Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Barcelona

Is my new most favoratests city, that is all

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Are you there? I really want to go to Spain. 

Yeah, heading out later tonight, it is   My new most favorite place though, it usurped Lisbon

18 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Yeah, heading out later tonight, it is   My new most favorite place though, it usurped Lisbon

I have a British friend that works with me here in China. His folks live near granada. He invited us for the summer, but we are going stateside. Maybe next year. Spain looks incredible. 

5 or 6 years ago my wife and I did London, Paris, and Barcelona. Im not sure if its because Barcelona was the last city we visited and we were kind of ready to head home but we didnt like it all that much. What did you like about it?

Just now, Brad GLuckman said:

5 or 6 years ago my wife and I did London, Paris, and Barcelona. Im not sure if its because Barcelona was the last city we visited and we were kind of ready to head home but we didnt like it all that much. What did you like about it?

It just felt welcoming and clean overall. Of course, my most recent visits were to Athens and Naples, which are sh1tholes...

11 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It just felt welcoming and clean overall. Of course, my most recent visits were to Athens and Naples, which are sh1tholes...

Really? Naples looks gorgeous in pictures. And Athens is high on my list too. 

I was there about 12 years ago and I thought it was good not great.  Other than the Gaudi buildings and Picasso museum (they must have had some good drugs back then!), it seemed like a regular city.  Others like yourself seem to love it though so maybe it was just me.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Really? Naples looks gorgeous in pictures. And Athens is high on my list too. 

I would rather be along the coast of Sicily right across the strait than be in Naples at all, dirty, run down, crowded, hot like a docking oven

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

God bless Catalan!!!!

For those posters who think America is a racist pit and Europe is super woke:  the most racist shpiel I ever heard was on a bus ride from Barcelona northeast into the outskirts of Catalonia.  Apparently Catalonians are something of a different race or ethnicity from the rest of Spain.  This tour guide was Spanish and spoke about Catalonians like they were dogs.  We had no idea what was going on but everyone on the bus was like :unsure:

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

For those posters who think America is a racist pit and Europe is super woke:  the most racist shpiel I ever heard was on a bus ride from Barcelona northeast into the outskirts of Catalonia.  Apparently Catalonians are something of a different race or ethnicity from the rest of Spain.  This tour guide was Spanish and spoke about Catalonians like they were dogs.  We had no idea what was going on but everyone on the bus was like :unsure:

True and my people have been fighting to get away from the focked up French and the Spanish idiots. 😂

sevilla, bacelona, valencia are high on the list... next trip to europe may be southern france and coastal spain. would love to visit the pyreness but think that is a different trip.

enjoy :cheers:

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I’d go as far to say America is way up there as the least racist places in the world. It might not even be close, not sure. People don’t know how good they have it til they leave here. 

9 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I’d go as far to say America is way up there as the least racist places in the world. It might not even be close, not sure. People don’t know how good they have it til they leave here. 

Asia is racist as fock. It's more of an innocent ignorance based racism than hate though, at least where black people are concerned. Asking why they don't wash it off, that kind of sh!t.

As regards other kinds of Asians, they get really racist. My wife is seen as lower than by many if not most Chinese.

In regards to white people, there is thus weird dichotomy. On the one hand, they think we are so cool and glamorous, and copy everything we do. On the other hand, they also like to bow up and claim superiority. They are also learning the liberal accusations of racism game.

My wife tells me the middle east was the worst she's seen racism wise. She lived in Kuwait for several years. She said guys would just outright ask her and the other Filipinas "how much" on the street and such. They basically keep slaves over there. 

33 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Asia is racist as fock. It's more of an innocent ignorance based racism than hate though, at least where black people are concerned. Asking why they don't wash it off, that kind of sh!t.

As regards other kinds of Asians, they get really racist. My wife is seen as lower than by many if not most Chinese.

In regards to white people, there is thus weird dichotomy. On the one hand, they think we are so cool and glamorous, and copy everything we do. On the other hand, they also like to bow up and claim superiority. They are also learning the liberal accusations of racism game.

My wife tells me the middle east was the worst she's seen racism wise. She lived in Kuwait for several years. She said guys would just outright ask her and the other Filipinas "how much" on the street and such. They basically keep slaves over there. 

I would agree that when we were in Dubai, it was the most, I dunno, institutional racism.  Different races had different stations and there was really no way of rising out of it.  But I never heard anything like that Spanish tour guide.

2 hours ago, tanatastic said:

But but but A Black man has a hard time getting a cab after midnight in Manhattan!!!

Black guy white guy problems.

Trevor Noah used to do a lot of this before he sold out to the BLM crowd once he got a gig in America.

15 hours ago, RLLD said:

Athens (while the Acropolis was so cool), was an absolute sh!thole when we were there 2 years ago.  Garbage strike... so there was mountains of trash everywhere... oh and did I mention the Syrian refugee tent cities in vacant lots?

44 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Athens (while the Acropolis was so cool), was an absolute sh!thole when we were there 2 years ago.  Garbage strike... so there was mountains of trash everywhere... oh and did I mention the Syrian refugee tent cities in vacant lots?

Either of you boys go to where Sparta was? Worth it? 

I really want to do a long trip in the agean. Athens, a few islands, Istanbul, down the coast of Cappadocia, etc. 

Was considering turkey for our winter trip next year. Now that the wife has a US visa, I'm told that a Turkish one is almost automatic for her. But I think we are going to do a month in India. It's cheaper, and I'm told that for some reason the chinese authorities cause problems if there is a Turkish stamp in your passport.