Sign in to follow this  
jenkins

Keeper Question - This is a tough one!

Lot of rules around keepers in my league, but basically we can only keep 2 players.  And we can keep them twice, so you have them for 3 years.  I have to choose between:

Mahomes

D. Williams

Kittle

Am I crazy to consider keeping Williams and Kittle instead of Mahomes??  I just figure that I may be able to get a QB later that won't have as big as a gap between Kittle and whatever TE I get later.

if you can throw them all back and draft from the first round then that would be my first choice.

Are TD passes worth 4 or 6?

8 hours ago, jenkins said:

Lot of rules around keepers in my league, but basically we can only keep 2 players.  And we can keep them twice, so you have them for 3 years.  I have to choose between:

Mahomes

D. Williams

Kittle

Am I crazy to consider keeping Williams and Kittle instead of Mahomes??  I just figure that I may be able to get a QB later that won't have as big as a gap between Kittle and whatever TE I get later.

Do you have to give a round pick associated with where you drafted them? If so, I'm guessing you didn't pay up big for Mahomes nor Kittle. I would love to start out with them as value keepers. Mahomes lost Hunt which is bad, and if Tyreek gets any suspension from the team or whatever, that would be bad. Plus, teams will defend them differently. Maybe not as good as this year, but if you have him as a straight up keeper or let's say you have to give up a 7th rounder. I would keep him. Same for Kittle.

Don't have to give up any rounds.  Just straight up choose 2 to keep.  We play with a flex, so I was thinking Williams was key to have at least one starting RB.

21 hours ago, jenkins said:

Mahomes

D. Williams

Kittle

anytime you have a player who is top 3 at his position you should keep him (in my opinion)

in this case you have a top 3 QB and a top 3 TE.

Unless you have a lot of people in your league hoarding RB's I'd keep Mahomes and Kittle.

Williams looks like he is set for a breakout year, but there are no guarantees here.   he is a considerably less proven commodity than Mahomes and Kittle.  I understand he had 3 or 4 good games in Miami late last year, and one good game the year before, but that's not enough of a track record that I'd consider making him a keeper over the other two choices.

it is also worth noting that Hyde is a starting Caliber player, so even though Williams has the inside track to be the starter,  he may have a very short leash even if he wins the job.

So I'd advise you to take the sure thing in Mahomes and Williams.  you will have 2 positions (TE & QB) where you will outscore your opponents most of the time going into draft day.

Thats a good place to be.

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

anytime you have a player who is top 3 at his position you should keep him (in my opinion)

in this case you have a top 3 QB and a top 3 TE.

Unless you have a lot of people in your league hoarding RB's I'd keep Mahomes and Kittle.

Williams looks like he is set for a breakout year, but there are no guarantees here.   he is a considerably less proven commodity than Mahomes and Kittle.  I understand he had 3 or 4 good games in Miami late last year, and one good game the year before, but that's not enough of a track record that I'd consider making him a keeper over the other two choices.

it is also worth noting that Hyde is a starting Caliber player, so even though Williams has the inside track to be the starter,  he may have a very short leash even if he wins the job.

So I'd advise you to take the sure thing in Mahomes and Williams.  you will have 2 positions (TE & QB) where you will outscore your opponents most of the time going into draft day.

Thats a good place to be.

I'm with you on this. Simply given what Mahomes did last year is reason enough to give him another shot this year. Unless like you mentioned, if a lot of RBs are being kept, let's say 11 other teams are keeping 2 RBs each, then that's when you think about keeping the running back over Mahomes. Kittle is a no brainer.

I don't know that Williams is an automatic keeper.  He is no spring chicken - turning 27 before the season starts and has had an undistinguished NFL career until the end of last season.  I think it is just a fluke that all the stars aligned for him last year.  Despite all of the coach-speak, Williams is nothing more than a serviceable back and I don't think Carlos Hyde was signed to ride the pine.  This will be more of a time share than most care to admit.

3 hours ago, Showboat said:

I don't know that Williams is an automatic keeper.  He is no spring chicken - turning 27 before the season starts and has had an undistinguished NFL career until the end of last season.  I think it is just a fluke that all the stars aligned for him last year.  Despite all of the coach-speak, Williams is nothing more than a serviceable back and I don't think Carlos Hyde was signed to ride the pine.  This will be more of a time share than most care to admit.

Yeah. I have heard many football folks that think that this could be a big year for Hyde.

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:48 PM, jenkins said:

Mahomes

D. Williams

Kittle

Yes that would be crazy, Hyde is now on board, and he will play a lot.