Sign in to follow this  
iam90sbaby

Think the new little mermaid movie is bad? Soon spider man will be ghey

When superman is played by Kaitlyn Jenner? :dunno:

Or even maybe a bigger pvssy,  Newbie. 😣

• Haha 1

That isn't web stuff that he's shooting out in ropes. 

• Haha 1

4% of Americans identify as LGBT. Now there is talk of of 1 of 60+ super heroes possibly being gay at some point in the future.

Geek Club asks “When does it end?”

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

4% of Americans identify as LGBT. Now there is talk of of 1 of 60+ super heroes possibly being gay at some point in the future.

I guess you never heard of Zorro? Or Tom Brady? It's not just one. 

Wolverine and Hercules were a couple in a Marvel Comic not long ago - two among many openly gay or bi-sexual characters in recent superhero history.  When you have alternate universes, a lot of stuff gets weird.  Get over it.  Disney wont ever put in in film because it will be banned in some of the cash-cow countries, anyhow.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/wolverine-hercules-gay-kiss-alternate-universe-photo_n_2760191

16 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Wow a long forgotten lib returns. Key with those is they are alternate universes 

"Into the Spiderverse" is the best Spiderman movie ever made.  "Alternate Universe" doesn't mean anything in a made-up fantasy multi-verse and they even frequently cross over.  It doesn't lessen the relevance of a storyline.  It's just a way to create new stories for established characters without trampling over previous canon.

And I've hardly been forgotten if you still remember me.  :cheers:

26 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Wow a long forgotten lib returns. Key with those is they are alternate universes 

St. Elistan is good people

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

Why can’t we use your logic in the Lil Murrmaid thread? Only 13% of Americans are black, why are they are so over represented in the media? 

1 hour ago, Saint Elistan said:

"Into the Spiderverse" is the best Spiderman movie ever made.  "Alternate Universe" doesn't mean anything in a made-up fantasy multi-verse and they even frequently cross over.  It doesn't lessen the relevance of a storyline.  It's just a way to create new stories for established characters without trampling over previous canon.

And I've hardly been forgotten if you still remember me.  :cheers:

I agree, the point I was trying to say is that they are alternate, not changing the entire character to fit some agenda.  Spiderman for example has always been Maryjane, Superman Lois Lane, just making a character gay just cause 2019 is a lame reason

21 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Why can’t we use your logic in the Lil Murrmaid thread? Only 13% of Americans are black, why are they are so over represented in the media? 

“In the media” is too vague. I don’t know how we’d do that study without cherry picking.

I mean, if we stick with super hero’s and go by the top 25 characters in Avengers Endgame, 4 are black. That’s about in line with your numbers. 

So do you mean all movies? TV dramas? Sitcoms? Characters in books? Reporters? Writers? Talk show hosts? Or do you just generally feel black people are way over represented as a whole?

1 minute ago, cbfalcon said:

“In the media” is too vague. I don’t know how we’d do that study without cherry picking.

I mean, if we stick with super hero’s and go by the top 25 characters in Avengers Endgame, 4 are black. That’s about in line with your numbers. 

So do you mean all movies? TV dramas? Sitcoms? Characters in books? Reporters? Writers? Talk show hosts? Or do you just generally feel black people are way over represented as a whole?

Have you watched any commercials in the last ten years? 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Have you watched any commercials in the last ten years? 

No, none. What is the percentage breakdown of representation in all commercials in the last 10 years? 

4 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

No, none. What is the percentage breakdown of representation in all commercials in the last 10 years? 

At least 14-15% black!  :cry:

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

At least 14-15% black!  :cry:

Oh shiiit. I didn’t realize it had gotten this bad for us white people. :unsure:

the whole point is, people would be flipping a lid if a Moana remake came out with a blonde princess.  We are tired of the nonsense, write a good story about a black character (ex Black Panther) and people don't care, take something we know and change it only for the purpose of being 2019 and we are going to speak up

46 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I know I gamed with him eons ago, doesn't mean hes not a lib

Why is it relevant?

