Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Tradition of taking Man’s last name

I wonder if the grievance checklist ever runs out or if stuff keeps getting added on forevermore.

13 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

The next target.  What’s your take?

I think if you truly love him, sure take his name. You going to get your driver's license changed?

My sister (left of left) kept her last name.  Been married 20+ years.  But shes always been one of those "smartest people in the room" libtards.  She called me, my brother, and my Dad in 08 to tell us what issues were important to us prior to election.  She quit doing it when we all told her to go fuk herself. 

what kind of phag lets his wife keep her last name, much less hyphenate it

my wife's maiden name was Martinez, damn straight she wanted to get rid of that ASAP especially being an indian, she got Smith and she said even when the divorce is final shes keeping it

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

My sister (left of left) kept her last name.  Been married 20+ years.  But shes always been one of those "smartest people in the room" libtards.  She called me, my brother, and my Dad in 08 to tell us what issues were important to us prior to election.  She quit doing it when we all told her to go fuk herself. 

Nice. 👍

My brother's first ex-wife kept her last name and did not even respond when they called her Mrs. "our last name".  One reason why she is an ex-wife.

I would never, under any circumstances, marry a women who wouldn’t take my last name. Only c*nts do this. 

Honestly, I don't really have an issue either way.  To me, it makes sense to have a common last name though.  It shows family unity between mom, dad, and kids.  It's really easier.  I'm thinking most women who won't/don't change their last names are either famous, has already made a name for herself in a chosen field, or is a self righteous b!tch.

In the past, it's never really been an issue because people were getting married earlier in life and really weren't at a "professional level" prior to marriage.  Today, with millennial being wussies, they wait longer and their careers are more aptly set.  I think with the next generation, they'll be more normal and the "issue" (if there is one), will go away.

My wife is a teacher...  I told her that she could keep her maiden name because it is much easier to pronounce and spell than my last name...

She took my name anyway because she didn't care about that and only wanted to avoid explaining when we had kids...

It's slowly been happening for years.  My ex best friends wife didn't take his last name.  She is as you'd imagine, focking weird and annoying and was woke twenty years before woke was a thing.  

11 minutes ago, posty said:

My wife is a teacher...  I told her that she could keep her maiden name because it is much easier to pronounce and spell than my last name...

She took my name anyway because she didn't care about that and only wanted to avoid explaining when we had kids...

What’s your last name?

5 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

What’s your last name?

Aren't you the detective?

;)

Just now, Alias Detective said:

Of alias’s.  :doh:

You can't expand?  A detective is a detective, no?

Should be woman’s choice, I don’t care either way. More important things in life to worry about.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Of alias’s.  :doh:

Well, once married his wife's name is an Alias for her maiden name.  So, figure it out Aliasman.

So Newbie is now going to take his dog's last name? Newbie Precious?

28 minutes ago, posty said:

Cuck

More women are taking their new husbands’ names after marriage, research shows. But the decision continues to spark debate and confusion.

The trend toward women keeping their maiden names after marriage peaked in the 1990s, when about 23% of women did so, then eased gradually to about 18% in the 2000s, says a 35-year-study published in 2009 in the journal Social Behavior and Personality. And increasingly, studies show women’s decisions on the issue are guided by factors other than political or religious ideas about women’s rights or marital roles, as often believed.

https://blogs.wsj.com/juggle/2011/05/08/the-name-change-dilemma/

This article is old however it still holds true.

I told my wife she had to take my last name. For me it was all about building a family. My kids will say we are the Cdub family. It leads to less confusion.

I always wondered when people who hyphen thier last name and give the kids the hyphenated last name what do those kids do when they grow up? Do they add another hyphen? What if their spouse has a hyphenated last name? 

My wife offered to take my name, but I told her to keep hers.  It’s a cool Irish name and mine is a boring common name.  Hers is much better.

3 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Should be woman’s choice, I don’t care either way. More important things in life to worry about.

#WomensRightToChoose 

5 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

The next target.  What’s your take?

Those that would oppose this don't Marry Men, they Marry Boys

Of the Soy variety

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I wonder if the grievance checklist ever runs out or if stuff keeps getting added on forevermore.

Well, the professional grievance groups, race baiters and perpetual whiners would all be out of a job if that list was finite so OF COURSE they need to make sh#t up every year and add it to the list.

One of our friends from high school married this bride who is a hireling all about cool her husband is. I'm sure she was the same way in high school and only dated the quarterback. She literally references herself as "mrs. Ira Goldstein DDS". ,( Not his real name.)

you guys may be surprised to know that in real life I don't have much of a filter. So at our class reunion, she tried to pull that crap with me. I just looked at her dead in the eye and said "you realize you are absolutely none of those names right?"

Reminds me. I don't think I've gotten a Hanukkah card from them since 2005.

Point of the story. I'm not sure what's worse. Some broad who won't take your name at all. Or some Broad whose entire identity is rolled up in your title and profession.

I don't really mind the name thing. Seems like a complete hassle. Drivers license, passport, blah blah blah. But refusing to change the name seems to be often times a harbinger of cuuntiness to come.

My wife uses my name on Facebook and when she meets people and such, but it's not her legal name. Changing her national ID, passport, Chinese visa, and US visa would be a massive pita and cost a lot of time and a little money. 

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

My wife uses my name on Facebook and when she meets people and such, but it's not her legal name. Changing her national ID, passport, Chinese visa, and US visa would be a massive pita and cost a lot of time and a little money. 

Cuck!

Just kidding.

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I always wondered when people who hyphen thier last name and give the kids the hyphenated last name what do those kids do when they grow up? Do they add another hyphen? What if their spouse has a hyphenated last name? 

Can I get an answer for this from our woke members?

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Cuck!

Just kidding.

Ive honestly never cared. Take mine, keep yours, whatever. Of course I've never had any intention to breed either. 

A family friend mother kept her maiden name.  Their children have a hyphenated name of the parents last names...

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Ive honestly never cared. Take mine, keep yours, whatever. Of course I've never had any intention to breed either. 

My wife has a super common name. I have a long unusual one that wouldn’t go well with hers. Between that and the hassle of getting it formally changed she asked “Do you care if I don’t change my name?” I said no as long as any kids we have took mine. We have one son and he has my dad’s name. I’m good.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

My wife has a super common name. I have a long unusual one that wouldn’t go well with hers. Between that and the hassle of getting it formally changed she asked “Do you care if I don’t change my name?” I said no as long as any kids we have took mine. We have one son and he has my dad’s name. I’m good.

You call your kid "Dad"?

Weird.

AOC was trying to say some nonsense about that. How it was a Latin thing. And that was my first thought too. After a couple generations your last name is not going to be able to fit on legal paper much less a driver's license.

7 minutes ago, posty said:

A family friend mother kept her maiden name.  Their children have a hyphenated name of the parents last names...

What happens when someone with a hyphenated name marries someone with a hyphenated name? Keep the names? What about the kids? Sherry Diamond Thomas-Morris-Smith-Goldenstien

I have a rare last name and wanted a lot of kids. Clearly for this issue, China was the wrong place to go to find a wife. I should have went to Mali, the women there are far more reasonable.

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

What happens when someone with a hyphenated name marries someone with a hyphenated name? Keep the names? What about the kids? Sherry Diamond Thomas-Morris-Smith-Goldenstien

Ask a mexican. Tons of them have 43 last names. It's kinda hilarious