Sign in to follow this  
Matts Eagles

Sleepers, Breakouts, Busts

Something to get conversation moving:

Who are your sleepers, Breakouts and Busts at each position:

Sleepers:

QB    Nick Foles....Improved O-Line in Jax, a good running game and quality WRs, great Jax defense allows him to gamble a little

RB    Justice Hill....Should get first crack at 3rd down back opportunities, and Ingram is older and could get dinged up

WR    Devante Parker....Finally, Gase is gone, he is healthy, it could be his time

TE     Jordan Reed.....He is healthy and has a rookie QB, so possibility for a lot of short routes to a trusted TE

Breakouts

QB  Josh Allen...I think he has a great opportunity in Buffalo and started to show his skills late last year, WR core has improved and O-line has well

RB   Kerryon Johnson..I think he will get the Lion share of the carries as well as some catches, should improve from last year

WR  Dede Westbrook...M Lee is injured, i think Dede and Foles will make a nice Duo, 3 year bump will be proven with him

TE  Evan Engram...seems obvious with OBJ gone, there are a lot of targets that are vacated, whether is Eli or Dan Jones, i can see an 80 -90 catch, 700 - 800 yard and 8-10 TD stat line for him

Busts

QB  Ben Rothlisberger...I think he will miss A Brown more than everyone thinks, Juju will be nice but the rest of the cast will let him down

RB  Todd Gurley...I think his knee needs surgery and i see it comng sometime soon, if 85% i see his work load going down and some D Henderson mixed in

WR  Alshon Jeffrey...lots of new arrivals and Wentz loves Ertz as well, i see him possibly getting passed by JJAW mid season

TE   Eric Ebron...I think he will be mixed in with Doyle (healthy) and maybe Alie Mo Cox and will lower his red zone targets 

Way Early for me but Sleepers : Jaylen Samuels- RB, Dallas Goedert- TE , Sterling Shepard-WR

Sleepers - 

WR: Trey Quinn, WAS (PPR) - should start in the slot and could have some nice PPR value in an offense void of big name receivers.

WR: Demarcus Robinson, KC - Would benefit most during any Tyreek suspension but should see an increase in targets regardless.

RB: Ronald Jones, TB - Was thoroughly unimpressive last season but a new coaching staff and high draft capital could lead to him getting the starting job some point early in the season.

TE: Noah Fant, DEN - We know the track record of rookie TEs (not good) but Flacco is known for targeting the position and Fant should be a starter Week 1.

If I can count the Bears D Montgomery as a sleeper that’s one pick. 

Breakout for me would be M Williams of the Chargers.  I think he will surpass Allen and be a top ten wr.  

K Murray with Zona. I don’t think he will produce like many think he will, and that will once again hurt the other players on Zona. 

I’ll be back with more. 

Breakout D Carr, just look at the Raiders offensive roster. 

Bust based on adp, Ertz, I think as posted above Goedert is going to get more and more work, still only one football. 

I don’t think Ertz falls off the earth, but he will post less.  

Sleeper would be D Samuel wr Niners, he will be the Niners number one ff wr.  

Sleeper D Lewis, now I know he’s posted good number I the past, but I do think he will hurt Henry more then most think, and he will post better ff number then last season  

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Breakout D Carr, just look at the Raiders offensive roster. 

Bust based on adp, Ertz, I think as posted above Goedert is going to get more and more work, still only one football. 

I don’t think Ertz falls off the earth, but he will post less.  

Sleeper would be D Samuel wr Niners, he will be the Niners number one ff wr.  

Sleeper D Lewis, now I know he’s posted good number I the past, but I do think he will hurt Henry more then most think, and he will post better ff number then last season  

Still not sold on Carr.  He had Amari Cooper and Jordy Nelson and couldn't get it done.  Granted, Jordy lost a step but he was still a great possession receiver.

Actually you just made my point about Carr and the players he as surrounding him on offense.  

Carr wasn’t Coopers problem, Cooper was Carr’s problem. 

And J Nelson was a good postion wr and deep threat by the time he became a Raider.  

Have you ever heard of A Brown. 

On 6/21/2019 at 11:48 AM, Matt's Eagles said:

RB   Kerryon Johnson..I think he will get the Lion share of the carries as well as some catches, should improve from last year

Lion Share... I see what you did there.

I think people will be sleeping on K Cousins , love where he’s being adp at right now.  

Of the Colts rb Mack can stay healthy he’s a breakout candidate.  

The Chargers te Henry is another candidate for a breakout if he can stay healthy. 

Sleeper -  most like a player we never heard of but one person here will chime in that they new this player was special and took him with their last pick or picked him up off waiver two weeks before the breakout because they new it was coming.

breakout - Calvin Ridley 

bust - Julio Jones he not going to fall off the face of the earth but more like Ocho Stinko 3 or 4 huge games mixed with a lot of blah

9 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

Sleeper -  most like a player we never heard of but one person here will chime in that they new this player was special and took him with their last pick or picked him up off waiver two weeks before the breakout because they new it was coming.

No bragging after the fact unless you call it here first.  Of course, there are also those who identify so many sleepers that it would actually be surprising if a couple of them didn't pan out......

On 6/27/2019 at 9:32 PM, Smileseers said:

WR Byron Pringle KC is a candidate to be the sleeper of the draft and is under the radar.

This is the boldest sleeper so far.

• Like 1

Lots are high on WR Westbrook to break out this year.   

Sleeper - Jimmy G

Bust -  QB A Rodgers

Also, I'm looking for a big year from Baker Mayfield.   Not sure if it's a break out as he had a heck of a rookie year setting the TD record and all (for rookies).   I also don't know that he is a sleeper as expectations are kind of high.   His HC and OC combined with lots of weapons around him lead me to believe he's going to ball!!