• flip flops
    • ballet shoes
    • birkenstocks
    • panty hoes
    • climbing shoes
    • tevas
    • golf shoes

Birkenstocks easy

I think the socks that just barely cover the foot, the invisible socks or whatever, are pretty focking gay. It's becoming the norm and it's weird.

12 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I've got Sanuks, something like this:

https://www.sanuk.com/mens-sidewalk-surfers/vagabonded/1015926.html?dwvar_1015926_color=DKB#start=26&cgid=mens-view-all

Supposedly the soles are made of recycled plastic bottles or whatever, I don't care, they are the most comfy shoes ever, especially in a hot climate.  Also they are machine washable.

I looked at a pair of those a few days ago in REI. :thumbsup:

Also, I have a pair of Ugg boots. 

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I think the socks that just barely cover the foot, the invisible socks or whatever, are pretty focking gay. It's becoming the norm and it's weird.

Wearing sneakers with socks going up your leg looks like crap if you're wearing shorts. Especially if you pull them up. 

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Wearing sneakers with socks going up your leg looks like crap if you're wearing shorts. Especially if you pull them up. 

Yeah I agree that long socks like that looks dumb, but the sock that just covers the bottom of the foot looks really really gay. I just go with the ankle ones

Ankle socks and socks that just barely cover the foot are perfectly fine. Look good and are comfortable. 

White socks of any length are terrible looking.

Long socks are also terrible but I guess if I have to see someone wearing them, I'd rather see them pulled up high than bunch around the ankle looking like soccer shin guards. Saw a picture recently of me as a kid and it seems my mother used to dress me in that style sock..... disgusting 

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Ankle socks and socks that just barely cover the foot are perfectly fine. Look good and are comfortable. 

Long socks are also terrible but I guess if I have to see someone wearing them, I'd rather see them pulled up high than bunch around the ankle looking like soccer shin guards. Saw a picture recently of me as a kid and it seems my mother used to dress me in that style sock..... disgusting 

You need to cut some players, Waldo.

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I agree with this although I disagree with FBN; ankle socks are on the ghey-o-meter, and the longer the gheyer, with shorts anyway.  With slacks it is the opposite; exposed bare leg between pants and shoes is uber ghey.

I got some Wright socks for hiking and liked them so much I got a 3-pack.  Pretty much no-show to slightly-show.  They have two layers which are great for high impact exercises because they have two layers which absorb the foot movement within your shoe.  They are expensive but worth it.  For low impact like lifting I wouldn't bother tho.

30 minutes ago, kutulu said:

You need to cut some players, Waldo.

I know. Compy crapped out. I'm on my phone. Only here posing because of the edex draft. Already discussed with Edjr replacement about my paying and cutting players

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I agree with this although I disagree with FBN; ankle socks are on the ghey-o-meter, and the longer the gheyer, with shorts anyway.  With slacks it is the opposite; exposed bare leg between pants and shoes is uber ghey.

I got some Wright socks for hiking and liked them so much I got a 3-pack.  Pretty much no-show to slightly-show.  They have two layers which are great for high impact exercises because they have two layers which absorb the foot movement within your shoe.  They are expensive but worth it.  For low impact like lifting I wouldn't bother tho.

Oh yes long pants of any kind with ankle showing is queer

Whatever ed wears.

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Agree mostly. Long socks for slacks. No shows for shorts.

I disagree on hiking though. Want long socks for that. For one I'm wearing boots with ankle support, so the socks need to go up higher. Secondly, ticks and chiggers and sh!t. 

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Agree mostly. Long socks for slacks. No shows for shorts.

I disagree on hiking though. Want long socks for that. For one I'm wearing boots with ankle support, so the socks need to go up higher. Secondly, ticks and chiggers and sh!t. 

I can see that in your case.  I prefer trail runners vs. boots; I feel like navigating the rocky terrain helps to strengthen my ankles.  Of course some day I'll turn over on it and break my foot again... anyway, we don't have ticks and chiggers.  We do have rattlers that live on the preserve, I wonder if longer socks may help prevent bites.  I'll need to look into it.  :thumbsup:

herbivore hide shoes? I hear they are self sprayed with paint but what the heck, gay as a loon can be.