Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Hunt - More suspension coming?

Is going to a bar and causing enough commotion to get the police called in good for him playing again this year? What a dope.

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/07/01/clip-shows-kareem-hunt-talking-with-police-officers-after-alleged-fight-at-bar-video/

On the other side of the coin. When asked in an interview, what did your coach tell you all about your time off before training camp starts up, James Conner replied "he said, don't get fired on your day off. And come back in shape." :)

I guess that would have been good advice for Hunt and Elliot.

I am in the Cleveland area, but not a Browns fan. They have been talking about this Hunt thing non-stop for over a day now. The overwhelming consensus is much ado about nothing. He got in a small argument with a friend of his. That's about it. The Media are all second guessing his decision to even be out at a bar late at night concerning his circumstances, but nothing will happen from the league because of this incident. Within a few days, no one will care about this. 

6 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I am in the Cleveland area, but not a Browns fan. They have been talking about this Hunt thing non-stop for over a day now. The overwhelming consensus is much ado about nothing. He got in a small argument with a friend of his. That's about it. The Media are all second guessing his decision to even be out at a bar late at night concerning his circumstances, but nothing will happen from the league because of this incident. Within a few days, no one will care about this. 

Problem for Hunt is, the whole league will be looking at this and getting in bar fights that draw a bunch of cops and pulling him out of a bar while he is already serving suspension does not look good for him. A couple guys on NFL radio were talking about him being there was already making Duke Johnson want to go to another team and now crap like this comes up. An ex coach and an ex player were saying how other players notice this stuff and they get pissed.

And I'm sure Goodell is going to be so happy to here  the fight got broken up and no one was seriously injured. No issues at all I'm sure with his coaches either.

IF he actually got in a fight you would have a point, but all indications from credible sources is it was just an argument with a friend nothing close to a fight with punches thrown. You are right that its not a good look for Hunt, but additional league discipline is unlikely. Just the facts...

From ESPN...

"Hunt was not arrested and officers did not make a police report about the incident, a police spokesperson told Cleveland.com. The owner of the bar, Bobby George, told Cleveland.com that Hunt got into a minor altercation with a friend."

I agree with the general consensus that this seems like a very minor incident, but probably not the best look for a guy walking on thin ice with the league.

Why is he out there getting loud with police? Common sense to handle it calmly, one would think.

Common sense? No, not relevant here. It's a 20 something paid millions. Surprised not more of them are f'd up. Put yourself there, 24 and rich. I would be on a partying level you could not believe. Gotta play on Sunday? Fine. I can work that in.

well, I've seen people kicked out for having an argument (even when no fight has taken place)

at that point if you are removed(whether by force or other) and unhappy about it, if the cops are around they are notified and come by to make sure things are cool.

if no police report was written up about it, he couldnt have possibly been misbehaving THAT badly.

I wouldnt worry about THIS.  

44 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

well, I've seen people kicked out for having an argument (even when no fight has taken place)

at that point if you are removed(whether by force or other) and unhappy about it, if the cops are around they are notified and come by to make sure things are cool.

if no police report was written up about it, he couldnt have possibly been misbehaving THAT badly.

I wouldnt worry about THIS.  

Not at all given the outcome. But how much do you trust Hunt stays clean?

18 hours ago, sderk said:

Not at all given the outcome. But how much do you trust Hunt stays clean?

That is another issue entirely.   All I am saying is that nothing will come of this particular incident.

I dont know enough about Hunt to make a reasonable judgement one way or another.     When I saw his interview after the patriots game where he broke out, he seemed like a humble guy and I thought to myself.....'There's a good kid, I hope he does well'

Now his behaviour (and to some degree the way the media has spun this tale) has made me re think this.

I do have a feeling this is one of those situations where you dont know the real story unless you are close to it.   I'm not defending the kid.   I just dont know that we have all of the facts in front of us and I think any speculation on our part may or may not be that close to the truth.

For sure I'll add a risk premium to where I would rank the kid.

I dont know that I'd rate him a DND at this time..... not yet anyways.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

That is another issue entirely.   All I am saying is that nothing will come of this particular incident.

I dont know enough about Hunt to make a reasonable judgement one way or another.     When I saw his interview after the patriots game where he broke out, he seemed like a humble guy and I thought to myself.....'There's a good kid, I hope he does well'

Now his behaviour (and to some degree the way the media has spun this tale) has made me re think this.

I do have a feeling this is one of those situations where you dont know the real story unless you are close to it.   I'm not defending the kid.   I just dont know that we have all of the facts in front of us and I think any speculation on our part may or may not be that close to the truth.

For sure I'll add a risk premium to where I would rank the kid.

I dont know that I'd rate him a DND at this time..... not yet anyways.

No chance is he a DND. And if you get him as a cheaper keeper, the sky is the limit. I agree he said all the right things about his suspention. I pointed that out right off the bat. But there has to be something more behind the Chiefs dumping him so quickly for that stupid hotel thing. Hunt wad never charged with anything was he? Hill was accused of way worse and for some reason Hunt got 8 games and cut. It has to be something deeper than that lame video. If not then the NFL is just plain weird.

1 hour ago, sderk said:

But there has to be something more behind the Chiefs dumping him so quickly for that stupid hotel thing. Hunt wad never charged with anything was he? Hill was accused of way worse and for some reason Hunt got 8 games and cut. It has to be something deeper than that lame video. If not then the NFL is just plain weird.

The explanation when he was released was that he had lied to the team about what happened. With the video's release, everyone saw exactly what happened.