Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
iam90sbaby

Think the new little mermaid movie is bad? Soon spider man will be ghey

Recommended Posts

When superman is played by Kaitlyn Jenner? :dunno:

Or even maybe a bigger pvssy,  Newbie. 😣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4% of Americans identify as LGBT. Now there is talk of of 1 of 60+ super heroes possibly being gay at some point in the future.

Geek Club asks “When does it end?”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

4% of Americans identify as LGBT. Now there is talk of of 1 of 60+ super heroes possibly being gay at some point in the future.

Geek Club asks “When does it end?”

I guess you never heard of Zorro? Or Tom Brady? It's not just one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wolverine and Hercules were a couple in a Marvel Comic not long ago - two among many openly gay or bi-sexual characters in recent superhero history.  When you have alternate universes, a lot of stuff gets weird.  Get over it.  Disney wont ever put in in film because it will be banned in some of the cash-cow countries, anyhow.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/wolverine-hercules-gay-kiss-alternate-universe-photo_n_2760191

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Wow a long forgotten lib returns. Key with those is they are alternate universes 

"Into the Spiderverse" is the best Spiderman movie ever made.  "Alternate Universe" doesn't mean anything in a made-up fantasy multi-verse and they even frequently cross over.  It doesn't lessen the relevance of a storyline.  It's just a way to create new stories for established characters without trampling over previous canon.

And I've hardly been forgotten if you still remember me.  :cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Wow a long forgotten lib returns. Key with those is they are alternate universes 

St. Elistan is good people

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

4% of Americans identify as LGBT. Now there is talk of of 1 of 60+ super heroes possibly being gay at some point in the future.

Geek Club asks “When does it end?”

Why can’t we use your logic in the Lil Murrmaid thread? Only 13% of Americans are black, why are they are so over represented in the media? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saint Elistan said:

"Into the Spiderverse" is the best Spiderman movie ever made.  "Alternate Universe" doesn't mean anything in a made-up fantasy multi-verse and they even frequently cross over.  It doesn't lessen the relevance of a storyline.  It's just a way to create new stories for established characters without trampling over previous canon.

And I've hardly been forgotten if you still remember me.  :cheers:

I agree, the point I was trying to say is that they are alternate, not changing the entire character to fit some agenda.  Spiderman for example has always been Maryjane, Superman Lois Lane, just making a character gay just cause 2019 is a lame reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Why can’t we use your logic in the Lil Murrmaid thread? Only 13% of Americans are black, why are they are so over represented in the media? 

“In the media” is too vague. I don’t know how we’d do that study without cherry picking.

I mean, if we stick with super hero’s and go by the top 25 characters in Avengers Endgame, 4 are black. That’s about in line with your numbers. 

So do you mean all movies? TV dramas? Sitcoms? Characters in books? Reporters? Writers? Talk show hosts? Or do you just generally feel black people are way over represented as a whole?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cbfalcon said:

“In the media” is too vague. I don’t know how we’d do that study without cherry picking.

I mean, if we stick with super hero’s and go by the top 25 characters in Avengers Endgame, 4 are black. That’s about in line with your numbers. 

So do you mean all movies? TV dramas? Sitcoms? Characters in books? Reporters? Writers? Talk show hosts? Or do you just generally feel black people are way over represented as a whole?

 

 

Have you watched any commercials in the last ten years? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Have you watched any commercials in the last ten years? 

No, none. What is the percentage breakdown of representation in all commercials in the last 10 years? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

No, none. What is the percentage breakdown of representation in all commercials in the last 10 years? 

At least 14-15% black!  :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MDC said:

At least 14-15% black!  :cry:

Oh shiiit. I didn’t realize it had gotten this bad for us white people. :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the whole point is, people would be flipping a lid if a Moana remake came out with a blonde princess.  We are tired of the nonsense, write a good story about a black character (ex Black Panther) and people don't care, take something we know and change it only for the purpose of being 2019 and we are going to speak up

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I know I gamed with him eons ago, doesn't mean hes not a lib

 

Why is it relevant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Why is it relevant?

