houston area. If the heat doesn't get you, the mosquitoes would.

6 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Should be fun, you couldn't have something like that anywhere near the Houston area. If the heat doesn't get you, the mosquitoes would.

South/Southeast I am seeing

Charlotte

Atlanta

Nashville

St. Louis

Dallas

Austin

San Antonio

Bisbee, AZ

2 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Charlotte

Atlanta

Nashville

St. Louis

Dallas

Austin

San Antonio

Bisbee, AZ

There are places in the Austin and San Antonio area that have the landscape beauty, climate, and lack of mosquitoes to host the event. Those places are 3-4 hours away though.

Maybe in 16 years when the kids are out of the house.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Have you been to the Finger Lakes?  Geneva isn't bad but many places around the lakes have a trailer park vibe.  

My former in-laws had property near Lake Keuka.  It is a pretty area with some decent vineyards.  Of course nothing like your neck of the woods.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bert said:

Have you been to the Finger Lakes?  Geneva isn't bad but many places around the lakes have a trailer park vibe.  

My former in-laws had property near Lake Keuka.  It is a pretty area with some decent vineyards.  Of course nothing like your neck of the woods.

Seneca and Cuyuga are the Lakes to be on.  Great wineries and some really nice bed and breakfasts. We always stay at one up in Seneca Falls. But this coming weekend, we're taking my daughter too so we're staying at a place at the bottom of Lake Seneca  Watkins Glen area.

10 hours ago, The Observer said:

If you ever venture east and have a day or two without plans, I'd be happy to meet you at the Finger Lakes and take you to some of my favorite wineries.  Their Rieslings are to die for. And they're not too sweet, as some Rieslings can be.

"To did for". Cringy ghey.  

On 6/19/2019 at 7:04 AM, Bier Meister said:

I had not followed until now.  I'm not familiar with Ehlers, tell me more.  :cheers:

On 6/19/2019 at 9:09 AM, Bier Meister said:

Charlotte

Atlanta

Nashville

St. Louis

Dallas

Austin

San Antonio

Bisbee, AZ

Haven't been to Bisbee for some reason, need to plan a trip there.