Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round Four-Eight Commentary - July Mock 2019 **

I was deciding between White and Coleman.  The new rookie steered me to the team with the other two guys coming off injury, and former OC calling plays

I was taking Coleman if you took White. Great minds think alike! 🙄

ICEMAN

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice job taking Boyd from me, Landry. To be honest, I'm about even on Boyd vs. Kupp. Would have taken Boyd b/c he is healthier, but I do like Kupp's upside more.

Mike K. will have my 7.02 pick when Ralph makes his selections at the turn. Prepare to be dazzled and amazed. 🤓

People need to stop looking at my cheatsheets.  I was excited to get either Ridley or White and then they both went back to back in front of me.  I had Boyd and Kupp pretty close behind Ridley, so it wasn't a huge loss.  I think Boyd is more of a low-end WR2, so I'm happy to have him as my WR3.  I debated back and forth with Kupp, but I think Boyd is a little steadier (less competition for targets).  And I already had Woods..    

I was really tempted to take Boyd, since I already had 3 quality RB's, but at this point (especially in a PPR league) White was just to good to pass up and I also knew that me selecting him would hamstring some other drafters that still only have 2 RB's.

ICEMAN

It’s been over 3 hours.

4 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

I'm giving him a little longer since he has 2 picks but if he's not here by 10:45 AM Central, I'll make the picks.

........and there will go the two top adp players for sure.

23 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

Tried to text a little while ago 

Yeah me too. He usually responds. I actually text him pretty early. Hope everything is ok

57 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Yeah me too. He usually responds. I actually text him pretty early. Hope everything is ok

Yep....me too now that it has been so long and I complained above.  Hope all is well.

My apologies about my absence gents.  I had a gig come up and wasn't able to pick.  Thanks for the WRs - it's what I was going to draft anyway.  :)

3 minutes ago, ralphster said:

My apologies about my absence gents.  I had a gig come up and wasn't able to pick.  Thanks for the WRs - it's what I was going to draft anyway.  :)

It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again......

This is where I think that it's smart to move on Ebron. I know that people are high on him due to his output last year and that they are expecting the Colts Offense to kick ass this year (which I think it will). I just think that looking at his historical performance combined with the return of Doyle (and other offensive weapons through the draft and Free Agency) and natural regression to the mean will not allow him to come anywhere near last years results. Great pick at this point of the draft.

ICEMAN

Oh hey, is this thing still happening 😋

Decided it was time to take a TE.  I wanted a better one but the opportunity never came up and I don't want to wait much longer so Njoku it is.  I think this Browns team is really starting to turn things around.  They are doing a great job of gathering young talent.

The Browns are indeed collecting talent... will targets that need to go elsewhere come at the expense of Njoku?

Also Cook going to kick asss with Breese this year. Book It.

I had hoped to land Njoku, nice snipe...

• Like 1

Wasn't sure where to go in the 8th round.  There were a lot of options for me but decided to add depth to my WRs.  Pettis should be the main target in the passing game other than Kittle for the Niners.  I'm expecting him to get plenty of targets.  Solid WR4 for me.

43 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Wasn't sure where to go in the 8th round.  There were a lot of options for me but decided to add depth to my WRs.  Pettis should be the main target in the passing game other than Kittle for the Niners.  I'm expecting him to get plenty of targets.  Solid WR4 for me.

I like him.

47 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Was definitely a consideration for me at 7.02.

7 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

Was definitely a consideration for me at 7.02.

Good pick up in 8th round. I would have taken him at 8.04 so I took Corey Davis as my WR4 instead. Had them both very close.

Now that wasn't nice at all RC! I think Kirk is going to break out in a BIG way this season with Murray at the helm. He has some familiarity with him already, since he was on the Aggies with him in 2015. Nice pick.

ICEMAN

41 minutes ago, ICEMAN said:

Now that wasn't nice at all RC! I think Kirk is going to break out in a BIG way this season with Murray at the helm. He has some familiarity with him already, since he was on the Aggies with him in 2015. Nice pick.

ICEMAN

I would have taken Kirk here had I been going for another receiver.

38 minutes ago, ICEMAN said:

ICEMAN

This offense is gonna have a lot of pieces.  I was hoping to land he or Pettis  as my #3 wr..  

Starting Lineup -

QB : Aaron Rodgers

RB: Joe Mixon, Devonta Freeman

WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Stefon Diggs, DJ Moore

TE : Austin Hooper

😐