Cloaca du jour

Democratic debate 2 nites starts tonight?

2 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Im going to harness love!!

I'm telling you, that chick has a crazy wild side.  :banana:

• Like 1

At least Yang does not yell like a politician. 

28 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

I kinda like this author chick. A gilf?

She spoke directly to Trump and said she's going to beat him with LOVE.  Bwahahaha

I'm willing to have my love harvested, call me

Half these candidates are career politicians.

They have changed nothing their entire careers.

Why would anyone believe that NOW they will start to change DC?

Bernie: "The Rich will get richer.  Speaking of which, buy my book".

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

I'm willing to have my love harvested, call me

She should team with Yang and she'll give you $1000 for your seed. 

"Climate Change, Guns, Racism" 

what a joke 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Intense Observer said:

Half these candidates are career politicians.

They have changed nothing their entire careers.

Why would anyone believe that NOW they will start to change DC?

Because most people are complete idiots.

Perfect love casts out fear. Referencing the bible. Also equating herself with God, but she's probably not aware of that dynamic.

3 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

As he gets into his limo and heads off to the most expensive hotel, paid for by suckers.

• Like 1

If the freak show was waiting for/hoping for a Biden gaffe, they didn't get one. I'm curious to see what the polls look like in a couple of days.

Yikes Kamala got focking vicious there. Biden didn’t do so well in defense but I think her attacks backfire. It was too far and too personal.

I love Bernie but he’s sounding like a broken record.

Gillibrand was good but fock her. And who the hell ever took a bleach blonde seriously anyway?

Buttigieg was pretty good but showed his inexperience at times. It’s just hard to take him seriously as having a real shot. He is articulate though and mostly made a lot of sense.

I like Hickenlooper but it ain’t gonna happen. Ditto marbles in his mouth Bennett.

The batsh1t lady was good comic relief.

i think the real winner was Biden as the attacks on him will backfire imo. As long as people weren’t put off by his brief senior moments.

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Buttigieg was pretty good but showed his inexperience at times. It’s just hard to take him seriously as having a real shot. He is articulate though and mostly made a lot of sense.

Where do you think he showed his inexperience?

17 minutes ago, naomi said:

Where do you think he showed his inexperience?

A good question. Mostly it was just an overall feel from him but I think the main moment was when he went off about how right wing Christians can’t call themselves Christians anymore after supporting what Trump has done at the border and so forth. It was a little too much like a hot take you’d hear on a college campus. And I thought it was offensive and I’m not even Christian. What’s the point of saying something like that — it won’t win anyone over.

I’m a liberal or at least not extremely far right, so I doubt many of you will agree. But after two nights I’ve got them like this:

Biden

Booker

Warren

Sanders

Buttigieg

Honorable mentions to de Blasio, Castro and I’d say Gillibrand but fock her and same with Klobuchar.

I think Harris lost me for good. That was ugly. Very ugly.

I will admit to being a little underwhelmed but it’s early. Remember what a clown show the Republican side was around this time?

Williamson if love is harvested

Delaney

Klobuchar

Gabbard

Ryan

Yang

Hickenlooper

Biden

Butt gig

Williamson if love isn't harvested

Bennet

Warren

Sanders

Beta

Booker

Inslee

Gillibrand

Swallwell

DiBlasio

Harris

Castro

25 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

A good question. Mostly it was just an overall feel from him but I think the main moment was when he went off about how right wing Christians can’t call themselves Christians anymore after supporting what Trump has done at the border and so forth. It was a little too much like a hot take you’d hear on a college campus. And I thought it was offensive and I’m not even Christian. What’s the point of saying something like that — it won’t win anyone over.

That makes sense.

It felt a little different to me than a college campus hot take though.

I think it's a very loaded "point". To be intellectually honest he would need to be mentally referencing people who identify as Christian and who have the attitude "screw them all...I don't care" and not some other entire system of thinking. 

That being said, I oddly don't mind that his ideological enemies are in his sights, so to speak. Even if it's me, in a sense. I take it as him being real. It might be harsher, but people like that can actually be worked with. People who are too sold out to the process to let that kind of edge show are not the kind who ever reflect; ever decide things out of the gut. They go with the wind (what's polling better, etc).

58 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

Like they did under Obama? 

54 minutes ago, naomi said:

Perfect love casts out fear. Referencing the bible. Also equating herself with God, but she's probably not aware of that dynamic.

You're saying you are morally and intellectually superior to someone. You are no different than any other assclown claiming the same.  

