Sign in to follow this  
edjr

NBA moves away from the term "owner" of a team to "governor" of a team

https://wrko.iheart.com/featured/marita-mackinnon/content/2019-06-24-nba-moves-away-from-the-term-owner-of-a-team-to-governor-of-a-team/?Pname=local_social&Sc=editorial&Keyid=socialflow&fbclid=IwAR2aPZQkPR_dHUGi7KR_W5emQ8-JIVmdQ6TLdhyLJZ3sVCbMX58_zJ_Y0VU

The NBA is now referring to it's team "owners" as "governors" because the term "owner" is insensitive towards a majority of the league's African American players. According to commissioner Adam Silver, the league itself has stopped using the term a long time ago but now more individual teams throughout the NBA are using the term "governor" of a team rather than "owner" of a team. Some of the teams who have stopped using the term includes the Clippers and the 76ers. NBA Commissioner Adam Silver spoke to TMZ about the dumping of the word "owner" to "governor"...

We have officially lost our focking minds as a society

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

How stupid...

If the players were truly being "owned", they would be getting paid like the serious coin that they do...

So do all  businesses go to this?  Its so fukin stupid.  There are people that actually own these organizations.  Nobody goes around and says PDiddy governs his record company.  He fukin owns that b!tch. Not govern it, he  fukin owns it.  If anything, GMs are the governors.  Wtf...

Are you a small business owner?

NO you racist!! I am a small business governor. :rolleyes:

Obviously we need less blacks in the NBA. 

• Like 1

Adam Silver looks like a slave owner. Must be it

OK, fine.  Then all players will be now be required to pronounce and spell the word governor before the start of every season.  If they can't do it, their contract is null and void.  

If I ever meet an NBA owner, in the most annoying British accent I can muster, I'm gonna say Ello Gov'nor!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

OK, fine.  Then all players will be now be required to pronounce and spell the word governor before the start of every season.  If they can't do it, their contract is null and void.  

:D

Geez the blacks who actually went through the civil rights stuff were much tougher than the crop now.  

They are 3 or 4 generations removed from slaves.   The ones who went through it have to be rolling over in their graves right about now.

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Geez the blacks who actually went through the civil rights stuff were much tougher than the crop now.  

They are 3 or 4 generations removed from slaves.   The ones who went through it have to be rolling over in their graves right about now.

or at least ready to be let down from the tree

1 minute ago, edjr said:

or at least ready to be let down from the tree

:D

Too soon?

The NBA is trash. Of all the major sports in the US, it’s fans definitely have the lowest IQ

• Thanks 1

I'm sure those millionaire NBA players had trouble sleeping at night due to the insensitive term used for those evil white devils signing their ginormous paychecks.  Oh the horror!!!  We should celebrate their bravery. 

• Haha 1

My all time slave team:

Point Slave - Isaiah Thomas

Shooting Slave - Michael Jordan

Small Slave - Larry Bird

Power Slave - Karl Malone

Big Slave in the Middle - SHAQ. 

4 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

My all time slave team:

Small Slave - Larry Bird

I would LOL if you had Ewing there, Ewing has to be on the all slave team.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

:lol: I guess they forgot to check out the fact that governors in the 1800s owned slaves.  What a bunch of complete morons.

Yeah but they were slave OWNERS not slave GUBNERS :doh:

Fvcking disgusting how sensitive people are now. Are there really that many inscensed NBA players? Or are there like 2 who care but they just bltch like little cvnts as loud as they can? 

The disabled list switching to the injured list because it offends disabled people is another absurdity. Why is it not OK to "offend" disabled people, but it's ok to "offend" injured people? 

7 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

It would be a shame if a bunch of SJWs and blacks decided they didn't need brakes anymore. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_cylinder

:lol:

What if they were lonely and they wanted to play with themselves? no more masterbation 

Why not "proprietor" I wonder?  If they're so worried about connotation, Governor carries it's own connotation.

This is one of those situations where I think the person calling racism is the secretly racist person.  

"Oh, so YOU think owning a team is akin to owning slaves, and therefore we must change the name.  Because no one else thinks that."

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Coal Flakes

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

My all time slave team:

Small Slave - Larry Bird

HOW DARE YOU INCLUDE LARRY BIRD!!!!    He was only allowed to play and excel because of his WHITE PRIVILEGE!!!!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, frank said:

Who will run Bartertown?

Master Blaster...hmm that might not work

1 hour ago, BiffTannen said:

My favorite Powerslave.  Up the Irons, b1tches! :headbanger:

I think we have reached the end of the civil rights movement. 

Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thought-crime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it. Every concept that can ever be needed will be expressed by eactly one word, with its meaning rigidly defined and all its subsidiary meanings rubbed out and forgotten. . . . The process will still be continuing long after you and I are dead. Every year fewer and fewer words, and the range of consciousness always a little smaller. Even now, of course, there's no reason or excuse for commiting thought-crime. It's merely a question of self-discipline, reality-control. But in the end there won't be any need even for that. . . . Has it ever occcured to you, Winston, that by the year 2050, at the very latest, not a single human being will be alive who could understand such a conversation as we are having now?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thought-crime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it. Every concept that can ever be needed will be expressed by eactly one word, with its meaning rigidly defined and all its subsidiary meanings rubbed out and forgotten. . . . The process will still be continuing long after you and I are dead. Every year fewer and fewer words, and the range of consciousness always a little smaller. Even now, of course, there's no reason or excuse for commiting thought-crime. It's merely a question of self-discipline, reality-control. But in the end there won't be any need even for that. . . . Has it ever occcured to you, Winston, that by the year 2050, at the very latest, not a single human being will be alive who could understand such a conversation as we are having now?

We've always been at war with Eastasia. 

5 minutes ago, DonS said:

We've always been at war with Eastasia. 

War is peace. 
Freedom is slavery. 
Ignorance is strength

3 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

The NBA is trash. Of all the major sports in the US, it’s fans definitely have the lowest IQ

Still higher than a Trump rally. 

Can’t wait to see how far they take this stuff. You aren’t the driver of a car, that’s racist, like a slave driver. No, you are the cars practicing action directive taker.