Sign in to follow this  
Drizzay

Fireworks in your neighborhood.

Do you got the full Monty going off at all hours?

MN does not allow the hardcore fireworks, but WI does.  So many make the 30 min drive across the border.

It is about every 5 min now.  We are at dusk, so the big booms are coming more frequently. 

Of course Nextdoor is full of posts by middle aged women complaining about the ankle-biter having anxiety.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

My backyard borders a park and river. Tons of fireworks right now. 

Yea, we are right next to an Elementary school/park.  It is filled with families firing off stuff.  The illegal ones are coming from the skate park.

3 hours ago, Drizzay said:

The illegal ones are coming from the skate park.

Figures. Give them ONE day off from Construction and Landscaping....

If you light off fireworks like m-80's and not the kind that sparkle or shoot in the sky, you  might be a redneck.  Or just a loser. 

Our neighborhood resides in an unincorporated part of the county.  This means anything goes and it's a focking war zone out there. 

We were shooting off fireworks at our high school graduation party. In a nice suburban neighborhood. 

Lit some of those crappy little smoke bombs you can buy. The girls dad whose house it was comes out with three us army orange smoke canisters from Vietnam.

The police were not amused.

Years back, I paid all the neighbor kids a quarter for every used sparkler they could pick up. After their second degree burns, they haven't touched fireworks.

8 hours ago, Drizzay said:

Do you got the full Monty going off at all hours?

MN does not allow the hardcore fireworks, but WI does.  So many make the 30 min drive across the border.

It is about every 5 min now.  We are at dusk, so the big booms are coming more frequently. 

My neighbors but on an unbelievable display...gotta be in the thousands of dollars.  But..they stopped around 10.  There was random crap after that but nothing too bad.

South Carolina allows all kinds of fireworks. One of the best places to buy and shoot them in the US. They were going off as soon as it got dark and kept going well past midnight 

16 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Dog hates them. Trembles.  Was like sleeping next to Michael J Fox.

I have two dogs and every July 4th I camp out in the basement with them so they don’t get nam flashbacks. 

I live in Philly and the 4th is white trash Christmas. It sounded like the neighbors were lighting sticks of dynamite until midnight. I thought my dog was going to shiit the floor. I sat on the deck with a glass of wine inhaling the secondhand chronic and praying some mutant would light himself on fire but sadly it never happened.

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

I sat on the deck with a glass of wine inhaling the secondhand chronic and praying some mutant would light himself on fire but sadly it never happened.

Here are some fireworks fails for you. My all-time favorite starts at 1:37. 😁

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Here are some fireworks fails for you. My all-time favorite starts at 1:37. 😁

That was awesome. :first:

• Thanks 1

I had a family shop with me that was staying at a campground that didn't allow fireworks,so we agreed that if they bought from me they could use my land to shoot.They had a decent show too the best being 24-60 gram artillery shells called Brave New World.

1 hour ago, posty said:

Have you tried the "ThunderShirt"?

https://www.petsmart.com/dog/clothing-and-shoes/stress-and-anxiety/thundershirt-insanely-calmandtrade-dog-anxiety-shirt-5170691.html

Supposedly works...  Never got one for my dog though...

Based on the same principle, we use a weighted blanket to cover him.  It does help somewhat..