Sign in to follow this  
sderk

The Witcher to come out on Netflix this year

Based upon the books and video games. Looking forward to it. Witcher 3 is an awesome game. Wondering how they are going to be able to pull it off though. It seems like a really tall task.

8 hours ago, sderk said:

Based upon the books and video games. Looking forward to it. Witcher 3 is an awesome game. Wondering how they are going to be able to pull it off though. It seems like a really tall task.

I've repeatedly heard good things about Witcher 3.  Do you need to have played the previous titles or can somebody jump right in at 3?

4 hours ago, DonS said:

I've repeatedly heard good things about Witcher 3.  Do you need to have played the previous titles or can somebody jump right in at 3?

I jumped right into Witcher 3. Do it. I have played it like 6-7 times through over the last few years. It's really cool man. After you play it once, you will definitely want to play it again to do things differently. This is all based upon if you like this type of game that is.

I have Witcher 1 made for xbox but haven't gotten into it yet. And Witcher 2, I don't have the system to play it at this time.

I'm holding out hope but I'm not sure I remember a movie based on a video game being good.  Hope they don't ruin it!

9 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Looking forward to that one, the Wheel of time one, and the red rising one. 

Very excited for both of these as well.

6 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I'm holding out hope but I'm not sure I remember a movie based on a video game being good.  Hope they don't ruin it!

This.

4 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Yeah. I am suspect of it myself. Can't imagine how they are going to pull it off given the various capabilities of the main characters. But that being said, I was talking through the storyline for Witcher 3 today to my girlfriend, and I was realizing how many plot lines and seasons could be made out of this story. She had previously read something about this coming out on Netflix and thought maybe it could be comparable to how Games of Thrones was structured. Complex and with tons of storylines and content. I could see this for sure. 

With all the various lands and government entities like the Northern Kingdoms and the Nilfgaardian Empire, the open-world regions of White Orchard, Velen, Novigrad, Skellige, Kaer Morhen, Royal Palace in Vizima, etc..., there is a lot of content and governing bodies and warfare and subplots to keep a show busy for years.

1 hour ago, Kanil said:

It's not really based on a video game, as the game is based off of books. 

10 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Looking forward to that one, the Wheel of time one, and the red rising one. 

I kind of screwed up with the wheel of time. I started reading it prior to many of the books even having been written. Got through the first 6 or so then had to wait for the others. I lost the continuity of the series and never finished.

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

I kind of screwed up with the wheel of time. I started reading it prior to many of the books even having been written. Got through the first 6 or so then had to wait for the others. I lost the continuity of the series and never finished.

It's a great series, but it drags hard in the middle. By the end, you're just begging for it to be over. The final one was very well done by Sanderson though. 

13 minutes ago, Reality said:

Yo... I'm here for it..

Could be all right. I hope they go off of the main plot at times to show the life of a witcher without all the mega drama of the main story. That would be cool. Incorporate both sides. And all the Kaer Mohen stuff. 

5 hours ago, sderk said:

Could be all right. I hope they go off of the main plot at times to show the life of a witcher without all the mega drama of the main story. That would be cool. Incorporate both sides. And all the Kaer Mohen stuff. 

How 'bout they just show a lot of tittays and @ss?  That'll be more than enough to hold my attention.