Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Worst injury you’ve ever had

50 minutes ago, edjr said:

What a serious bunch of nancies in this thread.  jesus. 

Old Maid trumps anybody in this thread. Seriously. 

6 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

I've zipped up my diick a good half dozen times after peeing and being in a hurry. :(

Franks and beans!

Compund fracture left radius and ulna.

Multiple concussions with slurred speech and projectile vomiting.

Fell down the stairs at grandma’s at age 3 and broke collar bone.  Mom took me to get checked 3 weeks later.  That was the easy one. 

Broke a few bones but the shingles were by far the worst. 

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Broke a few bones but the shingles were by far the worst. 

I know people who have had shingles that say the same thing. I got shingles and it didn't hurt a bit. Sure feel liucky to have had it mild. 

2 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

I know people who have had shingles that say the same thing. I got shingles and it didn't hurt a bit. Sure feel liucky to have had it mild. 

same here..hurt a bit but not like I had heard.  It was on the back of my head..I was worried about it getting to my eyes.  

Worst injury..seperated right shoulder.  Happened in October, still recovering.  I think I will be able to golf soon.

2 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

Yeah, it depends on the severity of it. Some people have it and don't even know it. Other people kill themselves if its chronic. 

21 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You could have gotten a lot of mileage out of that if it hadn't healed. Never mind the chicks, but if you put an eye patch on, who was going to mess with you? 

My youngest son has a small birthmark under his right eye.  Women and girls of all ages seem to be drawn to it.  

There's a younger kid in his school that was born with some sort of marking around his eye that makes it look like he has a permanent black eye.  Not swollen, blue and purple, but almost looks like it was drawn in with eyeliner.  He gets similar treatment from women and girls.  

Take your pick:

1.  Dislocated my kneecap in the Notre Dame-Navy game 1981.  Partial patellar tear.  Cartilage damage.  6 weeks in a cast.  Extensive rehab.

2.  Shattered bones in 2 fingers (pointer and middle) when my neighbor's snowblower engaged from an off position and I stupidly had my fingers in the path of the second stage of gears.  I will never forget the "thunk" sound of that gear wheel hitting.  Had rods inserted through the tips of the fingers down to the 3rd knuckle for 6 weeks to heal.    Couldn't bend fingers at all, and felt REALLY odd when they removed the rods and I still could not bend my fingers.  

Technically not an injury, had total hip replacement in both legs done 8 months apart in 2017. That year was tough  

Dad built me a minibike for my birthday....think I was 12 or 13.

He didn't have it finished yet, but wanted to give it to me, and didn't put a shroud cover on the flywheel.

As he's showing me the throttle, he yells at me to watch my leg because of no cover.  Rode it about 30 feet, hit the root of a big tree that was in the driveway, bike tipped over into my right leg...motor killed from the impact.

Flywheel struck the inside of my right knee and right calve.  About 2" deep, about 6 inches long.  42 stitches and a very, very frightening ride to the hospital (Dad was going WAY too fast).

Image of small engine flywheel:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5p9WQThzP2s/maxresdefault.jpg

My 2 worst injuries are golf ball related.....

When I was a kid "Super Balls" were all the rage, they bounced so high. So some guys on the block used the cores of golf balls, they didn't tell us how dangerous it was to cut into one. My friend and I cut into one and accidentally ruptured the compressed liquid rubber core. It seriously blew up in our faces, in our eyes, mouths and up our noses. It could have blinded us.

The other was on a golf course and I was feeling quite uneasy, so much so that I took cover under a big tree and behind a bench.......then WHACK!!! I got hit by a golf ball on the top of my head from over a 100 yards away. It seriously felt like a body dropped out of the sky! It knocked me to the ground and I was helped up a minute later groggy as hell and bleeding. I went to the hospital and got 14 stitches and checked to see if I could walk straight lol.

On 6/20/2019 at 10:59 AM, fricker66 said:

Take your pick:

1.  Dislocated my kneecap in the Notre Dame-Navy game 1981.  Partial patellar tear.  Cartilage damage.  6 weeks in a cast.  Extensive rehab.

2.  Shattered bones in 2 fingers (pointer and middle) when my neighbor's snowblower engaged from an off position and I stupidly had my fingers in the path of the second stage of gears.  I will never forget the "thunk" sound of that gear wheel hitting.  Had rods inserted through the tips of the fingers down to the 3rd knuckle for 6 weeks to heal.    Couldn't bend fingers at all, and felt REALLY odd when they removed the rods and I still could not bend my fingers.  

You played football for ND?  If I knew that my old brain had forgotten that.  :cheers:

34 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

You played football for ND?  If I knew that my old brain had forgotten that.  :cheers:

Nah.  Two water displacement girls fell on my leg at offsetting angles during a TD celebration in the student section.   Reached down for my kneecap and it was about halfway down my shin.  I was just drunk enough to snap the cap back into place without moving my knee...probably saved my patella tendon as the doc said it would have snapped had I bent the leg the wrong way.

Also, I met a bunch of guys on the football team as a result of the injury since they were visiting their teammates in the infirmary during the week after that game.  They pretty much laughed at me, but I became good friends with a few of them.