Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Is it racist to not hire someone based on their skin color?

A mayor of a city here in Georgia thinks so:

The controversy unfolded after the mayor of Hoschton, Georgia, a majority-white community, reportedly decided against a candidate for city administrator because he was black, according to an investigation by the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

Members of the City Council told the AJC that Mayor Theresa Kenerly told them that the candidate should not be considered "because he is black, and the city isn't ready for this."

Kenerly initially told the AJC that she couldn't "say I said it or not said it," but later disputed the claims.

The candidate, Keith Henry, had a phone interview for the job, and told the AJC that the mayor's decision did not shock him. "It comes with the territory," he said. "If you live in America as a minority, you can't be naïve that it is the reality that you face."

City code in Hoschton strictly prohibits discrimination based on "race, national origin, color, religion, creed, age or sex."

Still, some council members defended the mayor's comments.

"I understood where she was coming from," Councilman Jim Cleveland told the paper. "I understand Theresa saying that, simply because we're not Atlanta. Things are different here than they are 50 miles down the road." Noting that Hoschton is "a predominantly white community," he said, "I don't know how they would take it if we selected a black administrator. She might have been right."

"I'm a Christian, and my Christian beliefs are you don't do interracial marriage. That's the way I was brought up, and that's the way I believe," Cleveland continued. "I have black friends, I hired black people. But when it comes to all this stuff you see on TV, when you see blacks and whites together, it makes my blood boil because that's just not the way a Christian is supposed to live."

That's pretty bad, especially when your reasoning is: "because he is black, and the city isn't ready for this."

Rural Georgia...sheesh.  The Councilman quoted in the article just doubles down on the stupid.

I think would be a much better indicator 

I believe that's nearly the exact definition of racist.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I believe that's nearly the exact definition of racist.

I have a feeling many Geeks would disagree. 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think you're very wrong.  Actually, I know you are.

"I'm a Christian, and my Christian beliefs are you don't do interracial marriage. That's the way I was brought up, and that's the way I believe," Cleveland continued. "I have black friends, I hired black people. But when it comes to all this stuff you see on TV, when you see blacks and whites together, it makes my blood boil because that's just not the way a Christian is supposed to live."

I must have been raised with a different Christianity.  :unsure:

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

This thread won’t make it to 5pm today guaranteed 

Well yeah.  It'll get aborted like a black baby in New York.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, MDC said:

28 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think you're very wrong.  Actually, I know you are.

TBay is right... I'd be surprised to hear anyone say it's not.

• Like 1

Yes, it is racist.  Hiring or not, giving a seat at a college or not, really just anything given to a person based on the color of their skin is racist.

Of course, when done in favor of the group to which one identifies it seems to be just fine, for some reason...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kanil said:

TBay is right... I'd be surprised to hear anyone say it's not.

Racism isn't really accepted the way the Left tries to lead people to believe.  

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Do you read the threads here? Lol

14 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Correct. hence the need to fabricate it at every turn.

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

How is this not front page across the country?

"...organizers came up with a race-based pricing model for the Aug. 3 event. Early-bird tickets purchased before July 17 cost $10 for people of color and $20 for white people. General admission would be $20 for people of color, and $40 for whites."

Is it racist to think this thread will be peenied?

IRT:  Google black owned businesses; there's a whole sub cultural steering business to them.

It's naive to think that 'hiring based on skin color' doesn't go both ways.

All things being equal I will always side with an asian or a white person because of statistics. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Considering they hire people only cause they are black. The opposite should be allowed

obama a perfect example

:first:

Yes it's racist. So was the example of the music festival. But peenie, I'd like to see you say affirmative action is racist. AA is the same type of policy. Admitting minorities to colleges who are less qualified than other candidates, solely based on race/diversity, is a racist policy.

• Like 2

Is it racist for a black person to ask if something is racist, when they already know their answer?

7 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Yes it's racist. So was the example of the music festival. But peenie, I'd like to see you say affirmative action is racist. AA is the same type of policy. Admitting minorities to colleges who are less qualified than other candidates, solely based on race/diversity, is a racist policy.

Probably the most racist policy in the US, but blacks turn a blind eye to it because muh reparations 

I forgot we were supposed to post replies in the alt thread because a nuke is headed right at this one. :doh:

• Like 1

I wouldn't call it racist as much a it's illegal.  Race is a protected class.

I dunno. Personally, I would rather hire a Mexican to do my lawn rather than a black person. 

19 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I dunno. Personally, I would rather hire a Mexican to do my lawn rather than a black person. 

Oh hell yeah. Although, I'm more likely to hire a white local neighborhood kid to do it.

Peenie,

Can you remove this thread?  It's now been around longer than the average black male stays with his baby mama.

TIA.

• Haha 3

Her question has been answered AND she'll be upset by some of the responses.  This thing will be gone faster than the Philly teens looted Walgreens.

• Like 2