Sign in to follow this  
nospk

Anyone ever win a contest?

Got a phone call this morning saying I won a contest I had entered. Sponsored by Pepsi and Meijer. Won 4 tix to a Detroit Tigers game in Sept. includes parking pass, I get a Tigers jersey custom sized, along with 3 t shirts for the other 3 guests. Won $50 to spend at the park and a $250 Meijer gift card. But the best part is that we all get to go on the playing field before the game and play catch! Jackpot! 

Very exciting

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 leg ass kicking contest

• Haha 1

I don't know, you would be going to a Tigers game...

Are you really "winning"?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, posty said:

Been going to every Friday night home game for years, its payback time for all the money spent there 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, posty said:

I pulled over in the Tiger's parking lot to look up a phone number. There is a church at one end of the lot. It had a big banner up across the front. It said:

Pray For the Tigers Here

4 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

I pulled over in the Tiger's parking lot to look up a phone number. There is a church at one end of the lot. It had a big banner up across the front. It said:

Pray For the Tigers Here

But they have never lost a playoff series to the Yankers

59 minutes ago, nospk said:

Got a phone call this morning saying I won a contest I had entered. Sponsored by Pepsi and Meijer. Won 4 tix to a Detroit Tigers game in Sept. includes parking pass, I get a Tigers jersey custom sized, along with 3 t shirts for the other 3 guests. Won $50 to spend at the park and a $250 Meijer gift card. But the best part is that we all get to go on the playing field before the game and play catch! Jackpot! 

Very exciting

I'm pretty sure they are just giving those out.

Congrats all the same

• Haha 2

Very cool!! 😎

I've only ever won tickets on radio shows, as a matter of fact I won 2 this morning. 😋

• Thanks 1

leg wrestling.

i only lost once.

In high school my then GF won tickets to a GoGo's concert. We went for the hell of it. Flock of Seagulls opened up the show. It was actually kind of fun. "And I raaaaan, I ran so far awaaaay....Couldn't get away."

• Haha 1

Way back in the day I entered a contest from one of the metal magazines, I think it was hit parade but not sure. Anyway first place was Metallica came and played in your garage. I won....second place with like 50 other people which was a set of steak knives, I'm mean a copy of the MoP album and they listed our names in the magazine. 

• Haha 1

What was second place? 8 tickets to a tigers game?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I won a shark toof contest once. 

• Like 1

I won a contest (sort of) by People Magazine called All Stars Among Us. With the MLB all star game they recognized 3 people per team that did things they considered above and beyond. The charity I run in the D.R. was nominated 

I got to represent my Cubs, got introduced on the field at Wrigley before a game.  I didnt win the final..but making top 90 in the country still ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 5-Points said:

I won a shark toof contest once. 

Same.  👍

There was a fashion/design website called Polyvore started by former Yahoo engineers. It had a great run. Lots of companies sponsored contests for creating visual storyboards for marketing initiatives and sometimes they partnered with public figures. Wendy's sponsored a set of contests for a range of salads one Summer and Molly Sims chose a winner for each salad fashion storyboard :bandana: I won $1,000 for the Asian Cashew salad contest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sderk said:

In high school my then GF won tickets to a GoGo's concert. We went for the hell of it. Flock of Seagulls opened up the show. It was actually kind of fun. "And I raaaaan, I ran so far awaaaay....Couldn't get away."

Belinda was hawt as all fock for awhile....While the weird hairdoo dude from FOS looked kinda goofy, I liked some of their music also. :cheers:

5 hours ago, kutulu said:

Way back in the day I entered a contest from one of the metal magazines, I think it was hit parade but not sure. Anyway first place was Metallica came and played in your garage. I won....second place with like 50 other people which was a set of steak knives

Back in 1982, Metallica made their recorded debut on the Metal Blade compilation

I guess It makes sense, even though this post doesn't. 
Fuk...Can't get rid to the text from my C n P 

Trip to LA from howard stern show to see Jimmy Kimmel show... few show in from when it began.  Bababooie bought us a drink in the hotel lobby ..roosevelt hotel I think. 

