Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

How millennial are you?

1 minute ago, Bier Meister said:

asian "bubble" drinks. can be made with different bases.

Gotcha. Plenty of Asian places around here advertise bubble tea.  Never had it though. 

Here in the US it seems like almost all Boba tea sold has tapioca balls in it. 

Sweet, milky, tea with junk in it.

4 minutes ago, DonS said:

Several posters mentioned Boba.  What is that? 

Bounty hunter. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Avocado toast- tried mrs and daughter's once or twice

Cronut- a few times. I generally do not eat donuts.

Quinoa- Used it on menus 15 years ago. Make it occasionally at home.

Poke- have been going to hawaii for 45 years. Love poke with no apologies.

La Croix- we were drinking those for a bit then stopped a few years ago.

Rose- tried my first dry rose on my first trip to france in 93. great summer wines

Bone Broth- ?  i used to make stocks and demis. sometimes served a consumme.

impossible burger- have tried it. sell it to customers

almond butter- daughter uses it. I don't love almonds.

boba- i grew up in san francisco. have had these for a while.  daughter loves them. i will have an occasional sip of hers.

edit: 

have had kambucha, macha, but not used in our house.

heard of sushi burritos and would try it, just sounds like too much for me.

superfoods?

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I was going to say the same, I dont think we know what it is.  I make toaster waffles, syrup, sausage and eggs and put it together all the time.  That doesn't sound very vegan

of the list I have had

Quinoa, Boba, Avacado Toast (about 20 years ago I was doing that), Acai Bowls daily almost, Cauliflower Rice (and mashed potatoes) Almond Butter and Oat Milk

Yeah, mine was eggs, a sh!tload of cheese, half a dead pig in sausage and bacon, in between two buttermilk waffles. It's about the furthest thing from vegan that could possibly exist. 

Tangentally related but relevant here. The most adventurous meal I've had I actually had with CH. Ethiopian place. I forget who had which one now, but we definitely struck out with our choices. One of the plates looked like vomit. The other one looked like diarrhea. Just lumps of mushy food that could have been props for either. CH made a crack about understanding why there's starvation over there. I'm sure there is good Ethiopian food though. He was a good sport though, especially considering he thinks avocado (in general) is a "hippy food." Meat and potatoes Nebraskan. I forget the name of it but all Ethiopian restaurants serve a sort of tortilla-like flat bread. It's usually beige. Ours was a grey and as he put it, it looked like it was used to clean a bathtub.

3 minutes ago, naomi said:

Tangentally related but relevant here. The most adventurous meal I've had I actually had with CH. Ethiopian place. I forget who had which one now, but we definitely struck out with our choices. One of the plates looked like vomit. The other one looked like diarrhea. Just lumps of mushy food that could have been props for either. CH made a crack about understanding why there's starvation over there. I'm sure there is good Ethiopian food though. He was a good sport though, especially considering he thinks avocado (in general) is a "hippy food." Meat and potatoes Nebraskan. I forget the name of it but all Ethiopian restaurants serve a sort of tortilla-like flat bread. It's usually beige. Ours was a grey and as CH put it, it looked like it was used to clean a bathtub.

Sound like you went to a really bad place. I had eithiopian food in Jerusalem. Not something I'd go out looking for (I only ate there because it was one of the few things open on shabbat) , but not bad. Mostly meat and the flat bread you mentioned. 

21 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Sound like you went to a really bad place. I had eithiopian food in Jerusalem. Not something I'd go out looking for (I only ate there because it was one of the few things open on shabbat) , but not bad. Mostly meat and the flat bread you mentioned. 

That's what I'm thinking. There's another one in Sac that's well regarded I'll have to try. 

11 hours ago, frank said:

There are only 7 things on that list that I have even heard of. 

I beat you. I've heard of 8. :banana:

I'd be willing to bet alot of millenials haven't even heard of half of these. Maybe the test should have been "How many of these have you heard of?"

Avocado toast happens to be a limited time offering at the restaurant in my building so I tried it this morning. They have classic, one loaded with bacon bits and one with a bunch of egg slices. Went with the egg slice one. Not bad. Actually a great food for my underweight self. It was fairly bland but hearty. The spread of avocado was thicker than anticipated :thumbsup: I can see how it would be a good base for something tastier.

1 hour ago, naomi said:

Avocado toast happens to be a limited time offering at the restaurant in my building so I tried it this morning. They have classic, one loaded with bacon bits and one with a bunch of egg slices. Went with the egg slice one. Not bad. Actually a great food for my underweight self. It was fairly bland but hearty. The spread of avocado was thicker than anticipated :thumbsup: I can see how it would be a good base for something tastier.

I've seen a few people order it and to me it was too much avocado.  Anyway, my wife is out of town and I mentioned that my daughter loves it so I picked up some avocados and bread (we don't usually have bread in the house, being low carb focused).  Some day this week I'm going to make an egg/bacon/avocado toasted sammich.  Probably add some cheese because I love cheese.  Mmmmm......