Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round Nine - Sixteen Commentary - July Mock 2019 **

The curious case of Kyler Murray. He is being taken earlier and earlier as the offseason goes on. What is unusual about it is that there isnt a ton of talk about him. Usually when a players value is creeping like this, its accompanied by a lot of positive talk. Now people are taking him as their one before guys like RiversĀ  go.

Hey White Wonder:

I had Jones and Sanders neck-and-neck, and took Sanders. Do you have an argument for Jones??

I took Jones in the June Mock and liked the pick, so just curious on you and others comments!

Ā 

aaahhhh....dambit Wonder....šŸ¤¬

1 hour ago, robb said:

Hey White Wonder:

I had Jones and Sanders neck-and-neck, and took Sanders. Do you have an argument for Jones??

I took Jones in the June Mock and liked the pick, so just curious on you and others comments!

Ā 

The philly and tampa backfield's are dice rolls right now. I also took Jordan Howard and really only have confidence in him not being a rookie.... Jones at this point feels like a good gamble when we basically know what the other guy competing for touches is.... mediocre.

8 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

The curious case of Kyler Murray. He is being taken earlier and earlier as the offseason goes on. What is unusual about it is that there isnt a ton of talk about him. Usually when a players value is creeping like this, its accompanied by a lot of positive talk. Now people are taking him as their one before guys like RiversĀ  go.

The main reason I went with him over some more proven options is four points/passing TD, which enhances his contributions as a runner. I think he's such a good bet to run for 600-800 yards and let's say 6-8 TDs. The increased pace of play (maybe in the high 60s in terms of snaps this year as opposed to last year's 56.4) is also a factor.

You can bet I'll be backing him up with a quality guy - like Rivers - in any draft I take him in over the next two months.

Ralphster

Tate has already been taken! Please Tepic 10.12

Ā 

18 hours ago, The Football Guru said:

The main reason I went with him over some more proven options is four points/passing TD, which enhances his contributions as a runner. I think he's such a good bet to run for 600-800 yards and let's say 6-8 TDs. The increased pace of play (maybe in the high 60s in terms of snaps this year as opposed to last year's 56.4) is also a factor.

You can bet I'll be backing him up with a quality guy - like Rivers - in any draft I take him in over the next two months.

If this was a 6 point pass td league, when would you target him?

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

If this was a 6 point pass td league, when would you target him?

Look, I think he's going to be a QB1 in that offense. If not because of the pace and percentage of offense that he will be responsible for, then because he will probably also throw around 600 times to compensate for the defense being tired.

To answer your question though, I'd probably bump him back a round or two.

If no one picks after me am I allowed to edit out my pick and change it?

Doesnt much matter but without a flex spot I probably make a different equally questionable pickĀ 

14 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

If no one picks after me am I allowed to edit out my pick and change it?

Doesnt much matter but without a flex spot I probably make a different equally questionable pickĀ 

Personally, it would not bother me at all for you to change your selection as long as the next person hasnā€™t selected. I did it in the June Mock.

But, maybe Mike could weigh in as it is his Board.

Ā 

I can't imagine that anyone would have a problem with someone changing their pick, so long as the next team has not made a selection yet. I have done it myself in the past and this is for fun. Correct?

ICEMAN

1 hour ago, ICEMAN said:

I can't imagine that anyone would have a problem with someone changing their pick, so long as the next team has not made a selection yet. I have done it myself in the past and this is for fun. Correct?

ICEMAN

I thought the top prize was a piece of everyone else's soul...

• Haha 1

You have to have a soul for it to be in play....

ICEMAN

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The tight ends are going off the board faster than the Golden Tates!!

15 minutes ago, Matt Mueller said:

I started a run!Ā  Ā Maniacs hoooooĀ 

I'm projected to score 161 points more than you week 1 of our startup. Maybe it's because you haven't submitted a lineup, or maybe it's because my team is that good

Goff and Trubisky are both major values this year at qb. I coincidentally ended up with them as my two QBs in both dynasty leagues. Before Kupp went down Goff was averaging what would have been the second most ppg for a qb last year.

Mitch also had a really good run and completed 67% of his passes after week 4. He also has some good rushing numbers to stack. I think his ceiling is very high. The only way he doesn't reach his potential is if Nagy limits him with his asinine playbook Andy Reid 2.0 play not to lose mentality. That and the Bears accumulating the most overrated receivers they can in Anthony Miller and Riley Ridley

Ā 

11 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Sorry I'm hereĀ 

We are sorry that you are here as well.Ā šŸ˜‹

ICEMAN

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Goff and Trubisky are both major values this year at qb. I coincidentally ended up with them as my two QBs in both dynasty leagues. Before Kupp went down Goff was averaging what would have been the second most ppg for a qb last year.

Mitch also had a really good run and completed 67% of his passes after week 4. He also has some good rushing numbers to stack. I think his ceiling is very high. The only way he doesn't reach his potential is if Nagy limits him with his asinine playbook Andy Reid 2.0 play not to lose mentality. That and the Bears accumulating the most overrated receivers they can in Anthony Miller and Riley Ridley

Perfect example of why QBs are the new kickers. So many good fantasy options that almost every team in a 12 man league can have 2 guys with a legit case for being top 10. Obviously that won't happen but the fact that you can look at a super late QB2 like Trubisky and feel like you're drafting a guy with top 10 potential.......

Dammit RLLD!Ā  I figured I'd wait one more pick to take the Rams and you go ahead and snipe them from me.

This is the point in this mock draft where I struggle with do I treat this like a real draft where I'm not taking a kicker or D probably at this point in the preseason or do I want to have a chance to place anywhere decent in these MFL best ball standings we do.

Ā 

Both different strategies for me.Ā  Ā I probably won't take a kicker.Ā 

29 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Dammit RLLD!Ā  I figured I'd wait one more pick to take the Rams and you go ahead and snipe them from me.

Side note which Divisions does the NFC West play this year?Ā  Ā If Zona is better with Murray, SF better with Jimmy G and Seattle is Seattle they might not be the lock we think.

Ā 

But I don't know they are still really good.Ā 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

šŸ¤­

13 minutes ago, remote controller said:

5 picks today???

I know right? I don't like to complain about the slowness but damn. Let's put a nail in this!