Sign in to follow this  
phins1921

Elliott or Kamara number 2 overall

My league is a ppr league.  We take 2 running backs and I was thinking that I want to get one of the best in the beginning. The 1st over all pick will be Barkley. My question is with the number 2 overall pick who would you pick between  Elliott or Kamara? Any chance Elliott gets suspended? 

1 hour ago, phins1921 said:

My league is a ppr league.  We take 2 running backs and I was thinking that I want to get one of the best in the beginning. The 1st over all pick will be Barkley. My question is with the number 2 overall pick who would you pick between  Elliott or Kamara? Any chance Elliott gets suspended? 

I believe Goodell already said he wont be suspended. Either are going to be good. I want to prefer Kamara, but I doubt he repeats all those goal line tds he had last year. Maybe he makes up for that in some other way? Elliot probably had a low in touchdowns last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phins1921 said:

Probably can't go wrong taking either IMO.

Elliott should do it the old fashioned way with bankable volume and he is still young and proven he can handle it. Kamara should do it the new fashioned way with explosive plays in an explosive offense. Pick your poison.

I do agree with FBN above that Elliott should be in for more TDs regardless and even beyond if Dak actually does take a step forward, and he and Cooper have had a whole off-season to get on the same page, it could really help Zeke. I'm not saying the Cowboys are going to suddenly be lighting it up and playing fast but if the offense is just a little less vanilla and the passing game is any kind of threat ...............it gives Elliott a little wider gaps and sustains drives to the goal line more often in which case there could be some sneaky value hidden in greater Elliott efficiency that ends up making him the clear overall RB1 this year beyond the volume. So my lean would be Zeke.

NFL players seem to always have potential for suspension so no guarantees but Zeke is in the clear now on every incident we know about at this point and would have to screw up again I believe to receive further punishment.

22 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

I'd take Kamara or C-Mac over Elliott..  Elliott doesn't catch passes!

95 targets and 77 receptions is pretty good for a player who doesn't catch passes...

Kamara's numbers started to decline when ingram came back (now gone).  You have to weigh your projections for total yards from each, receptions, and tds.  They finished with similar numbers at the end of the season, but zeke had a stronger 2nd half.  Also, isn't witten coming back? could steal red zone touches. I lean kamara because , but both should provide decent production. 

I think the biggest question is if kamara can hold the pace he had for the 1st half of the season.

In my world, the question would be between David Johnson and Christian McCaffrey.

14 hours ago, Bills04 said:

.  Elliott doesn't catch passes!

🤨🤔🙄

I haven't done my research for this year's draft yet; my bad..

Zeke catching his first two years:

26 recs  269 yds
32 recs 363 yds

Too early to tell, both are good options. If drafting today, Kamara, but wait and see how Zeke ends up. He’s a fine pass catcher as well as top shelf runner.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:54 PM, phins1921 said:

In a ppr I like Kamara as the number one pick. 

• Like 1

I like Kamara #1 overall this year. Saints window to win it all is getting small. Ingram is gone. Murray is new and will be used only when necessary. I think they use Kamara as much as possible to win it all. A last ditch effort if you will. I am all in on him and Brees this year. Go for broke.

1) Elliot- why? Talent...talent around him...improves every year

2) McCafferty- dude is a duel threat beast ..on a pretty good team around him

3) Barkley - I hate putting him here. Manning loses his #1 guy...about to lose his job and opposing teams will scheme against the run. Oh yeah.. Giants play DAL,PHI,& REDSKINS twice...not bad defenses that have experienced Shaquon already

4) Kamara- kid is a BEAST! Started out HOT then faded out

5) Mixon- will only go up from here!