Sign in to follow this  
naomi

Your truth

4 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Oh right, Swoosie, like that was real threat.  If it's been said before it doesn't need to be said again.  Stick to roll eyes comments in between slapfights - dissing this girl is unbecoming.

Lol, this reads to me like "quit picking on the autistic girl."

Anyway, I've noticed in this thread some interesting, friendly dynamics. Appreciated :cheers:

Just now, OldMaid said:

Are you new here? I’ve got a big hallway, and Naomi writes long and meandering posts. It’s what we do. 

I wasn’t coming for Naomi. I even said sorry in the post.

Now fock off, seriously.

Yes you were coming for Naomi in a kunty passive aggressive way.  Drink the rest of that box of Chardonnay and quit arguing with me.

2 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Yes you were coming for Naomi in a kunty passive aggressive way.  Drink the rest of that box of Chardonnay and quit arguing with me.

Lighten up, Francis.

1 minute ago, naomi said:

Lol, this reads to me like "quit picking on the autistic girl."

Anyway, I've noticed in this thread some interesting, friendly dynamics. Appreciated :cheers:

No, I don't think you're autistic.  I think you're trying to tie several thoughts together and that exceeded the one line limit tolerated by the Neanderthals here.  The comment was gratuitous.

34 minutes ago, naomi said:

No need to apologize Jerry. I'm choosing to reason my feelings beyond the hurt you've inflicted here, on this message board. That's my truth :bandana:

Beyond the hurt I've inflicted here, on this message bored... Sounds like I'm Satan.  Please do tell what you mean by this.  I've never been anything but respectful to you.   :dunno:

1 minute ago, Casual Observer said:

My controversial take is that advertising today is more of a social engineering project that aims to shape social views and attitudes more than it is designed to sell more product.  The recent Gillette ads come to mind as but one example.

What would be the purpose of that..just promoting the personal stances of those leading companies? I don't think this is an off base thought at all, but I also think there is a cost-benefit to court this market, and it will not be offset by the indifference or mild annoyed reaction of the rest of their market.

Just now, naomi said:

What would be the purpose of that..just promoting the personal stances of those leading companies? I don't think this is an off base thought at all, but I also think there is a cost-benefit to court this market, and it will not be offset by the indifference or mild annoyed reaction of the rest of their market.

The market already exists.  This ad isn't going to change it, unless it turns off those that feel CK is only for the beautiful people.

Also I have in my mind that Casual Observer is an alias for Chronic Husker.  Makes sense in the context of this thread.  :thumbsup:

35 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Beyond the hurt I've inflicted here, on this message bored... Sounds like I'm Satan.  Please do tell what you mean by this.  I've never been anything but respectful to you.   :dunno:

Was completely kidding. That was a play on some of the gist of my incomprehendible post. And the fact you were apologizing. Old Maid put it well earlier - it's what we do here. 

I do appreciate it though. Thoughtful.

24 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Also I have in my mind that Casual Observer is an alias for Chronic Husker.  Makes sense in the context of this thread.  :thumbsup:

I always got along with CH. I’ve always thought it was IMM. Same toolish behavior.

21 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Sure does, you're spot on.

1 hour ago, Gladiators said:

#metoo

I respect your bravery. Stay strong. 

Truth isn't subjective.

HTH

I hate to disagree with bill. This will sell. Black audiences are easy to sell to. It is about defiance, celebrity, branding. Seems to check some boxes there. I just hope the chinese have enough fabric.

• Haha 1

Maybe Calvin Klein knows that, just like the Geek Club, there's a LOT more out of shape people than model-physique people and they buy underwear too. CK has been relevant for over 40 years because of great marketing. They also we're smart enough to use a black model so that the Trump base would lose their minds and cry about it on social media.  

I have a few pairs of their jeans but not any underpants. This ad featuring Vince Wilfork isn’t making me run to the mall to buy any either. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Observer said:

Maybe Calvin Klein knows that, just like the Geek Club, there's a LOT more out of shape people than model-physique people and they buy underwear too. CK has been relevant for over 40 years because of great marketing. They also we're smart enough to use a black model so that the Trump base would lose their minds and cry about it on social media.  

Troll

15 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Troll

I wouldn't necessarily say that CK is trying to troll racists, but they certainly seem to have them jumping in the boat. 

13 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Skids is hard to rile. Just don't do a spoiler showing the winner of American Idol in a thread title.      😮

1 hour ago, BiPolarBear said:

Skids is hard to rile. Just don't do a spoiler showing the winner of American Idol in a thread title.      😮

That was you?!  Punch face wife kids.  :mad:

22 hours ago, jerryskids said:

That was you?!  Punch face wife kids.  :mad:

Oh no. That wasn't me. I just remember it happening. It was SUX.

:thumbsup:

please share the lsd

God is great, beer is good and people are stupid.  TRUTH!