Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Well this isnt a shock - $15/hour now isn't enough

If you don't like the work get another job?  Is it really that difficult?  Oh, and learn a skill so you don't have to lug boxes around for 8  hours a day.

• Thanks 1

Interesting, but I was reading that a Disney heiress visited Disneyland and was appalled that some of the workers there are homeless and getting public assistance.  Well, Disney pays a minimum wage of $15 and they have other programs for education and such.  Hmmm.  Maybe those folks are not working enough hours or they are spending too much money?  :dunno:

My son is just joining the workforce and he is pulling in a whopping $15/hour.  I told him that he needs to factor in when he doesn't get hours and he really should find something that pays more than that.  Even at 2,000 hours a year, it will only net you $30k.  Might be fine when you are living at home and not paying much rent, but it won't cut it in the real world.  

"I work from the time I get in there in the morning until I leave"

:lol:

Oh no, you have to work while you are at work???

Not everyone can be edjr

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

My son is just joining the workforce and he is pulling in a whopping $15/hour.  I told him that he needs to factor in when he doesn't get hours and he really should find something that pays more than that.  Even at 2,000 hours a year, it will only net you $30k.  Might be fine when you are living at home and not paying much rent, but it won't cut it in the real world.  

What is he doing?  Is it skilled labor?  Nothing wrong with $15/hour as a starting point if there's upward mobility in the career as he learns more and becomes better at doing it.  My first real job was $11/hour.

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

What is he doing?  Is it skilled labor?  Nothing wrong with $15/hour as a starting point if there's upward mobility in the career as he learns more and becomes better at doing it.  My first real job was $11/hour.

Right now, it is manual labor.  Where we are, he is best getting into the union as an apprentice and have them teach him.  I would have loved him to have gone to a trade school, but he likes working with big heavy machines.  

4 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Right now, it is manual labor.  Where we are, he is best getting into the union as an apprentice and have them teach him.  I would have loved him to have gone to a trade school, but he likes working with big heavy machines.  

His mom's d1ldo? 

• Haha 2

Hard working laborers, making the richest billionaire on the planet even more rich....... Given the income they are bringing in, $20 is outrageous?

The humanity!

54 minutes ago, DonS said:

His mom's d1ldo? 

She doesn't have just one.  There is like a whole wing on the house for them.  It is on its own power grid with generator backup.  

49 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

"I work from the time I get in there in the morning until I leave"

:lol:

Oh no, you have to work while you are at work???

Not everyone can be edjr

Used to be the case for sure. I barely have time to draft nowadays :cry:

Why don't the workers just quit then, and go get a $20 or $25 an hour job somewhere else ?  I don't get it.  Instead they demand they get to stay where they are and make more than that job pays?

And lol...at those griping that Bezos makes too much. LOL. Tards. 

31 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

She doesn't have one.  There is like a whole wing on the house for them.  It is on its own power grid with generator backup.  

I hope it's powered by green energy!  Think of the environmental impacts! 

Just now, DonS said:

I hope it's powered by green energy!  Think of the environmental impacts! 

Remember the blackout in NYC the other night?  She had a little wine with dinner and got frisky. Sorry!

my very 1st job in 1990 was at a wharf chucking ice onto fish for 7.25 an hour. After I realized I was too big of a puzzy to do manual labor, I worked at a sporting good store making 5 an hour

45 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Hard working laborers, making the richest billionaire on the planet even more rich....... Given the income they are bringing in, $20 is outrageous?

The humanity!

This has to be a troll post, right? :unsure:

There should be no minimum wage. Companies should be able to pay you whatever they want. 

My first job was when I was 13. It was illegal obviously, cash under the table. I made $2.50 an hour helping a guy open and close swimming pools. Then got a job at 15 bagging groceries for $4.25 am hour, minimum wage at the time. 

When I was younger, I always had this goal to make my age in hourly pay.

I did when I was 27, took a LOOONNG time to get there again, but gosh darnit I did.

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

The humanity!

Agreed.  That sounds like slave labor.  200-300 orders an hour?  How is that even possible?  I hope in time they can form a strong union.

You gotta feel for them, Tattoos & Vaping is expensive!!!

• Haha 1