Got to hang in green room eat great food. Met Kimmel and Sarah Silverman 

Won pearl jam tickets twice and a 1000 twice. Job back then had the best *9 speed dial ever

1 minute ago, drobeski said:

Trip to LA from howard stern show to see Jimmy Kimmel show... few show in from when it began.  Bababooie bought us a drink in the hotel lobby ..roosevelt hotel I think. 

Got to hang in green room eat great food. Met Kimmel and Sarah Silverman 

Won pearl jam tickets twice and a 1000 twice. Job back then had the best *9 speed dial ever

Aside from the daily threads here, you mean? 

:D

41 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Back in 1982, Metallica made their recorded debut on the Metal Blade compilation

I guess It makes sense, even though this post doesn't. 
Fuk...Can't get rid to the text from my C n P 

I went to school in Winnipeg and occasionally worked under the table at a theater there. And when I say I worked there, it was random ushering gigs at a local theater for anywhere from $7 to $16 for coming in and ushering a show in a night. Couple hours of not doing much. Maybe once every couple  weeks for some extra spending cash. They had all kinds of shows at the theater but nothing like this one night when out of the blue they brought in Metallica opened by Metal Church. I think it was December 1986.  I was actually assigned an exit door to protect. I have never experienced loud like the kind of loud I heard that night. And here is why:

This was the theater:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pantages+playhouse+winnipeg&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS841US841&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=850gg7xHSPsmoM%3A%2CuW9kB2GAVZ_odM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSauj6vrRwPonf6vezZ6I_0d9_ptQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjIopiB-6vjAhVYVc0KHcuoAzsQ9QEwAnoECAMQBg#imgrc=850gg7xHSPsmoM:

The place was freaking tiny.

After Metal Church finished their set, the lead singer came out to the audience while Metallica was starting up. He came up to me because I was working the event and started talking to me, so I pulled my earplugs out because I couldn't hear a word he was saying over Metallica playing. When he saw this, he shook his head and walked away. I put my earplugs back in. What a trip.

7 hours ago, nospk said:

But they have never lost a playoff series to the Yankers

The Tigers were formed in 1894. They have won 4 World Series. The Marlins have won two. Better luck next century.  

Make sure the contest is legit. I have heard stories about people sending people notices that they won tickets to sporting events or concerts. The whole family goes to the event, comes home to a freshly robbed house. 

Back when I was in college in Buffalo there was a "caller number X" radio deal for Andrew Dice Clay tickets.  I think that's the only thing I've ever won. 

40 minutes ago, sderk said:

I went to school in Winnipeg and occasionally worked under the table at a theater there. And when I say I worked there, it was random ushering gigs at a local theater for anywhere from $7 to $16 for coming in and ushering a show in a night. Couple hours of not doing much. Maybe once every couple  weeks for some extra spending cash. They had all kinds of shows at the theater but nothing like this one night when out of the blue they brought in Metallica opened by Metal Church. I think it was December 1986.  I was actually assigned an exit door to protect. I have never experienced loud like the kind of loud I heard that night. And here is why:

This was the theater:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pantages+playhouse+winnipeg&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS841US841&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=850gg7xHSPsmoM%3A%2CuW9kB2GAVZ_odM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSauj6vrRwPonf6vezZ6I_0d9_ptQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjIopiB-6vjAhVYVc0KHcuoAzsQ9QEwAnoECAMQBg#imgrc=850gg7xHSPsmoM:

The place was freaking tiny.

