Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

How millennial are you?

14 minutes ago, peenie said:

It's when you make oatmeal in a mason jar. You don't cook the oatmeal, you just add the oats with milk and let it sit in the fridge overnight. (I prefer making them the regular way.)

My wife wanted to try these so called overnight oats.  I kept asking her what makes these oats any different than the Quaker Oats we would buy in the big container when we were growing up.   I got no real reply.  Either she didn't know, or there really is no difference.  She made it once. 

Same as "pour over" coffee VS auto drip.  it is the exact same thing..but with a new name to get people to say "Oh I LOVEEE pour over coffee" 

16 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Authentic Thai curry contains coconut milk, although not as much in indian curry.

I love Indian, Vietnamese, and Thai food.

It’s a joke

25 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Oh no someone is mixing coconut and curry! Quick, pretend like I hate it so that I look cool to the other Trumpers! :lol:

I need to get away from this board. There are a few sensible middle ground posters. A few sensible Republicans, and then one Trump nut hugging cuck who posts under 75% of the handles here.

You brought politics up, Incase you forgot 

20 minutes ago, DonS said:

What exactly is avocado toast?  Is it simply a slice of avocado on toast, or something fancier? 

Fundamentally it's, umm, sliced avocado on toast.  I just asked my daughter who eats it a lot, she butters the toast, then avocado, then drizzle with olive oil, then Montreal steak seasoning.  I presume there are a bazillion different ways to do it.  I've tried hers but never ordered it out.  It is a good way to get good-for-you fat.

12 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

My wife wanted to try these so called overnight oats.  I kept asking her what makes these oats any different than the Quaker Oats we would buy in the big container when we were growing up.   I got no real reply.  Either she didn't know, or there really is no difference.  She made it once. 

Same as "pour over" coffee VS auto drip.  it is the exact same thing..but with a new name to get people to say "Oh I LOVEEE pour over coffee" 

OMG...my wife is terrible about this crap too.  Some sh!t she saw on FB or Instagram and then has to try it and post about it.  She has been bannored from going to Starbucks anymore and especially ordering some trendy crap drinks.

16 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

17 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I've ordered it, but only because most coffee places don't have decaf brewed in the afternoon.  After a couple of times waiting 10 minutes for it to finish I've decided to just go with a decaf americano or latte.

48 minutes ago, peenie said:

It's when you make oatmeal in a mason jar. You don't cook the oatmeal, you just add the oats with milk and let it sit in the fridge overnight. (I prefer making them the regular way.)

Sounds like "I'm too lazy to cook it." I like it. I think I'll try it.

46 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I was listening to ESPN radio Los Angeles the day of the home run derby and prior to the derby, they had local guys talking Lakers.  At one point, one guy said "If they cancelled the entire All-Star Break, I could talk Lakers right now for 4 days nonstop!"  Some people are like that about food.  You create something like pour over coffee and they go nuts and can talk about it forever.

One thing that is semi interesting, is that I am re piping a room at this food manufacturer so that they can make impossible burgers. I'm going all the sanitary pipe.

Avocado toast- tried mrs and daughter's once or twice

Cronut- a few times. I generally do not eat donuts.

Quinoa- Used it on menus 15 years ago. Make it occasionally at home.

Poke- have been going to hawaii for 45 years. Love poke with no apologies.

La Croix- we were drinking those for a bit then stopped a few years ago.

Rose- tried my first dry rose on my first trip to france in 93. great summer wines

Bone Broth- ?  i used to make stocks and demis. sometimes served a consumme.

impossible burger- have tried it. sell it to customers

almond butter- daughter uses it. I don't love almonds.

boba- i grew up in san francisco. have had these for a while.  daughter loves them. i will have an occasional sip of hers.

2 - LaCroix and Cronut.

Cronuts are legit.

13 minutes ago, Kanil said:

2 - LaCroix and Cronut.

Cronuts are legit.

What is a cronut?  I'm guessing it's some donut hybrid? 

15 minutes ago, DonS said:

What is a cronut?  I'm guessing it's some donut hybrid? 

