Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Is it racist to hire someone based on their skin color

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

In my experience  there is one thing that can be said about the majority of black people I have worked with: They refuse to get to work on time. They are almost defiant about it.  

CPT- colored people time

Thats what countless black firemen explain to me over the years.  They just dont care.  Kinda fuked up in a firehouse where you depend on you guy to be there before you can leave.

My city states that "the cities workforce should reflect the community we serve".  They do their best to promote and hire equitably.  

16 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

CPT- colored people time

Thats what countless black firemen explain to me over the years.  They just dont care.  Kinda fuked up in a firehouse where you depend on you guy to be there before you can leave.

Exactly. They just DGAF 

Whites are entitled or millennial pricks, blacks are lazy and worthless, Brown is the only skin color that works hard anymore. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

blacks are lazy and worthless,

Do you think blacks are lazy worthless WRs or RBs? Are they lazy worthless basketball players as well? What about tennis or golf players? 

On 7/11/2019 at 7:59 AM, Baker Boy said:

Affirmative Actions says it is OK as long as they are not White Males.

Wrong thread. You need to post this in the "Is It Wrong To Hire Someone Based On The Color Of Someone Else's Skin" thread. 

hth

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Do you think blacks are lazy worthless WRs or RBs? Are they lazy worthless basketball players as well? What about tennis or golf players? 

No, when they getting paid millions to do atheletic things they are great. In the general workforce they are the bane of employers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fireballer said:

CPT- colored people time

It isn't just black people. I have found in my travels that white people are about the only culture that gives a crap about being on time. African, Asian, Hispanic, Arab, none of them care too much. 

And frankly, it's mainly people about 40 and up among white people it seems. The younger crowd doesn't do punctuality either. Or make plans in advance. I find it very annoying. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tanatastic said:

No, when they getting paid millions to do atheletic things they are great. In the general workforce they are the bane of employers.

So, once they get paid millions, they are great, but not before that time when they were paid nothing?

What about singers or dancers or gymnasts or actors or models or rappers? Are they worthless?

3 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I have found in my travels that white people are about the only culture that gives a crap about being on time. African, Asian, Hispanic, Arab, none of them care too much.

Be to work on time. Meet at a restaurant, movie, play, graduation or wedding on time. But, to me, arrive at a house get together or party at your leisure. I find it stifling that white people are so punctual in relaxed circumstances. 

People who are always late simply don’t have respect for other people or their time. Even in a casual scenario, you are causing someone unrest by never being somewhere when you say you will be. Im 10min early no matter what it is or who it’s for. If I say I’m gonna be there, im early. If it’s not important or I plan to be late, I won’t say I’m gonna be somewhere at a certain time. I’m the minority though, I’ve spent most of my life waiting for late people.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, peenie said:

Be to work on time. Meet at a restaurant, movie, play, graduation or wedding on time. But, to me, arrive at a house get together or party at your leisure. I find it stifling that white people are so punctual in relaxed circumstances. 

It's a lack of respect thing. If someone tells me that they are coming over at a certain time, or that we are going to go out at a certain time, I plan accordingly. Because the other person is worthy of that respect. When they blow me off at the last minute, or show up an hour late, or what ever, they are basically telling me to fock myself, that their time is more valuable than mine. I dont put up with that. 

• Like 1

Let me rephrase, most people I know, black or white are on time. My mother's long time black boyfriend would say, "If you arrive on time you're late." 

My grandmother was a stickler for time and was frustrated if I caused her to be late. 

Guilty for being late. 

3 minutes ago, peenie said:

Let me rephrase, most people I know, black or white are on time. My mother's long time black boyfriend would say, "If you arrive on time you're late." 

My grandmother was a stickler for time and was frustrated if I caused her to be late. 

Guilty for being late. 

Most people I know are always late. 

6 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It isn't just black people. I have found in my travels that white people are about the only culture that gives a crap about being on time. African, Asian, Hispanic, Arab, none of them care too much. 

And frankly, it's mainly people about 40 and up among white people it seems. The younger crowd doesn't do punctuality either. Or make plans in advance. I find it very annoying. 

