Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Trump, you clever dog

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

You mean the rhetoric that the MSM twists to mean what they want it to mean and taking him out of context? These comments werent racist and trump was actually playing a long con on the MSM and the Dems. Pelosi has been doing everything she can to take the Jihad Squad out of the spotlight because it’s been shown swing voters can’t stand them. By tweeting this Trump put them center front row. He’s is quite clever. He does this all the time and plays the media like a fiddle, at this point it can’t even be argued if he is doing it on purpose or not, he definitely is.

I'm certainly not gonna defend the media. I don't even watch it so I can't.

But come on. Telling 4 brown congresswoman to go back where they came from is racist. Or close enough that he should know better. Just like the grab em by the poosay thing and the are you bleeding thing he pulled with Megan Kelley were dumb.

And I don't buy this long con 4d chess crap either. I think he has poor impulse control because, well, he's never had to. 

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

There are no Democrats like that.  We're stuck with Trump for another 5+ years.  Hopefully the Republican's put up a normal person in 2024 and not a far right nutjob.  That's how we got stuck with Obama.

Yep, it appears you are correct on that.

It amuses the hell out of me to read people on reddit praising kamala and booker. Like they have a snowballs chance in focking hell of being president. 

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Rick Scott 2024, you heard it here first. He would be a great president and was a self made millionaire before he ever got into politics, just like Trump. 

Trump was not a self made millionaire though.

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

But come on. Telling 4 brown congresswoman to go back where they came from is racist. Or close enough that he should know better. Just like the grab em by the poosay thing and the are you bleeding thing he pulled with Megan Kelley were dumb.

And I don't buy this long con 4d chess crap either. I think he has poor impulse control because, well, he's never had to. 

You should watch the Timcast video, he is probably very similar to you in political beliefs (just left of center). Even the head of Vox has stated that yes, trump has been playing a long con. You’ve convinced yourself he is unintelligent so you’re seeing what you want to see. 

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Trump was not a self made millionaire though.

You’re right, self made billionaire, gotta give credit where credit is due, ya feel me?

You’re right, self made billionaire, gotta give credit where credit is due, ya feel me?

He's not even a billionaire, is he?  What are you talking about.  The man was giving his money to start with.  He wasn't self made, his father was.  No reason to lie about something like this.

6 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

You should watch the Timcast video, he is probably very similar to you in political beliefs (just left of center). Even the head of Vox has stated that yes, trump has been playing a long con. You’ve convinced yourself he is unintelligent so you’re seeing what you want to see. 

For the record, I don't think he's unintelligent. I just think he has issues with keeping his focking mouth shut. And we're I to bother to vote, he'd probably get it next November, much as I don't like the man. Since filing a Tennessee absentee ballot would be an utter waste of time, I won't though. 

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

He's not even a billionaire, is he?  What are you talking about.  The man was giving his money to start with.  He wasn't self made, his father was.  No reason to lie about something like this.

Close enough, he has a private jet, lol. 

And you just don’t want to give him any credit is all. 

My dad gave me a decent sum of money when I graduated from school, some of that money I invested into crypto a few years ago and I made out like a bandit. Are you telling me that wasn’t my doing?

with your logic, if it’s so easy why don’t you turn 1k into 100k? Or 10k into a million? 

😂

• Thanks 1

MDC attempted to have Paul in Stl look up my IP address and where I lived. When I said WTF, that's BS and against the rules, he had one of the mods lock the thread. Total puzzie move. True story. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Hand said:

He has made a lof of money and has grown his wealth a lot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_of_Donald_Trump

I'm not denying that at all.  To say he's a self made millionaire is a blatant lie though.  I'd like to think all of us here could made a lot of money if we were to have the money he started off with.  Just imagine if you took the money he was given and just invested it in something safe.

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Close enough, he has a private jet, lol. 

And you just don’t want to give him any credit is all. 

My dad gave me a decent sum of money when I graduated from school, some of that money I invested into crypto a few years and I made out like a bandit. Are you telling me that wasn’t my doing?

with your logic, if it’s so easy why don’t you turn 1k into 100k? Or 10k into a million? 

😂

Of course that's your doing but you were given that money to start with.  Meaning that you could not have done it without that money which means it was not self made.  The term self made millionaire usually means that one started from scratch and made that money one their own from the beginning, unless I'm in the wrong here.

I'll give him credit where credit is due.  He's done a fine job maintaining his status as a wealthy man and I think he's great at branding himself.  Self made millionaire is incorrect though.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not denying that at all.  To say he's a self made millionaire is a blatant lie though.  I'd like to think all of us here could made a lot of money if we were to have the money he started off with.  Just imagine if you took the money he was given and just invested it in something safe.

I'd rather imagine taking the money and doing what Trump did to make massive amounts of money.

https://www.benzinga.com/general/education/18/08/12277932/how-did-donald-trump-get-rich

17 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

But come on. Telling 4 brown congresswoman to go back where they came from is racist. Or close enough that he should know better. 

Stupid of Trump to jump into the fray, but in fairness, that is not really what he said. The statement was longer. Still ill-advised and ignorant, but not necessarily racist. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

MDC attempted to have Paul in Stl look up my IP address and where I lived. When I said WTF, that's BS and against the rules, he had one of the mods lock the thread. Total puzzie move. True story. 

