Sign in to follow this  
BiffTannen

I hope Trump doesn't invite the Raptors to his house

They aren't even Americans. :mad:

Most of the facts about the Velociraptor are now well known. This is due to the discovery of several fossils. It lived during the Cretaceous period and became extinct 70 to 80 million years ago. Like the other dinosaurs it likely perished when a comet / asteroid struck the Earth at the time.

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

Most of the facts about the Velociraptor are now well known. This is due to the discovery of several fossils. It lived during the Cretaceous period and became extinct 70 to 80 million years ago. Like the other dinosaurs it likely perished when a comet / asteroid struck the Earth at the time.

earth is only 4000 years old!

19 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Went to private school, K-8th, very religious.  Never once heard this claim.

Always makes me giggle.

• Thanks 1

Bet Trudeau takes this opportunity to spite Trump. He will probably invite the Raptors to his house or whatever Canadians do and the entire event will be a trump bashing party.

30 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Aren't the pyramids 5000 years old? So were they already here and the earth was built around them or did they land on the earth after it was built with a booming voice saying, "Show us what you've got."

2 hours ago, Reality said:

Went to private school, K-8th, very religious.  Never once heard this claim.

Always makes me giggle.

if they taught the old testament strict interpretation there is really no way around it other than saying people use to live for 100's of years 

3 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

They aren't even Americans. :mad:

Everything will go as usual.  He will invite, they will decline.  It's what Democrats do.

10 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Everything will go as usual.  He will invite, they will decline.  It's what race baiting blacks do.

9 minutes ago, The Observer said:

How many white players do they have?  Is it even worth a trip? Plus, they can get McNuggets anytime.

Fake Newbie!

1 minute ago, The Observer said:

I prefer Faux Newbie TIA

I don’t give a crap what you prefer.  GFY

1 hour ago, bandrus1 said:

if they taught the old testament strict interpretation there is really no way around it other than saying people use to live for 100's of years 

If they taught the old testament to a strict interpretation, the 4000 year old claim would be the least of our worries.

Here's a tip, it's not taught that way.  Like I said, this stuff always makes me giggle.

6 minutes ago, Reality said:

If they taught the old testament to a strict interpretation, the 4000 year old claim would be the least of our worries.

Here's a tip, it's not taught that way.  Like I said, this stuff always makes me giggle.

Not sure what kinda place you went but I was raised in a non catholic church and the entire Bible was taught as factual. The lineage from Adam to Jesus is pretty spelled out 

There is an entire creationist museum dedicated to the young earth belief

15 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

I don’t give a crap what you prefer.  GFY

Well then you can forget me sending you an Edible Arrangement

2 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Not sure what kinda place you went but I was raised in a non catholic church and the entire Bible was taught as factual. The lineage from Adam to Jesus is pretty spelled out 

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that the Earth was created at the same moment Adam was created.

Also, nowhere in the Bible does it teach that the earth is young. The Bible does not say "the earth is 6,000 years old." Nor does it say "the earth is 4.5 billion years old." The fact is, the Bible makes no claims as to the age of the earth.

Still giggling. 

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that the Earth was created at the same moment Adam was created.

Also, nowhere in the Bible does it teach that the earth is young. The Bible does not say "the earth is 6,000 years old." Nor does it say "the earth is 4.5 billion years old." The fact is, the Bible makes no claims as to the age of the earth.

Still giggling. 

im not disagreeing with you...... But you are ignorant if you are saying that is a not a widely held belief

3 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

im not disagreeing with you...... But you are ignorant if you are saying that is a not a widely held belief

I don't believe it's a widely taught belief in the US.

It's a talking point used by people who want to make fun of religious folks.  

Just now, Reality said:

I agree.  I only know one person who made that claim and it was from about 20 years ago.

Just now, Reality said:

I have literally sat in a presentation at the Grand Canyon and listened to a group of visitors argue this with a Park Ranger giving a history of how the Canyon was created.

I think its much more wide spread than you would believe

In 2009, Bishop ran a survey that clarifies how many people really think the earth is only 10,000 years old. In survey results published by Reports of NCSE, Bishop found that 18% agreed that “the earth is less than 10,000 years old.” But he also found that 39% agreed “God created the universe, the earth, the sun, moon, stars, plants, animals, and the first two people within the past 10,000 years.” Again, question wording and context clearly both matter a lot.

The Earth has almost tripled in age since our conversation started.

:D

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

Who cares? This isn’t the 1980s anymore. People don’t think what you are claiming they think. A very small percentage do, but that’s it. 

Obvious to most folks, hard to give up a talking point though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bandrus1 said:

I literally posted proof they do

Only the elderly and really dumb people participate in those poles so it skews results. That’s a fact. 

Also when you say literally it doesn’t emphasis your point it just makes you sound like a teenage girl :(

ohhhhh now its the sample size you dont like and its not because it is current  not from the 80's ok

4 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

I literally posted proof they do

You were like a man on a mission with those responses!!!

I don't care enough about it to look at the links and see who they surveyed, when, or what all the questions were.  You can believe what you want.  I'll believe what I want based on my experiences.

Note - I'm not religious.

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

You were like a man on a mission with those responses!!!

I don't care enough about it to look at the links and see who they surveyed, when, or what all the questions were.  You can believe what you want.  I'll believe what I want based on my experiences.

Note - I'm not religious.

Neither am I. Seems most of the righties here aren’t religious (there are a handful and it’s perfectly fine that they are). Just another wrench in false claims that Dems try to make. 

31 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Only the elderly and really dumb people participate in those poles so it skews results. That’s a fact. 

Also when you say literally it doesn’t emphasis your point it just makes you sound like a teenage girl :(

Don't get so high and mighty.. search function is easy to use and your 108 instances of using the word literally are easy to find

2 hours ago, The Observer said:

I prefer Faux Newbie TIA

I liked the guy who called you Meat Head. A perfect fit!

16 hours ago, The Observer said:

How many white players do they have?  Is it even worth a trip? Plus, they can get McNuggets anytime.

If teams had not chosen to skip the WH visit prior to the fast food display, this would be a reasonable reaction.

Lol most of the athletes turn him down anyway. And don't kid yourself, he loves it that they do turn him down.

Says something about him and people who like him. 

Adam Silver, the NBA commissioner, said in an interview published Monday that the league has moved away from the term “owner” and said they are now referred to as governors

He should invite the St Louis Blues. Sure they’re mostly Canadian but they’re also all white. 

5 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Adam Silver, the NBA commissioner, said in an interview published Monday that the league has moved away from the term “owner” and said they are now referred to as governors

The reason? They think it is racially insensitive. :rolleyes:

https://www.newsweek.com/could-nba-drop-term-owner-its-teams-some-think-it-insensitive-1441967

8 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Governors is stupid.  What would be a non-offensive term to use though?  Chair?  Proprietor?  Director?  CEO?