I wonder if polling from last night showed that people don't care as much about LGBT rhetoric as they believed, as candidates barely even uttered that acronym tonight.  I definitely don't recall any of them specifically saying anything about trans tonight.

Did anyone else notice this? 

I wouldn't have even known Buttigieg was gay aside from one brief comment about him being able to be married.   Booker and Harris kept pointing out race race race on the other hand. 

5 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

You're saying you are morally and intellectually superior to someone. You are no different than any other assclown claiming the same.  

Are you saying her general point of contrasting herself with Trump - him evil...her good - makes her just like what she's criticizing in him?

25 minutes ago, DonS said:

I wonder if polling from last night showed that people don't care as much about LGBT rhetoric as they believed, as candidates barely even uttered that acronym tonight.  I definitely don't recall any of them specifically saying anything about trans tonight.

Did anyone else notice this? 

I wouldn't have even known Buttigieg was gay aside from one brief comment about him being able to be married.   Booker and Harris kept pointing out race race race on the other hand. 

Probably due to Buttigieg’s presence. You really going to try to claim the LGBTQ mantle when there’s an openly gay man on stage?

Buttigieg doesn’t bring it up because he doesn’t want it to be the only thing that defines him. Which is smart.

43 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Williamson if love is harvested

Delaney

Klobuchar

Gabbard

Ryan

Yang

Hickenlooper

Biden

Butt gig

Williamson if love isn't harvested

Bennet

Warren

Sanders

Beta

Booker

Inslee

Gillibrand

Swallwell

DiBlasio

Harris

Castro

You basically like everyone that has no shot at winning (except Biden).

I’m curious: would you vote for Warren or Sanders over Trump? How about Booker? Let’s say they run a great general election campaign and Trump is Trump.

21 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I’m curious: would you vote for Warren or Sanders over Trump? How about Booker? Let’s say they run a great general election campaign and Trump is Trump.

I wouldn't vote for any of them over Trump. I only like the top four. Them plus Yang or Hickenlooper can come back in 2024 and I'd vote for them if they ran against a Bush/Romney Republican. The Biden to Inslee group would be a tougher call against a Bush/Romney. I completely despise the bottom five and it would take a hardcore Bushtard like John Bolton or D*ck Cheney to even consider them. 

So what I heard tonight was free stuff for illegals and I get to pay for it. No thanks.  And oh yeah the obligatory cops are racist and the pressing issue in the black community. Yawn. 

29 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Probably due to Buttigieg’s presence. You really going to try to claim the LGBTQ mantle when there’s an openly gay man on stage?

Buttigieg doesn’t bring it up because he doesn’t want it to be the only thing that defines him. Which is smart.

Valid point.  It would be like Inslee crowing about he was the women's reproductive rights King while sharing the stage with 3 women. 

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I wouldn't vote for any of them over Trump. I like the top four and the top six can come back in 2024 and I'd vote for them if they ran against a Bush/Romney Republican. The Biden to Inslee group would be a tougher call against a Bush/Romney. I completely despise the bottom five and it would take a hardcore Bushtard like John Bolton or D*ck Cheney to even consider them. 

Fair enough. It’s just you are the most moderate of the righties here. If even you wouldn’t vote for any serious democratic candidate over Trump then why do you guys even bother talking about it?

23 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It's Biden's to lose at this point from the dem nomination.  No way would I vote for the other 3 you mentioned.  Volty's top is my top, love harvesting notwithstanding.

Just now, DonS said:

Valid point.  It would be like Inslee crowing about he was the women's reproductive rights King while sharing the stage with 3 women. 

That didn't work well for him. Meanwhile, I'm sure Buttgig would have loved to steal that page from Klobuchar's playbook if a similar opportunity had presented itself.

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So what I heard tonight was free stuff for illegals and I get to pay for it. No thanks. 

Democrats definitely have to be careful of that for the general election. Focus on the horribleness and moral outrage of what Trump has done on the border and talk less about what you’d do, would be my suggestion to the Dems.

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Democrats definitely have to be careful of that for the general election. Focus on the horribleness and moral outrage of what Trump has done on the border and talk less about what you’d do, would be my suggestion to the Dems.

The immigration thing....

Trump is a fool for not fixing this by now. The separation thing I mean. Whether Obama did it or not, or whatever, stop seperating the kids and improve the optics of the situation.

That said, the dems have demonstrated that they don't care about the immigration problem. So I back Trump on that issue, moronic execution notwithstanding. 

12 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Fair enough. It’s just you are the most moderate of the righties here. If even you wouldn’t vote for any serious democratic candidate over Trump then why do you guys even bother talking about it?