That is what bottom feeding scum bags do.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Of course that's your doing but you were given that money to start with.  Meaning that you could not have done it without that money which means it was not self made.  The term self made millionaire usually means that one started from scratch and made that money one their own from the beginning, unless I'm in the wrong here.

I'll give him credit where credit is due.  He's done a fine job maintaining his status as a wealthy man and I think he's great at branding himself.  Self made millionaire is incorrect though.

You are wrong here. Very wrong.

so if I get a business loan, according to your logic, I’m not self made? 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I believe you

1 hour ago, Lil' Webtoed Porkbutt said:

Agreed. Not his style at all. 

MDC's style is to call other geeks kids retards and then say someone else did it.  Another true story. You can look it up. 

You are wrong here. Very wrong.

so if I get a business loan, according to your logic, I’m not self made? 

That's not the same because you have to pay back that money with interest.  It's not gifted to you.  I really don't think I'm wrong on this one.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

That's not the same because you have to pay back that money with interest.  It's not gifted to you.  I really don't think I'm wrong on this one.

It’s sort of the same.

so if I would have taken the money my dad gave me, started a business, grew that to 1,000% the original value, I’m not self made? Really?

99% of the people if trump’s dad was their father, would’ve spent that money and had nothing to show for it a decade later, he grew it into an empire. TDS.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

What if told you to "go back where you came from"?  Would that be racist?  People are saying racist sh#t about white people, specifically white men, for years now.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

He made himself into a very successful, famous, and wealthy man.

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

It’s sort of the same.

so if I would have taken the money my dad gave me, started a business, grew that to 1,000% the original value, I’m not self made? Really?

I would say that counts but that's not really how Trump started.  Trump had a head start that most never get.

I'm part owner of my family business and I do well for myself.  Would I tell others that what I have is self made?  No.  I had advantages that most do not have.  I had an established business there for me to work into.

Just now, Mr. Hand said:

He made himself into a very successful and wealthy man.

I agree.  Wasn't he always wealthy though?

I agree.  Wasn't he always wealthy though?

You just agreed that "he made himself" :thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'll give him credit where credit is due.  He's done a fine job maintaining his status as a wealthy man and I think he's great at branding himself. 

He hasn't maintained anything. He GREW his wealth immensely by being a smart businessman.

You just agreed that "he made himself" :thumbsup:

I suppose I actually did somewhat.  I also said he was always wealthy, so...  What I meant was that he made himself successful and wealthier.

You guys all agree that he was afforded a major advantage over most people to do what he did, right?

Just now, Mr. Hand said:

He hasn't maintained anything. He GREW his wealth immensely by being a smart businessman.

That is true.  I was able to do it by having a major head start.  That's the only point I was trying to make.

Trumps father created trust funds for 5 kids and 3 grandkids.  You don't hear about the other ones creating the empire Trump has.

Trumps father created trust funds for 5 kids and 3 grandkids.  You don't hear about the other ones creating the empire Trump has.

I think you guys are trying to have a different argument here.

You finally came around and realized what Donald how successful he has been GROWING his wealth.

Anyone remember when Obama said anyone that has any money in America needs to thank the government? Because they built the roads and a bunch of other gibberish? I don’t remember the exact quote, but man that guy was an azzhole. I guess none of us are self made. 😕

Just now, Mr. Hand said:

You finally came around and realized what Donald how successful he has been GROWING his wealth.

Never mind.  We are talking about different things.

I think the argument being made is: While Donald had a head start, that most never get, he turned that into a tremendous return.  I believe I remember an article from Forbes saying that Trump is worth $3B.  Let's say he started off with a $30M GIFT - free money.   His return on investment is $3B?  I'm thinking that's a significant jump.  If I got a $30k grant from the government and turned that into a $3M dollar return, would you consider me a self made millionaire?

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Never mind.  We are talking about different things.

No we aren't.

Anyone remember when Obama said anyone that has any money in America needs to thank the government? Because they built the roads and a bunch of other gibberish? I don’t remember the exact quote, but man that guy was an azzhole. I guess none of us are self made. 😕

Interesting enough, michele the ape in heels, was never proud of America until obama became president and yet last I checked, the US had roads for a while now.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think the argument being made is: While Donald had a head start, that most never get, he turned that into a tremendous return.  I believe I remember an article from Forbes saying that Trump is worth $3B.  Let's say he started off with a $30M GIFT - free money.   His return on investment is $3B?  I'm thinking that's a significant jump.  If I got a $30k grant from the government and turned that into a $3M dollar return, would you consider me a self made millionaire?

I don't know if I would or not.  I think you raise a decent point though.  When I think of self-made I think of people who started from scratch.  Started a business on their own like the guys that began in their garages.  People who started with next to nothing.  I don't think of people who received money up front, other than loans that get paid back with interest.

Forbes gave Trump a rating of 4 out of 10 on their self-made scale.  A rating of 1 means they inherited all of their wealth and a 10 means they made it all on their own.  I find that to be pretty accurate.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Hand said:

No we aren't.

We're not really talking about the same exact thing but are in the same ball park.  You guys have a point but it's not really the point I was making.

24 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

What if told you to "go back where you came from"?  Would that be racist?  People are saying racist sh#t about white people, specifically white men, for years now.

Come on. You know he meant go back to your country. What are you trying to claim, that he meant go back to Minnesota or something? 

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Come on. You know he meant go back to your country. What are you trying to claim, that he meant go back to Minnesota or something? 

So what you’re saying is, some guy did something?