Croissant and donut. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Croissant and donut. 

So flaky like a croissant but with different fillings / frostings?  Sounds pretty good. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Judging by your idiocy, I'm guessing you're a massive Trump supporter. Am I right?

3 hours ago, Gladiators said:

beernuts, you seem awfully worked up over lod's comment.  You okay?

He’s just like the midget in another thread.  He yells and screams and stomps his feet.  It’s a short man thing.

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Cauliflower rice is a fairly benign food that can be enhanced easily with seasoning. Cheese is much more potent. Not sure why it's hard for you to see the difference...........

That’s a stance of a Bernie Sanders transgender supporter.....

no kale?

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

La Croix- we were drinking those for a bit then stopped a few years ago.

Rose- tried my first dry rose on my first trip to france in 93. great summer wines

My reading comprehension sucks; I've had both of these as well.  In fact we got a great Rose from Del Dotto on that Napa trip.  Shiot, I'm at 6-7, I'm focking woke biotches.  :banana:

• Like 1

Lol @ people in this thread lying saying they have never even heard of any of those things. God you guys are insecure.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Ditto

Same here

2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Lol @ people in this thread lying saying they have never even heard of any of those things. God you guys are insecure.

I live in the middle of the woods in Pennsylvania.  No where near Philly or Pittsburg. I really have no idea what some of those th8ngs are.

now, is Rose Rose wine?  I’ve heard of that wine if that’s all of the sudden millennial.

50 minutes ago, nospk said:

Same here

metoo

6 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Waffle sandwich. But I made it myself when I was bored at waffle house, so I don't think it counts. 

I was going to say the same, I dont think we know what it is.  I make toaster waffles, syrup, sausage and eggs and put it together all the time.  That doesn't sound very vegan

of the list I have had

Quinoa, Boba, Avacado Toast (about 20 years ago I was doing that), Acai Bowls daily almost, Cauliflower Rice (and mashed potatoes) Almond Butter and Oat Milk

There are only 7 things on that list that I have even heard of. 

I've had coffee with butter in it. Pretty focking good every once in awhile for something different. So I guess I'm a 1 

You're only a millennial douche if you pronounce it "Le Kwah"

It is pronounced "Le kroy"

3 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

You're only a millennial douche if you pronounce it "Le Kwah"

It is pronounced "Le kroy"

Can I have more le kwah with my guac?

4 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Yep

4 hours ago, tanatastic said:

How a Trumper thinks: I'm proud to say I ain't never had none of that avocado on crispy bread. I will eat avocado, and I will eat crispy bread, but I will not be caught dead combining the two

How other Trumpers think: I like toast and avocado together. Maybe I will admit it, no wait another Trumper just said avocado toast transcends American politics and said it was a liberal thing to do. Definitely denying it.

I want to hear more about the sushi burrito.  Just a fock ton of sushi in a seaweed wrap, or is it sushi in a tortilla? 

9 hours ago, Fireballer said:

If your on Twitter and dont follow Mike Leach, youre missing out.  Dude is hilarious. I scored a 3.  Quinoa,  cauliflower rice and almond butter

Had more than I anticipated: Quinoa (not bad as a main muffin ingredient). Kombucha, think I just like straight ginger, no other flavors. I have some sweet Macha powder that's great for an easy Macha latte. Actually tried a Turmeric latte because the restaurant in my building had it for a little while. It was way too sweet. Seems like it would be meh if not oversweetened though. Boba, every now and then. 

1 minute ago, naomi said:

Had more that in realized: Quinoa (not bad as a main muffin ingredient. Kombucha, think I just like straight ginger, no other flavors. I have some sweet macha powder that's great for an easy macha latte. Actually tried a Turmeric latte because the restaurant in my building's lobby had it for a little while. It was way too sweet. Seems like it would be meh if not oversweetened though. Boba, every now and then. 

Several posters mentioned Boba.  What is that? 

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

Several posters mentioned Boba.  What is that? 

asian "bubble" drinks. can be made with different bases.