I'm not shopping for a candidate, I already have one,  but I want to see what's out there.  like the top four Democrats on my list and would be fine with the next two. But Trump, despite the egomania and the theatrics,  is doing an outstanding job; far, far better than I 'd hoped or expected and deserves a second term.

Ideally we'd have two parties to choose from in case one goes nuts. Sadly, on the left, that's the Pelosi/Biden/Hillary/Schumer/Perez insiders right now, as always, and I seriously dislike them. Unfortunately, their main rivals for are the social media fanatics of the fringe left who are even worse. When I find myself rooting for the establishment crooks over the reformers, something is seriously wrong.  The Dems need a third way. When I hear Tim Ryan talk, that's the sort of Democrat that I've voted for all my life. I'll vote for that if it's on the table and I wan the Dems to go that way.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

I'm not shopping for a candidate, I already have one,  but I want to see what's out there.  like the top four Democrats on my list and would be fine with the next two. But Trump, despite the egomania and the theatrics,  is doing an outstanding job; far, far better than I 'd hoped or expected and deserves a second term.

Ideally we'd have two parties to choose from in case one goes nuts. Sadly, on the left, that's the Pelosi/Biden/Hillary/Schumer/Perez insiders right now, as always, and I seriously dislike them. Unfortunately, their main rivals for are the social media fanatics of the fringe left who are even worse. When I find myself rooting for the establishment crooks over the reformers, something is seriously wrong.  The Dems need a third way. When I hear Tim Ryan talk, that's the sort of Democrat that I've voted for all my life. I'll vote for that if it's on the table and I wan the Dems to go that way.

Fair enough. My comment wasn’t aimed at you specifically, just that’s it’s odd to see people commenting on who they don’t like in the field when none of you would vote for any of them anyway. But I get it, it’s fun to discuss the horse race.

I gotta say, I liked Yang going in, and he didn't get the airtime, but made the most of it.

was he the only one with an actual plan and a way to pay for it?  Cause I dont remember anyone else with an actual plan

also Bernie is crazier than ever

I thought Kamala held her own until her closing which was hot garbage of nonsense, I was just like what did she just say?

Williamson- All we need is Love...perfect timing with Yesterday opening tomorrow

Dexter dude- waited all night to get his "we gotta break up with Russia" thing in there, and you just know from that grin he was like "NAILED IT"

Biden- was Biden

Buttgig- his hair is so perfect

Hickenlooper is the most rational, I like what he said he's done in Colorado

13 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The immigration thing....

Trump is a fool for not fixing this by now. The separation thing I mean. Whether Obama did it or not, or whatever, stop seperating the kids and improve the optics of the situation.

That said, the dems have demonstrated that they don't care about the immigration problem. So I back Trump on that issue, moronic execution notwithstanding. 

I don’t see it as “optics” so much as straight up human rights violations we would normally and rightfully condemn if it were occurring elsewhere.

And I’d be awful curious to learn of the political ties of the folks getting rich off all this human misery, with their privately run internment camps.

But I’m guessing we’re not going to find much common ground here.

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I gotta say, I liked Yang going in, and he didn't get for airtime, but made the most of it.

was he the only one with an actual plan and a way to pay for it?  Cause I dont remember anyone else with an actual plan

also Bernie is crazier than ever

I thought Kamala held her own until her closing which was hot garbage of nonsense, I was just like what did she just say?

Williamson- All we need is Love...perfect timing with Yesterday opening tomorrow

Dexter dude- waited all night to get his "we gotta break up with Russia" thing in there, and you just know from that grin he was like "NAILED IT" 

Biden- was Biden

Buttgig- his hair is so perfect

Hickenlooper is the most rational, I like what he said he's done in Colorado

So true about Dexter so proud of his little break up / make up rhyme.  

Looked like Buttigieg wanted to smack him when he said (paraphrasing) "you're the mayor, so why not fire the police chief". 

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So what I heard tonight was free stuff for illegals and I get to pay for it. No thanks.  And oh yeah the obligatory cops are racist and the pressing issue in the black community. Yawn. 

Those ten raised hands killed those ten candidates IMO. You can't ask American taxpayers to provide health care and welfare to illegals and also support an open border. If they choose one or the other, I can grit my teeth. Both is insane. Fock them.

Why would anyone NOT walk/swim here if they knew a lifetime of sitting on their ass and getting clothed, housed, fed, educated, and medically cared for was waiting for them? 

• Thanks 1