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Why is it relevant?

I was just giving him sh1t, everything is ball barrings 

and just by knowing his affiliation we already knew where he stood

31 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

A lot to a little. And don't forget the always dumb white dad. That guy is getting a workout. 

35 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

the whole point is, people would be flipping a lid if a Moana remake came out with a blonde princess.  We are tired of the nonsense, write a good story about a black character (ex Black Panther) and people don't care, take something we know and change it only for the purpose of being 2019 and we are going to speak up

Instead of feeling like it’s ok to flip out about this because they would flip out about that, why not break the cycle? 

43 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I remember several threads with Geeks tilting over Black Panther. Some people are just determined to be butthurt and outraged.

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

I remember several threads with Geeks tilting over Black Panther. Some people are just determined to be butthurt and outraged.

Really?  Thats pretty stupid.

48 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I was just giving him sh1t, everything is ball barrings 

and just by knowing his affiliation we already knew where he stood

Getting virtually anyone back, regardless of which side of the fence they are on is a win.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Getting virtually anyone back, regardless of which side of the fence they are on is a win.

Hard times around here?  What did I miss!?

5 minutes ago, Saint Elistan said:

right "leaning" highfivin', mean girl circle jerk

6 minutes ago, Saint Elistan said:

Focking Trump!  :mad:

Focking Hillary! :mad:

Focking Republicans!  :mad:

Focking Libs! :mad:

I think that covers it. 

Edit: oh, and we all banged your mom

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

Focking Trump!  :mad:

Focking Hillary! :mad:

Focking Republicans!  :mad:

Focking Libs! :mad:

I think that covers it. 

Edit: oh, and we all banged your mom

And Digby lost his medical license and his Medal of Honor. Newbie kept the spray tan and stupid. 

9 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I like you better when you discuss food.  😯

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I like you better when you discuss food.  😯

not an accurate report of GC events?

12 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I recall a time pre-trump when the lefties had the run of this place. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And Digby lost his medical license and his Medal of Honor. Newbie kept the spray tan and stupid. 

Nobody can ever take those things away.  Has Edjr kept a kid yet?

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I recall a time pre-trump when the lefties had the run of this place. 

we had plenty of obama bashing.  just more lefties around to play volleyball. 

clinton era?  but even then we had the push from rush.

It is typical to hear about how bad the party/president is from the other side.  The GC has very few left "leaning" members willing to engage in conversation. It dissolves much quicker than it used to. 

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

we had plenty of obama bashing.  just more lefties around to play volleyball. 

clinton era?  but even then we had the push from rush.

It is typical to hear about how bad the party/president is from the other side.  The GC has very few left "leaning" members willing to engage in conversation. It dissolves much quicker than it used to. 

I guess. But no one made the ones who did engage leave. I'm with you, I wish they would come back. Maybe not Shonuff, but the rest. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I guess. But no one made the ones who did engage leave. I'm with you, I wish they would come back. Maybe not Shonuff, but the rest. 

speculating, but there are a lot of hostile righies here. not all, but enough to f up decent discussions. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

speculating, but there are a lot of hostile righies here. not all, but enough to f up decent discussions. 

What we need, given his stature, is have Newbie beat them all up.

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

What we need, given his stature, is have Newbie beat them all up.

Newbie kicking anyone's ass would not make him more right or wrong, unless the topic is if he can kick someone's ass.

8 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Newbie kicking anyone's ass would not make him more right or wrong, unless the topic is if he can kick someone's ass.

He would have to beat up one of the middle schooler's first at the school where he is a janitor. But the outlook is bleak for him. He is currently 0 for 22. And the boys there won't even fight him cause they require him to get past at least one of the girls first. Maybe he can get a job at a preschool scraping up vomit (he has the resume in place for this)  and challenge one of those kids. Still, outlook bleak.

And it is safe to say, he is always wrong.