I was just giving him sh1t, everything is ball barrings 

and just by knowing his affiliation we already knew where he stood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

No, none. What is the percentage breakdown of representation in all commercials in the last 10 years? 

A lot to a little. And don't forget the always dumb white dad. That guy is getting a workout. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

the whole point is, people would be flipping a lid if a Moana remake came out with a blonde princess.  We are tired of the nonsense, write a good story about a black character (ex Black Panther) and people don't care, take something we know and change it only for the purpose of being 2019 and we are going to speak up

 

Instead of feeling like it’s ok to flip out about this because they would flip out about that, why not break the cycle? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

the whole point is, people would be flipping a lid if a Moana remake came out with a blonde princess.  We are tired of the nonsense, write a good story about a black character (ex Black Panther) and people don't care, take something we know and change it only for the purpose of being 2019 and we are going to speak up

 

I remember several threads with Geeks tilting over Black Panther. Some people are just determined to be butthurt and outraged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MDC said:

I remember several threads with Geeks tilting over Black Panther. Some people are just determined to be butthurt and outraged.

Really?  Thats pretty stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I was just giving him sh1t, everything is ball barrings 

and just by knowing his affiliation we already knew where he stood

Getting virtually anyone back, regardless of which side of the fence they are on is a win.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Getting virtually anyone back, regardless of which side of the fence they are on is a win.

Hard times around here?  What did I miss!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Saint Elistan said:

Hard times around here?  What did I miss!?

right "leaning" highfivin', mean girl circle jerk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Saint Elistan said:

Hard times around here?  What did I miss!?

Focking Trump!  :mad:

Focking Hillary! :mad:

Focking Republicans!  :mad:

Focking Libs! :mad:

I think that covers it. 

Edit: oh, and we all banged your mom

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DonS said:

Focking Trump!  :mad:

Focking Hillary! :mad:

Focking Republicans!  :mad:

Focking Libs! :mad:

I think that covers it. 

Edit: oh, and we all banged your mom

And Digby lost his medical license and his Medal of Honor. Newbie kept the spray tan and stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

right "leaning" highfivin', mean girl circle jerk

I like you better when you discuss food.  😯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I like you better when you discuss food.  😯

not an accurate report of GC events?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

right "leaning" highfivin', mean girl circle jerk

I recall a time pre-trump when the lefties had the run of this place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And Digby lost his medical license and his Medal of Honor. Newbie kept the spray tan and stupid. 

Nobody can ever take those things away.  Has Edjr kept a kid yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I recall a time pre-trump when the lefties had the run of this place. 

we had plenty of obama bashing.  just more lefties around to play volleyball. 

clinton era?  but even then we had the push from rush.

 

It is typical to hear about how bad the party/president is from the other side.  The GC has very few left "leaning" members willing to engage in conversation. It dissolves much quicker than it used to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

we had plenty of obama bashing.  just more lefties around to play volleyball. 

clinton era?  but even then we had the push from rush.

 

It is typical to hear about how bad the party/president is from the other side.  The GC has very few left "leaning" members willing to engage in conversation. It dissolves much quicker than it used to. 

I guess. But no one made the ones who did engage leave. I'm with you, I wish they would come back. Maybe not Shonuff, but the rest. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I guess. But no one made the ones who did engage leave. I'm with you, I wish they would come back. Maybe not Shonuff, but the rest. 

speculating, but there are a lot of hostile righies here. not all, but enough to f up decent discussions. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

speculating, but there are a lot of hostile righies here. not all, but enough to f up decent discussions. 

 What we need, given his stature, is have Newbie beat them all up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

 What we need, given his stature, is have Newbie beat them all up.

Newbie kicking anyone's ass would not make him more right or wrong, unless the topic is if he can kick someone's ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Newbie kicking anyone's ass would not make him more right or wrong, unless the topic is if he can kick someone's ass.

He would have to beat up one of the middle schooler's first at the school where he is a janitor. But the outlook is bleak for him. He is currently 0 for 22. And the boys there won't even fight him cause they require him to get past at least one of the girls first. Maybe he can get a job at a preschool scraping up vomit (he has the resume in place for this)  and challenge one of those kids. Still, outlook bleak.

And it is safe to say, he is always wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×