Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

I’m waiting on WR this year

Ive Never taken 3 RBs in the first 3 rds, but this may be the year I do it. Might even go QB & TE in rds 4 and 5 then draft WR every rd 6-10.  I’d be more than happy drafting WRs like Boyd, R. Anderson, DJ Moore, Pettis, Kirk, Allison, A. Miller. So many mid to late rd bargains at wr this year.  

24 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Ive Never taken 3 RBs in the first 3 rds, but this may be the year I do it. Might even go QB & TE in rds 4 and 5 then draft WR every rd 6-10.  I’d be more than happy drafting WRs like Boyd, R. Anderson, DJ Moore, Pettis, Kirk, Allison, A. Miller. So many mid to late rd bargains at wr this year.  

I've have been doing this for years. Always drafting RBs maybe 4 of the 6 rounds. I usually draft a WR by round 3 though. Or a high end TE if one is there.

Yeah.  I think taking an elite guy is worth it but once I get into the 2nd, 3rd and 4th tier there is tons of value.

I like the WRs you can get in redrafts rounds 6-10 whereas I'm more so holding my nose at some of the RB picks or otherwise.  

10 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I usually draft just the opposite -  WR's in the first 2 or 3 rounds and then RBs.  1/2pt PPR/6pt TD league, though.

How does that pan out? It seems that if I dont land a stud rb in one of the first two rounds, my team is usually in trouble.

For me I think it depends on scoring system (0, 0.5, 1 ppr) and where I'm drafting. In a ppr or partial ppr league if I have a top 4 pick I'm likely taking one of the RBs, and I may well double down on a second RB in the 2nd round. But if I'm picking 5-8th, I think I'd rather have one of Hopkins/Adams/Thomas/Jones and pair him with a RB or two in rounds 2 and 3.

Yes, the end of season numbers from some of the 6-10th round WR will be good, but the way they get those numbers will be quite volatile from week to week.

• Like 1

Been going RB heavy for the most part for a long time. I take WR, QBs, & TE when I don't see a RB that I value in that given round. I landed D. Adams in the second round of a keeper league last year, but he was the only non RB I took in the first five rounds. RBs tend to carry a lot more weight in mid season trades, so if you are a team that has the stable of backs, you can upgrade your other positions for post season run. You also don't have to over pay for one if your top ones bust or go down with an injury. 

3 hours ago, Brutal Brutus said:

Been going RB heavy for the most part for a long time. I take WR, QBs, & TE when I don't see a RB that I value in that given round. I landed D. Adams in the second round of a keeper league last year, but he was the only non RB I took in the first five rounds. RBs tend to carry a lot more weight in mid season trades, so if you are a team that has the stable of backs, you can upgrade your other positions for post season run. You also don't have to over pay for one if your top ones bust or go down with an injury. 

#metoo :)

last year i won a league going gurley, mixon and royce freeman in the first 3 of a 12 team ppr high stakes league.....now freeman was an obvious bust.....it helped i drafted juju in the 4th...then had qbs like ryan and goff...and also ebron in the 16th.......if i had taken thielen like a smart person i would have ran away with this league weeks before the regular season ended(we dont do playoffs...straight up record...double W/L league)..instead i had to nailbite it in week 16.....

i shoudl have gone rb.rb, wr, wr, and then looked for a good 5th round rb value instead of buying in and reaching on freeman...ideally i could have started out gurley, mixon, thielen and juju

Its your team you can do what you want, but.........

If you start 3 RB going RB in the first three rounds seems like it may be a good move.  If you only start two RB. I see no reason to draft a 3rd just to fill a bench spot. Seems like a wasted pick.  Unless  you feel a can't miss stud RB is still there in the 3rd. 

been playing around with draft wizard simulator. Seems like if you don't take a wr in the first three rounds you are better off waiting till round 6.  I'm sure there are some future stars still there, but also seems like a lot of blah.

It depends on where you draft. If you're near the end of the 1st, the value is with the top 2-5 receivers, at least grabbing one of them, and then after the turn grabbing what's left of the tier 2 RBs or if another tier 1 WR is still there and jump on it. If you tell me I could have Michael Thomas & Julio Jones at the 12-13 turn, sign me up!

On 7/16/2019 at 11:45 PM, Lakers_08rocks said:

It depends on where you draft. If you're near the end of the 1st, the value is with the top 2-5 receivers, at least grabbing one of them, and then after the turn grabbing what's left of the tier 2 RBs or if another tier 1 WR is still there and jump on it. If you tell me I could have Michael Thomas & Julio Jones at the 12-13 turn, sign me up!

Then you end up with Aaron Jones and Marlon Mack as your starting RBs. Good luck.

3 hours ago, sderk said:

Then you end up with Aaron Jones and Marlon Mack as your starting RBs. Good luck.

Aw how sweet of you to give him Jones at the end of the third. One coach blurb, one solid run, one mention of “carrying the load” and that adp will be a pipe dream by mid August. In my mocks it feels like after rnd 2 it’s a boneyard and everyone looks the same pretty much for the next 3 rounds.

46 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Aw how sweet of you to give him Jones at the end of the third. One coach blurb, one solid run, one mention of “carrying the load” and that adp will be a pipe dream by mid August. In my mocks it feels like after rnd 2 it’s a boneyard and everyone looks the same pretty much for the next 3 rounds.

Take him all you want.