Mungwater

Avengers: Endgame getting re-released

I guess they have some extra scenes that are at the end of the credits.  What a blatant money grab to take the top billing from avatar.  Fvcking sham, no way in hell im going to sit three hours to watch 15 or so minutes at the end.

I can’t wait till the 4-5 superhero movies a year phase is over. Last good year for movies was 2008-09

29 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

I can’t wait till the 4-5 superhero movies a year phase is over. Last good year for movies was 2008-09

It won’t happen. The way streaming services and VOD are crushing box office receipts, studios are only interested in releasing films that are a guaranteed ROI. They love Marvel movies since they’re appropriate for kids between the ages of 5 and 80.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

It won’t happen. The way streaming services and VOD are crushing box office receipts, studios are only interested in releasing films that are a guaranteed ROI. They love Marvel movies since they’re appropriate for kids between the ages of 5 and 80.

Sadly this is true. Luckily it’s easier than ever for a small budget team of film makers to make a pretty decent movie. There’s a lot of good independent films out there. Just wish the blockbuster companies would be riskier again and quit writing the same story over and over again with  a different theme and set of characters. 

I watched a pretty good independent film the other month called Primer. Only about 70 minutes long and it’s A++. You should check it out. 

43 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

You can make a decision and not watch them...

:dunno:

They are close to Avatar for biggest movie ever and hope this can put them over the edge. It’s smart thing to do and they should even work that into the marketing.

Just now, posty said:

You can make a decision and not watch them...

:dunno:

I don’t watch them. Haven’t watched any of them actually. I just wish my options when I went to the theater were more than just 1 superhero movie or the 9 other sh!t films. 

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

They are close to Avatar for biggest movie ever and hope this can put them over the edge. It’s smart thing to do and they should even work that into the marketing.

To be fair, Avatar was released in theaters twice as well. I remember it leaving the theater then seeing ads for it being back in the theater about a year later. At least this movie added some extra content. 

They make bookoo bucks in China. China's oppressive policies don't seem to bother Hollywood. I often wonder how they feel about the forced abortions for ethnic minorities there. I know they love abortion, but forced? What would they call that? Murder or manslaughter? What am I saying. It's just a zygot. Pay no mind to the face, arms and legs. It's just molecules fused together.  

32 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

To be fair, Avatar was released in theaters twice as well. I remember it leaving the theater then seeing ads for it being back in the theater about a year later. At least this movie added some extra content. 

:thumbsup:

@Hardcore troubadour Yep.  No shame in re-releasing the movie.  Both Avatar AND Titanic were re-released in theaters for money-grabs and stat padding also.

41 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Sadly this is true. Luckily it’s easier than ever for a small budget team of film makers to make a pretty decent movie. There’s a lot of good independent films out there. Just wish the blockbuster companies would be riskier again and quit writing the same story over and over again with  a different theme and set of characters. 

I watched a pretty good independent film the other month called Primer. Only about 70 minutes long and it’s A++. You should check it out. 

You’re right - plenty of really good independent and foreign films. I never go to the movies anymore and don’t miss it.

I remember reading great things about Priner years ago. Thanks for the recommendation. :thumbsup:

Adam Sandler is killing it on Netflix. 

2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

They should re rerelease Avatar before the sequels come out.

There is no doubt in my mind they are going to do this to try and retake or pad the #1 spot.  A "money-grab", as HT calls it.