Returning to the US is going to suck for you. Our sense of order, promptness, cleanliness, and general respect for others is passe. Incoming peoples are told to keep their culture instead of adopting ours. They do not give back. I have an African women who works for me. Became a citizen in her 20s the right way. She is astounded at the lack of respect immigrants give this country. So it's not just old white guys screaming get off my lawn.

34 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Returning to the US is going to suck for you. Our sense of order, promptness, cleanliness, and general respect for others is passe. Incoming peoples are told to keep their culture instead of adopting ours. They do not give back. I have an African women who works for me. Became a citizen in her 20s the right way. She is astounded at the lack of respect immigrants give this country. So it's not just old white guys screaming get off my lawn.

Unless there is an actual ongoing riot going on (possible, there was a BLM one going on two years ago when I was home) it will still be far more orderly, clean, and polite than China.

And I get to drive a car again. It's been two full years. Looking forward to that. 

3 hours ago, tanatastic said:

People who are always late simply don’t have respect for other people or their time. Even in a casual scenario, you are causing someone unrest by never being somewhere when you say you will be. Im 10min early no matter what it is or who it’s for. If I say I’m gonna be there, im early. If it’s not important or I plan to be late, I won’t say I’m gonna be somewhere at a certain time. I’m the minority though, I’ve spent most of my life waiting for late people.

This. 

I'd rather show up early and wait than show up late and make somebody else wait for me. 

Because I'm not a self-important asshoIe. 

• Like 2

I work with a dude from Africa (thick accent and everything, hard to understand at times) that has been reported to HR twice by 2 different women for sexual harassment. Still hasn't been canned.  The guy just grew up a different way and has no clue how to respect or talk to women. He's like a king from where he's from because he makes decent money here and when he goes home he owns a lot property.

100% if that was me, I'm gone

I was in an elevator with an African (Nigerian) when I was 24 years old.  He grabbed me and started kissing me. It was in a very forceful strong way that shocked me. He was a security guard in the building I was visiting. I didn't report him because I didn't want him to lose his job or worse than that, I didn't want people to think I was a liar. He was usually so nice and professional.

“African Security Guard” handle coming up.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, peenie said:

I was in an elevator with an African (Nigerian) when I was 24 years old.  He grabbed me and started kissing me. It was in a very forceful strong way that shocked me. He was a security guard in the building I was visiting. I didn't report him because I didn't want him to lose his job or worse than that, I didn't want people to think I was a liar. He was usually so nice and professional.

He was probably a prince.  You could've struck it rich! 

2 hours ago, peenie said:

That's probably how the puzzy grabbing started with Trump. They let him. 

Oh no, I struggled and pushed him off me.  It was disgusting not sexy like in the movies. 

1 hour ago, peenie said:

Oh no, I struggled and pushed him off me.  It was disgusting not sexy like in the movies. 

What kind of movies would those be?  🍿

On 7/12/2019 at 5:26 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

In my experience  there is one thing that can be said about the majority of black people I have worked with: They refuse to get to work on time. They are almost defiant about it.  

Do you have any idea how hard it is to wake up before noon? Show some compassion, man. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

What kind of movies would those be?  🍿

You know, like the way Rhett kissed Scarlett in Gone with the Wind or some such old movie.

If my memory serves me correctly he also grabbed one of my breasts. It was a nasty kiss grope. It wasn't overly traumatic, I barely remember it. I just remember questioning myself and wondering if my friendliness made him think I liked him or if he was allowed to do that in Africa or if he was just a pervert.

3 hours ago, peenie said:

So are you saying rape is sexy?  That Trump accuser was right! 

Just now, DonS said:

So are you saying rape is sexy?  That Trump accuser was right! 

A kiss isn't rape! I wasn't raped.

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

I know.  Just latching on to your choice of words regarding your sexual assault.  He did grab your breast after all. 

Edit: we're told that even an unwanted glance (at cleavage) is sexual assault nowadays. Your scenario definitely would qualify. 

5 minutes ago, peenie said:

The boob grab is sexual assault though.  Keep going with the story.  I am almost there.  :music_guitarred:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DonS said:

I know.  Just latching on to your choice of words regarding your sexual assault.  He did grab your breast after all. 

