Sign in to follow this  
RLLD

Trump, you clever dog

Link

A day has passed without prominent Republicans stepping forward to disagree with President Trump’s notion that four minority congresswomen who have been critical of his approach to immigration enforcement should “go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came.”

Insinuating that people of color are foreigners, the president used a trope broadly viewed as racist when he tweeted on Sunday morning that the Democratic women, only one of whom was born outside the United States and all of whom are American citizens, “originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe."

I rarely think that Trump actually plans anything or has a plan, but lately I am noticing something from him....he is working his opponents like a pro.

Doing this right now, after these retarded little coonts went after Pelosi, is brilliant.....AND he even came to defend Pelosi at the same time.   He may not be a politician, but he is slowly becoming one.

I love the way he is doing this, I hope this is a glimpse of the future election cycle because this is great entertainment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Not sure that he should have doubled-down and told them that they should apologize to him.  :lol:

It's his way of inciting them.   If he can taunt the less intelligent and more radical elements to fire up, it forces the rest of the dems to either join in or get attacked....its a great move to get them fighting each other....

13 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It's his way of inciting them.   If he can taunt the less intelligent and more radical elements to fire up, it forces the rest of the dems to either join in or get attacked....its a great move to get them fighting each other....

I think that he may go so far as to get some GOP folks to join in.  It was pretty stupid to say and then have one of his lackies deny that he said it.  :lol:

It may be good politics but I think the POTUS using racist dog whistle tweets to get at his political opponents is a bad thing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MDC said:

It may be good politics but I think the POTUS using racist dog whistle tweets to get at his political opponents is a bad thing. 

MDC never criticizes the left. 

• Like 1

It's a sh*tbag thing to do and plays to Trump's a$$hole instincts. I don't like it at all but I already overlook the pu$$y grabbing comment and the Mexican judge flap, and John McCain's war hero status and birtherism, so this is just another log on the a$$hole fire. It antagonizes his enemies more and rest of us just groan.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

And I get why you feel that way.  At this stage I cannot be sure if he is one way or the other.

He may very well be an actual racist, there is not enough evidence to rationally suggest that, but the left will latch on to just about anything, and throwing labels is not their main tool....which waters it down to the point where the accusation no longer means anything.

For now I am willing to give him some leeway since his biggest thrust seems to be nationalistic, and of all the things he could be this to me is the least of the worst, so long as it does not cross the line.

If he can keep the jobs flowing, eventually that gives way to ever-better employment numbers AND opportunity.  If he can keep the economy humming, tear down trade policies that have harmed us, I am all good.

I don't give a rats ass about how people feel, I do care about tangible outcomes.

7 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

It's a sh*tbag thing to do and plays to Trump's a$$hole instincts. I don't like it at all but I already overlook the pu$$y grabbing comment and the Mexican judge flap, and John McCain's war hero status and birtherism, so this is just another log on the a$$hole fire. It antagonizes his enemies more and rest of us just groan.

This.

37 minutes ago, RLLD said:

And I get why you feel that way.  At this stage I cannot be sure if he is one way or the other.

He may very well be an actual racist, there is not enough evidence to rationally suggest that, but the left will latch on to just about anything, and throwing labels is not their main tool....which waters it down to the point where the accusation no longer means anything.

For now I am willing to give him some leeway since his biggest thrust seems to be nationalistic, and of all the things he could be this to me is the least of the worst, so long as it does not cross the line.

If he can keep the jobs flowing, eventually that gives way to ever-better employment numbers AND opportunity.  If he can keep the economy humming, tear down trade policies that have harmed us, I am all good.

I don't give a rats ass about how people feel, I do care about tangible outcomes.

Based on Trump’s pretty long rich history of racial dog whistles like this one I’m pretty confident that he’s either a bigot or a guy who says bigot things for political reasons. Not that this is news to anyone other than the most deluded / disingenuous Trumper.

• Like 1

Just now, MDC said:

Based on Trump’s pretty long rich history of racial dog whistles like this one I’m pretty confident that he’s either a bigot or a guy who says bigot things for political reasons. Not that this is news to anyone other than the most deluded / disingenuous Trumper.

Real Trumpers don’t care about the noise. He’s making America great. That’s all that matters. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 12th Man said:

Real Trumpers don’t care about the noise. He’s making America more racist. That’s all that matters. 

:shocking:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

He might be a bigot, i can get behind that a little bit. So long as he continues to pursue policies and actions that benefit the most amount of people possible, he can be a bigot all he wants.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

:shocking:

Make America Great and Keep America Great!  

