Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Prime Age Meats

Who eats Prime or Kobe or Wagyu?

I’m a choice guy unless Prime is on sale.  This happens often after Christmas.

You?

Get Costco Prime when I want it.  It's very good for Costco.  Otherwise Safeway choice for me. Safeway Kobe Burgers are as good as a burger can get.

Generally choice and prime at home.   Occasionally kobe or waygu when out, but happy with CAB (certified angus).  Occasionally  grass fed.  A local farmer just recent broke down a grass fed and I picked up about 10 pounds of ground, 6 ribeyes, 6 filets.

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Get Costco Prime when I want it.  It's very good for Costco.  Otherwise Safeway choice for me. Safeway Kobe Burgers are as good as a burger can get.

safeway has  a very reasonable CAB burger patties that I tried a month or so ago. Also a decent chuck blend.

13 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Generally choice and prime at home.   Occasionally kobe or waygu when out, but happy with CAB (certified angus).  Occasionally  grass fed.  

+1

57 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

safeway has  a very reasonable CAB burger patties that I tried a month or so ago. Also a decent chuck blend.

I splurged on the pre formed Kobe patties at 11 a pound. I didn't expect much from pre formed and was blown away by how good they were. 

• Like 1

It's Texas - I do Nolan Ryan Angus USDA Choice beef..........and when I make it down to HEB, pick up prime cuts there. They have some prime Tomahawk steaks to die for.

20 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

It's Texas - I do Nolan Ryan Angus USDA Choice beef..........and when I make it down to HEB, pick up prime cuts there. They have some prime Tomahawk steaks to die for.

Do you have a Central Market near you?  Their meat and seafood are incredible. 

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

Do you have a Central Market near you?  Their meat and seafood are incredible. 

We do.. and I go there sometimes. But overall CM is just a fancy HEB - pretty much the same products at 2-to-3 times the price.

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

We do.. and I go there sometimes. But overall CM is just a fancy HEB - pretty much the same products at 2-to-3 times the price.

HEB doesn't have near the selection and god forbid you ask an HEB butcher to cut a steak to a specific thickness.

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

HEB doesn't have near the selection and god forbid you ask an HEB butcher to cut a steak to a specific thickness.

No, but the selection isn't so less that it warrants paying 3 times the price all the time. For every day, HEB is awesome.

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

No, but the selection isn't so less that it warrants paying 3 times the price all the time. For every day, HEB is awesome.

I understand they are more but the Prime USDA at the central market here isn't 3 times the prime at HEB.  It is only a couple of bucks more per pound.  Further, the HEB seafood isn't in the same class as central market.  For everyday HEB is fine.  For a nice or special meal Central Market is far superior.