Edit: we're told that even an unwanted glance (at cleavage) is sexual assault nowadays. Your scenario definitely would qualify. 

I'm from an older generation so, I'm not as sensitive or aware of my rights I guess.

He was really out of line but I wasn't mentally anguished about it. I just knew that he was creepy and not to be anywhere with him in private.

Men and flirtation will be a thing of the past? Not all of it is unwanted...

5 minutes ago, peenie said:

I'm from an older generation so, I'm not as sensitive or aware of my rights I guess.

He was really out of line but I wasn't mentally anguished about it. I just knew that he was creepy and not to be anywhere with him in private.

Men and flirtation will be a thing of the past? Not all of it is unwanted... 

The bolded part is the problem.  Some women that dress to accentuate their natural talents are doing so to gain attention of men they find "worthy" but then act like they've been molested when an "unworthy" guy notices.

If you're going fishing for prize fish don't be upset when you attract some bottom feeders as well. 

On 7/12/2019 at 8:16 PM, tanatastic said:

Whites are entitled or millennial pricks, blacks are lazy and worthless, Brown is the only skin color that works hard anymore. 

Whites subsidize the American Dream for all the minorities in America, wtf are you talking about?

6 minutes ago, DonS said:

The bolded part is the problem.  Some women that dress to accentuate their natural talents are doing so to gain attention of men they find "worthy" but then act like they've been molested when an "unworthy" guy notices.

If you're going fishing for prize fish don't be upset when you attract some bottom feeders as well. 

Well, in this case, even if Keanu Reeves had grabbed me in the same way it would've been gross. I think everything has it's pluses and minuses. The plus of today is most men are respectful at all times and aware of their words and actions. The minus is lack of playfulness and flirtation without fear.

ETA,

When someone is truly attracted to you, I think a man can be flirty without being creepy, even at work.

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Whites subsidize the American Dream for all the minorities in America, wtf are you talking about?

Can you elaborate on this? I'm not following you...

9 minutes ago, peenie said:

Can you elaborate on this? I'm not following you...

We are the majority payers for every social program in the United States, the majority of college grants and every single other type of assistance there is available in the US and we typically get the short end of the stick. Theres company quotas that work against whites as a race even if they are the more qualified employee. Government grants for startsup/loans etc... all are weighted against whites. Grants for academia research, etc... the list goes on and on. And now one of the more favored candidates in your party is offer housing assistance to blacks? Get focked. I have friends from high school that bust their a$$ every single day, never used government assistance and are struggling to get by and all they did was work hard and not ask for a handout. There’s your reparations. 

7 minutes ago, peenie said:

Well, in this case, even if Keanu Reeves had grabbed me in the same way it would've been gross. I think everything has it's pluses and minuses. The plus of today is most men are respectful at all times and aware of their words and actions. The minus is lack of playfulness and flirtation without fear.

ETA,

When someone is truly attracted to you, I think a man can be flirty without being creepy, even at work.

I truly feel bad for males growing up nowadays since what truly might be harmless flirtation can be turned into a life and career destroying accusation simply if a woman doesn't like the look of the guy.  

You can thank your bitter empowered sisters for the death of ages old courtship without fear.  They also have diluted what "rape" is since they equate everything with rape nowadays.  I feel bad for the true rape victims. 

3 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

We are the majority payers for every social program in the United States, the majority of college grants and every single other type of assistance there is available in the US and we typically get the short end of the stick. Theres company quotas that work against whites as a race even if they are the more qualified employee. Government grants for startsup/loans etc... all are weighted against whites. Grants for academia research, etc... the list goes on and on. And now one of the more favored candidates in your party is offer housing assistance to blacks? Get focked. I have friends from high school that bust their a$$ every single day, never used government assistance and are struggling to get by and all they did was work hard and not ask for a handout. There’s your reparations. 

Every social program has whites and whites are the majority on every social program. Somehow you soothe yourself by using percentages, but the bottom line is the bulk of the bodies collecting checks in this country are white. People of color have jobs and pay the same taxes that are funding the same programs. Even illegals are paying taxes. Make up your mind, are people of color in jail, collecting a check on welfare or are we stealing jobs from whites or getting research grants that white people should get we can't be doing both.