24 minutes ago, RLLD said:

He might be a bigot, i can get behind that a little bit. So long as he continues to pursue policies and actions that benefit the most amount of people possible, he can be a bigot all he wants.

Don could pursue the exact same policies without being a POS. But he’s an attention ho.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, MDC said:

Don could pursue the exact same policies without being a POS. But he’s an attention ho.

I can say the same the about Obama and his condescending tone, but I would be considered a racist because Obama was black.  That being said, I don't care how anyone says crap, I care about what they do and what policies they put in place.  That's why Trump is a good President and Obama not.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Make America Great and Keep America Great!  

I don't think being racist or misogynist is really that great.  I would prefer we skip that part.  

• Like 1

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I don't think being racist or misogynist is really that great.  I would prefer we skip that part.  

I don't care if he is or isn't.  The fact is, he's not putting any policies in place that are or promote racism or misogyny.

1 minute ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Which is worse, the reality that this is all the left leadership has to offer against Trump, or the reality that Democrats actually believe it. 

Perhaps of Democrats resisted this nonsense they would force their party to actually come up with something. :dunno:

Just now, TimmySmith said:

Which is worse, the reality that this is all the left leadership has to offer against Trump, or the reality that Democrats actually believe it. 

Perhaps of Democrats resisted this nonsense they would force their party to actually come up with something. :dunno:

The Democratic Party is a mess and they have nothing to offer.  That does not mean that I need to like our President tweeting attacks that make him out to be a total a-hole.  Both can be true.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MDC said:

Perhaps.  I care little about who is offended by him, what I care about are results.

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Perhaps.  I care little about who is offended by him, what I care about are results.

Nobody on earth though you were offended by Don’s bigotry.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Racist? Where did he mention skin color?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

Anytime a person is "antagonistic" towards a person of color it is racist.  

Dems the rules!

20 minutes ago, MDC said:

Nobody on earth though you were offended by Don’s bigotry.

that is good, very good, I am not interested in being perceived like some pvssy.....so good then.....

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

And he knows the conservatives will groan a loooooong time before turning on him.  The alternative is too batsh!t crazy at this point.  America is dying for a third party.

44 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

The Democratic Party is a mess and they have nothing to offer.  That does not mean that I need to like our President tweeting attacks that make him out to be a total a-hole.  Both can be true.

Ahole, sure. Racist. I haven't seen it. But "A hole" doesn't fan the flames like "racist", does it.

He's playing these Dems like a champ.

They seem hellbent on going further and further left.

Beto comes out and says he and his wife descended from slave owners. :doh:

16 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

And he knows the conservatives will groan a loooooong time before turning on him.  The alternative is too batsh!t crazy at this point.  America is dying for a third party.

Amen. I feel like Tha majority of voters are in that boat. Don't really like Trump, but sure as hell can't get on board with the alternative. 

52 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

41 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Dems the rules!

Yup.  Outside of the Twilight Zone, the real racists are those who interject it.

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Amen. I feel like Tha majority of voters are in that boat. Don't really like Trump, but sure as hell can't get on board with the alternative. 

And Trump truly is 3rd party. This is what it looks like. Under constant attacks because he undermines a system well established by both parties. He is a clear and present danger. Outside of Mitch McConnell name a single Republican stalwart that openly supports the guy.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

big·ot
/ˈbiɡət/
noun

1. a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

I believe that immigrants (the brown ones) suck. That does not make me a bigot. You, by definition are the bigot for being intolerant of my opinion. 
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

And Trump truly is 3rd party. This is what it looks like. Under constant attacks because he undermines a system well established by both parties. He is a clear and present danger. Outside of Mitch McConnell name a single Republican stalwart that openly supports the guy.

It's a great situation for the Republicans. He mostly backs stuff they want (tax cuts, immigration issues, etc.) but they don't really have to own him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Graham is another one of the few. Maybe if he can pull off a re-election, a few more may cave.

6 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It's a great situation for the Republicans. He mostly backs stuff they want (tax cuts, immigration issues, etc.) but they don't really have to own him. 

Yep. They may wring their hands at Trump’s latest Twitter disgrace but the GOP establishment backs Trump’s policies to the hilt. His cabinet is full of the same corporate lobbyists, Ivy leaguers and Christianity weirdos you’d get in any administration. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Pushing Back Against the Ruling Class Can’t Be Done Politely

You mean the first gen immigrants pushing back against the multi-generational rich New Yorker, Donald Trump?

I do not understand, I thought you were a Trump supporter?

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

Dems the rules!

Hey!  Nice pun there!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Just because the MSM says it don't make it so.  Just a tip...