Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round Nine - Sixteen Commentary - July Mock 2019 **

Recommended Posts

The curious case of Kyler Murray. He is being taken earlier and earlier as the offseason goes on. What is unusual about it is that there isnt a ton of talk about him. Usually when a players value is creeping like this, its accompanied by a lot of positive talk. Now people are taking him as their one before guys like Rivers  go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey White Wonder:

I had Jones and Sanders neck-and-neck, and took Sanders. Do you have an argument for Jones??

I took Jones in the June Mock and liked the pick, so just curious on you and others comments!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aaahhhh....dambit Wonder....🤬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robb said:

Hey White Wonder:

I had Jones and Sanders neck-and-neck, and took Sanders. Do you have an argument for Jones??

I took Jones in the June Mock and liked the pick, so just curious on you and others comments!

 

The philly and tampa backfield's are dice rolls right now. I also took Jordan Howard and really only have confidence in him not being a rookie.... Jones at this point feels like a good gamble when we basically know what the other guy competing for touches is.... mediocre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The curious case of Kyler Murray. He is being taken earlier and earlier as the offseason goes on. What is unusual about it is that there isnt a ton of talk about him. Usually when a players value is creeping like this, its accompanied by a lot of positive talk. Now people are taking him as their one before guys like Rivers  go.

The main reason I went with him over some more proven options is four points/passing TD, which enhances his contributions as a runner. I think he's such a good bet to run for 600-800 yards and let's say 6-8 TDs. The increased pace of play (maybe in the high 60s in terms of snaps this year as opposed to last year's 56.4) is also a factor.

You can bet I'll be backing him up with a quality guy - like Rivers - in any draft I take him in over the next two months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ralphster

Tate has already been taken! Please Tepic 10.12

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, The Football Guru said:

The main reason I went with him over some more proven options is four points/passing TD, which enhances his contributions as a runner. I think he's such a good bet to run for 600-800 yards and let's say 6-8 TDs. The increased pace of play (maybe in the high 60s in terms of snaps this year as opposed to last year's 56.4) is also a factor.

You can bet I'll be backing him up with a quality guy - like Rivers - in any draft I take him in over the next two months.

If this was a 6 point pass td league, when would you target him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

If this was a 6 point pass td league, when would you target him?

Look, I think he's going to be a QB1 in that offense. If not because of the pace and percentage of offense that he will be responsible for, then because he will probably also throw around 600 times to compensate for the defense being tired.

To answer your question though, I'd probably bump him back a round or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If no one picks after me am I allowed to edit out my pick and change it?

Doesnt much matter but without a flex spot I probably make a different equally questionable pick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

If no one picks after me am I allowed to edit out my pick and change it?

Doesnt much matter but without a flex spot I probably make a different equally questionable pick 

Personally, it would not bother me at all for you to change your selection as long as the next person hasn’t selected. I did it in the June Mock.

But, maybe Mike could weigh in as it is his Board.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't imagine that anyone would have a problem with someone changing their pick, so long as the next team has not made a selection yet. I have done it myself in the past and this is for fun. Correct?

ICEMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ICEMAN said:

I can't imagine that anyone would have a problem with someone changing their pick, so long as the next team has not made a selection yet. I have done it myself in the past and this is for fun. Correct?

ICEMAN

I thought the top prize was a piece of everyone else's soul...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to have a soul for it to be in play....

ICEMAN

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tight ends are going off the board faster than the Golden Tates!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

I started a run!   Maniacs hooooo 

I'm projected to score 161 points more than you week 1 of our startup. Maybe it's because you haven't submitted a lineup, or maybe it's because my team is that good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×