Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Worst injury you’ve ever had

What’s the worse injury you’ve ever had happen to you? Should be good since everyone here is a badass

ruptured achilles. ironically wasn't painful until after surgery though.

elbow to face biting my tongue halfway off was a close second.

3rd was hockey skate to upper thigh. like 2 layers of 50 stitches and 30 staples.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Fractured the 3rd vertebrae in my neck.  

:rolleyes:that was just a sprain and you deserved it.

• Haha 1

That time newbiejr made fun of me :cry:

Broken ribs

Broken fibula SR year football no surgery required

Tore all ligaments left middle finger that required surgery

Broken ribs were probably the most painful, I couldn't focking breathe.  Undercut while playing basketball, cracked my elbow and broke some ribs.

Worse was a high ankle sprain while playing summer basketball, pretty much ended by abysmal career as a college athlete.  Sophomore year, kept trying to play on it too early, kept re-spraining it, was never right.  Had another one a few years later, still have ankle issues 20 years later.  I quit after the season ended, didn't play enough, wasn't as good as I thought, yadda yadda but, that was the beginning of the end.  I should have stayed off of it for 8 weeks and let it heal but, that's the way it goes.

25 minutes ago, Reality said:

Broken ribs were probably the most painful, I couldn't focking breathe.  

:thumbsup:

Breathing was difficult. Coughing hurt. Sneezing was excruciating. 

Broke my kneecap last October.  Still hurts, haven’t been really able to run and some days I have a noticeable limp.  Sucks

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

:thumbsup:

Breathing was difficult. Coughing hurt. Sneezing was excruciating. 

What’s also bad about broken ribs is there is really nothing you can do about it.  They suck

• Like 1

Mary Ellen Moffat. She broke my heart. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Mary Ellen Moffat. She broke my heart. 

I have this tattoo

• Thanks 1

Had all my teeth knocked out by 12th Doosh. Fortunately it turned out to be one of his daydreams. :thumbsup:

Had mine knocked out at the Pinewood Bar in the Bronx. Got lumped up pretty good. 

I've zipped up my diick a good half dozen times after peeing and being in a hurry. :(

• Like 1

Got my hand caught in an upright belt sander at work at 19. Took the skin off to the bone from the base of my index to just after the knuckle.  Had plastic surgery to fill the giant hole. 

Detached retina

I was going blind in my left eye. It didn't hurt, but it's scary as sh1t watching your vision gets worse every single day. I had surgery to reattach it and that sucked too, but I can see again which is nice. 

Torn bicep tendon... about 50%... hurt like a basturd for about 4 months... just now feeling okay ish enough to lift heavier.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Broken ribs were probably the most painful, I couldn't focking breathe.  Undercut while playing basketball, cracked my elbow and broke some ribs.

Worse was a high ankle sprain while playing summer basketball, pretty much ended by abysmal career as a college athlete.  Sophomore year, kept trying to play on it too early, kept re-spraining it, was never right.  Had another one a few years later, still have ankle issues 20 years later.  I quit after the season ended, didn't play enough, wasn't as good as I thought, yadda yadda but, that was the beginning of the end.  I should have stayed off of it for 8 weeks and let it heal but, that's the way it goes.

Similar story, I tore my hip flexor prior to our fall baseball season sophomore year in college.  I had worked my way into a starting position so I tried to play thru it.  Unfortunately I couldn't really run so that didn't work.  Add to that I had financial issues spring semester and couldn't be on the team because I had to work a lot.  Thus ended my illustrious D3 baseball career.

That being said, the worst injury I've had was a Jones fracture in my right foot from a taekwondo sparring incident.  Plate, screws, and 3 months on a kneely wheely thing.

I have beaten myself up over the years playing misc sports.  both ankles, acl (after third time had it replaced), shoulder (rotator cuff), back (l4, l5, s1)

Back is the worst. I still feel it everyday, despite stretching.

When I was 5, I fell and while falling, the right side of my face was cut by a cinder block wall.  Got 18 stitches.

Other than the occasional broken and/or dislocated finger, tore my ACL twice.  Almost 4 years to the day apart.

Fortunately, nothing really serious.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

When I was 5, I fell and while falling, the right side of my face was cut by a cinder block wall.  Got 18 stitches.

Other than the occasional broken and/or dislocated finger, tore my ACL twice.  Almost 4 years to the day apart.

Fortunately, nothing really serious.

Do you have a scar? Chicks dig scars. More than muscles or a Trans -Am. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Do you have a scar? Chicks dig scars. More than muscles or a Trans -Am. 

Not really.  Unless I point it out, you won't see it.  Even still, it's really faint.  It was very pronounced until I hit puberty.  Attracted some of the babes during my adolescence.  It was actually the topic starter of the eventual relationship between me and my son's mother.

Anyway, it was really ugly at first.  It ran from just under my right eye down to just at the jaw bone.  By the time I got to high school, it was a third of the size.

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Not really.  Unless I point it out, you won't see it.  Even still, it's really faint.  It was very pronounced until I hit puberty.  Attracted some of the babes during my adolescence.  It was actually the topic starter of the eventual relationship between me and my son's mother.

Anyway, it was really ugly at first.  It ran from just under my right eye down to just at the jaw bone.  By the time I got to high school, it was a third of the size.

You could have gotten a lot of mileage out of that if it hadn't healed. Never mind the chicks, but if you put an eye patch on, who was going to mess with you? 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You could have gotten a lot of mileage out of that if it hadn't healed. Never mind the chicks, but if you put an eye patch on, who was going to mess with you? 

... and to top it off, I'm a Buccaneers fan.  Would have been perfect!!

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

... and to top it off, I'm a Buccaneers fan.  Would have been perfect!!

You should wear two eye patches when you watch them. J/k. 

What a serious bunch of nancies in this thread.  jesus. 

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You should wear two eye patches when you watch them. J/k. 

That's not a joke!  🤣

22 minutes ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Waiting to see if the new coach can fix Shamus. 

Nah.  I'm convinced Winston can't be saved.  I think they finish with 4 or 5 wins, a top 5 pick, and a new QB in 2020.