After Metal Church finished their set, the lead singer came out to the audience while Metallica was starting up. He came up to me because I was working the event and started talking to me, so I pulled my earplugs out because I couldn't hear a word he was saying over Metallica playing. When he saw this, he shook his head and walked away. I put my earplugs back in. What a trip.

saw Metal Church open for Anthrax in 87..all time show for me.  It was at the Paradise in Boston.  Small venue.  Mosh pit was nuts.  In between shows, this guy next to me, had to be like 6'6, says if one of these punks hits me again I'm gonna crush him.  Sure enough 2 songs in to Anthrax a kid slams into him and he whack a moles him on the head.  Kid crumpled and then crawled off the floor.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

saw Metal Church open for Anthrax in 87..all time show for me.  It was at the Paradise in Boston.  Small venue.  Mosh pit was nuts.  In between shows, this guy next to me, had to be like 6'6, says if one of these punks hits me again I'm gonna crush him.  Sure enough 2 songs in to Anthrax a kid slams into him and he whack a moles him on the head.  Kid crumpled and then crawled off the floor.

It is interesting, looking back. I didn't realize the fans of this rock were so young at the time. Just didn't think about it. And I realize now that it was the same for all of the bands from the 60's through the 80's. All just a bunch of teenagers. I guess later in life, those bands from that time period simply weren't matched from the 90's on at the pace they were on during those earlier years. Good bands for sure have come up, but that time period of rock music was truly an experience that I don't think will ever be matched again. I'm not a country fan, but that is the closest thing in music today that is going through a major wave of impact since the days of Patsy Cline and Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson.

9 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The Tigers were formed in 1894. They have won 4 World Series. The Marlins have won two. Better luck next century.  

I snagged a tiny fish 

I won a few dance contests back in the 70's/80's :ninja:      

The best prize was a Footloose contest,won a VHS copy of the movie and two tickets to see The Thompson Twins with Berlin as the opening act.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nospk said:

I snagged a tiny fish 

I think you got hooked yourself. But I throw small ones back. 

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

When I was a kid I used to give my Dad and my Uncles grief for talking about the 1968 Tigers so much.  Its been twice as long since 1984 and people still talk about that team a lot.  I am a big Tiger fan but I disagree with those that think its a "Storied" franchise.

5 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

When I was a kid I used to give my Dad and my Uncles grief for talking about the 1968 Tigers so much.  Its been twice as long since 1984 and people still talk about that team a lot.  I am a big Tiger fan but I disagree with those that think its a "Storied" franchise.

Has another team since ‘84 gone 35-5 to start the season? Not that I know of

1 hour ago, nospk said:

Has another team since ‘84 gone 35-5 to start the season? Not that I know of

Well, they went 3-25 in 2003. Went on to lose 119 games. Worst team since the 1962 expansion Mets. So you got that going for you. 

"I'm Out!!!"

( Kramer ) 😉

14 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Make sure the contest is legit. I have heard stories about people sending people notices that they won tickets to sporting events or concerts. The whole family goes to the event, comes home to a freshly robbed house. 

Or it's a sting operation and they're setting him up.  :o

18 hours ago, naomi said:

There was a fashion/design website called Polyvore started by former Yahoo engineers. It had a great run. Lots of companies sponsored contests for creating visual storyboards for marketing initiatives and sometimes they partnered with public figures. Wendy's sponsored a set of contests for a range of salads one Summer and Molly Sims chose a winner for each salad fashion storyboard :bandana: I won $1,000 for the Asian Cashew salad contest.

Figures.  Even her contests are confusing.  <_<

4 hours ago, Mookz said:

Figures.  Even her contests are confusing.  <_<

:D I'll just show rather than tell.

Spicy! Yum. So fresh! :banana:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, naomi said:

:D I'll just show rather than tell.

Spicy! Yum. So fresh! :banana:

"Salad fashion storyboard."  :D  I actually did get the gist after reading it a couple times.

Nice set, and congrats.  :thumbsup:

Also I was familiar with Polyvore.  :ninja:

All of the pics from that thread are gone.  Polyvore is no more?  :(

6 minutes ago, Mookz said:

"Salad fashion storyboard."  :D  I actually did get the gist after reading it a couple times.

Nice set, and congrats.  :thumbsup:

Also I was familiar with Polyvore.  :ninja:

All of the pics from that thread are gone.  Polyvore is no more?  :(

Wow, you have a great memory. I wish I could see your set. Yeah, they pulled the plug on Polyvore last year.