Sign in to follow this  
shorepatrol

The Jihad squad

6 hours ago, drobeski said:

Close enough

Michigan, Minnesota, the result is still the same. Zero Super Bowls.  

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

:lol:

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I try to be polite when in public by changing my phone over to Lions mode - no ring. 

6 hours ago, patweisers44 said:

She is.  She has the seat that used to be JOhn Conyers'.  The Black Caucus wont let it slip away next election cycle.  She is one and done.

4 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

We have that other muslim chick (non borther focker) because the black people couldn't organize and back one black candidate.

Great minds thinking alike, right here.

4 hours ago, Strike said:

The problem isn't with the corporations making a profit.  Hint:  Anyone who has a 401k is a shareholder and, therefore, by your reasoning part of the problem.  The problem is that corporations have been given the same rights as an individual.  That's idiotic.  A corporation is run by individuals but is not one itself.  We should prohibit corporations from lobbying the government.  Probably should do so with a lot more organizations beyond just corporations but right now we're discussing corporations.  The problem isn't the existence or business model of corporations, which at the end of the day just consist of a number of individual investors just as some small partnerships do, but with the ability of the corporation to exploit their status as a "person" and the amount of money they can spend on lobbying to serve their best interests instead of the country/people.

I mostly agree. I also think some regulations of buyouts would be good. It stifles competition. Companies just grow by swallowing their competitors. This also leads to the situation we have today. Most industries are dominated by two or three companies. Look at media for christsake.

I'm not anti capitalism at all. But untrammeled growth is a bad thing. In a body we call it cancer.

Look at this Facebook bullish!t just the other day. Blatantly focking people over. Get hit with a five billion dollar fine, and their stock goes up. Because they can eat that no problem.

The issue is government. They are supposed to regulate business. Instead they are owned by it. 

4 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I mostly agree. I also think some regulations of buyouts would be good. It stifles competition. Companies just grow by swallowing their competitors. This also leads to the situation we have today. Most industries are dominated by two or three companies. Look at media for christsake.

I'm not anti capitalism at all. But untrammeled growth is a bad thing. In a body we call it cancer.

Look at this Facebook bullish!t just the other day. Blatantly focking people over. Get hit with a five billion dollar fine, and their stock goes up. Because they can eat that no problem.

The issue is government. They are supposed to regulate business. Instead they are owned by it. 

Government is supposed to scrutinize those transactions and has been doing a piss poor job at it for the last 10-20 years.  But it all comes back to the lobbying.  Get rid of corporations being able to lobby.  Reinstate Glass-Steagall.  Revisit Citizens United.  Reinstate the rules limiting how many media outlets one company can own.  Plenty we can do.  But the idiots in congress would rather complain that Trump is a racist.

Just now, Strike said:

Government is supposed to scrutinize those transactions and has been doing a piss poor job at it for the last 10-20 years.  But it all comes back to the lobbying.  Get rid of corporations being able to lobby.  Reinstate Glass-Steagall.  Revisit Citizens United.  Reinstate the rules limiting how many media outlets one company can own.  Plenty we can do.  But the idiots in congress would rather complain that Trump is a racist.

Can't disagree with any of that. I agree with the free market. Problem is, that hasn't really existed in a long time. Most American industries are a small oligopoly (if that's even a word) generally offering remarkably similar things for remarkably similar prices. 

21 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Can't disagree with any of that. I agree with the free market. Problem is, that hasn't really existed in a long time. Most American industries are a small oligopoly (if that's even a word) generally offering remarkably similar things for remarkably similar prices. 

Oh, BS.  If you're talking about Walmart sure.  That's what they do.  There are plenty of innovative companies in the U.S.  We're still the most innovative country in the world.  You can't just focus on those large companies that you hear about in the news every day.  And the tech world is incredibly diverse. 

1 hour ago, patweisers44 said:

Great minds thinking alike, right here.

The truth is the truth. Any chance the blacks don't try and get that seat back?

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

The truth is the truth. Any chance the blacks don't try and get that seat back?

I said the same thing the moment it appeared she even had a chance.